Abdullah

Abdullah's in 2nd place right now for average yards per kick return (42.5). But the first place guy has only returned 3 vs Abdullah's 8.

http://www.cfbstats....y05/sort01.html

That is impressive except the fact that he returned it 8 times. That's like the Minnesota player who just broke the record for most return yards. You don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing because that meant your defense gave up alot of points.

Abdullah's in 2nd place right now for average yards per kick return (42.5). But the first place guy has only returned 3 vs Abdullah's 8.

That is impressive except the fact that he returned it 8 times. That's like the Minnesota player who just broke the record for most return yards. You don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing because that meant your defense gave up alot of points.

It's the average he's #2 at though. So the higher the number the more impressive it is. Just not for the team :P.

I'm not sure how/where his injury occurred, but DAMN did he get whipped into the ground by that guy tugging on the tops of his thigh-pads. Jesus I haven't seen someone pulled down like that in many a year.

My initial thought was he had the wind knocked out of him because he landed so hard.

Yeah man same for me. I figured he needed a breather and would be back out.

It's the average he's #2 at though. So the higher the number the more impressive it is. Just not for the team :P.

That's what I was getting at. 8 returns in 2 1/2 games equals bad defense.

While we're talking it on it... after replaying some of his returns, the kid has an outstanding burst and really knows how to find/make a seam when there isn't one there. But his flat out speed is a little slower than desired? It always seems that as soon as he gets some room to run, the defenders start catching up... Any opinions?

During Abdullah's post-game press conference following the Fresno St. game, he said he started to cramp around the 40 or so yard line, which is why he got drug down near the end.

My assumption is something similar happened during this return. Kudos to the Washington player catching him, but to me it looks like Abdullah lost a step after bursting through the coverage.

I thought it looked like he was cramping up a bit again. I have a suspicion that it's a young guy thing. Anyone remember a first game of anything? Maybe your first game in high school, first varsity game, first game in college, whatever; usually that first time you need to be on your horse, you labor through it, trying to force your body to move faster than it can. It leads to almost a cramping/stiffening feeling. A lot of guys get over it quickly, but it looks to me like Ameer still gets excited when he hits that open field and tries to push it instead of moving naturally. Watch his TD and the return he got hurt on, as soon as he hits open field it looks the exact same, the movement starts to look labored. That'll change pretty quick as he should be getting used to the game.

That sounds like when I lost my virginity.

Just sayin.......

Giggity.