Washington Aftermath

BIG ERN

Just have to give my two cents after attending the Washington game yesterday. -2nd row seats turned out to be epic btw.- First off Andrew Green is one of the worst corners I've ever seen start at Nebraska. Call it being over dramatic, call it our safeties aren't good , say whatever you want be he was OWNED all game long. Haven't watched the game again, but from being there I remember him giving up 3 TD passes, 2 pass interferences, defensive holding, and a face mask (correct me if I'm wrong). Evans and Mitchell have only looked alright at best, and Cassidy hasn't impressed me once. I still think Osborne and Stafford need to start at safety with Cooper and Smith having a few looks, and I want to see Dijon Washington get some play at corner. Also wouldn't mind if Whaley saw some PT over Fisher at LB.

I think we will make some improvement obviously because it has to happen sometime soon, hopefully. Wisconsin is a little overrated because IMO the Big 10 looks weak right now and they haven't played jack. Offensively we looked pretty good overall with our offensive line making a few strides. LOVED when Legate finally got some good looks. GBR

• Fire 1

The facemask was on Compton, refs couldnt a damn thing right yesterday. I thought Mitchell played alright, once Dennard gets back Green wont see the field again. Evans I thought would have played better by this point in the season. We have some real issues with our secondary. I would say by the Wisconsin game Dennard and Mitchell will be starting at the corners. Osborne will be back at safety.

Green does look terrible, but we have to get more pressure on the QB so the receiver doesn't have so much time to get open. You can only cover a guy so long.

and for green it is less then a second. our line used to get coverage sacks all of the time. go look at the texas big 12 title game. mccoy did get pressured, but he also would roll and had nowhere to go(and then would get blasted out of bounds by suh). yesterday price would roll and there would be someone open without a defender in sight.

It's all part of learning...this secondary lost a lot of experience last year when Hagg, Gomes, and Amukamara all went to the NFL. Expecting the new guys to perform just like the old guys is absolutely insane. Dennard will alleviate some of the secondary problems, but so will time. The secondary wasn't good when Amukamara and Co. were new, but look what they developed into.

And for those of you saying we need to get more pressure on the QB, we did that yesterday. Price was very slippery and made our guys miss. But the point is: we got pressure on the QB (when we weren't being held).

Green does look terrible, but we have to get more pressure on the QB so the receiver doesn't have so much time to get open. You can only cover a guy so long.

Two of the three touchdown receptions that Green let happen came because of his own errors and mistakes. The first, he stumbled. The second wasn't fully his fault - he stuck to the WR well but we couldn't get Price down in time, so they got a TD. The third, it was an out route into the end zone and Green didn't react quick enough.

I'm not saying he's terrible, but it's becoming a theme among opposing quarterbacks to pick on Andrew Green, and they're doing it with a lot of success. My guess is that he's thinking too much out there and not letting the game come to him. He's also young and has little experience. He needs time like everybody else. Player's don't truly succeed in most cases in Pelini's defense until they're juniors or above, and he's only a sophomore

Just have to give my two cents after attending the Washington game yesterday. -2nd row seats turned out to be epic btw.- First off Andrew Green is one of the worst corners I've ever seen start at Nebraska. Call it being over dramatic, call it our safeties aren't good , say whatever you want be he was OWNED all game long. Haven't watched the game again, but from being there I remember him giving up 3 TD passes, 2 pass interferences, defensive holding, and a face mask (correct me if I'm wrong). Evans and Mitchell have only looked alright at best, and Cassidy hasn't impressed me once. I still think Osborne and Stafford need to start at safety with Cooper and Smith having a few looks, and I want to see Dijon Washington get some play at corner. Also wouldn't mind if Whaley saw some PT over Fisher at LB.

I think we will make some improvement obviously because it has to happen sometime soon, hopefully. Wisconsin is a little overrated because IMO the Big 10 looks weak right now and they haven't played jack. Offensively we looked pretty good overall with our offensive line making a few strides. LOVED when Legate finally got some good looks. GBR

At least he's not Pat Ricketts.

On the Facemask, that wasn't on Green. Green actually made a GREAT open-field tackle at the legs of the back on that play. The facemask was by Will Compton and it was completely unnecessary as Green already had the guy down.

BTW to your comment about Smith getting looks.. he did. PJ came in when Stafford went out with his injury... and proceeded to get burned for a 50 yard TD on first down.

At least he's not Pat Ricketts.

That statement is full of irony.