Bo and Taylor growing?

Husker_x

I'm not saying T-Mart is or needs to be a 'rah rah' guy, but I guess I'm not seeing what others are? After TD's, Taylor is maybe congratulated by one player, and if someone else scores, I never see him. I'm not saying he doesn't do it, but I don't see it...anyone got any video to support his new-found enthusiasm, or his teammates' enthusiasm for him?

Being at the game I can tell you that he is usually sprinting to the endzone on longer scores to congratulate the ball carrier or on shorter plays he meets them at the sidelines. It's hard to find a highlight long enough but I'm sure some others that have been to the games can back me up. I'll see what I can dig up though

Just watching his presser today he seems to have and er of confidence about him now and he's more relaxed with the media. Both him and Rex alluded to them joking back and forth in the huddle about the first time that he slid, so he's obviously comfortable with some of the guys.

And +1 to the OP if you didn't start this thread I definitely was going to start one about Taylor.

Anyone else who watched the game on tv notice that EVERY time they showed Taylor on the sideline that there was Joe Ganz, coaching him face to face. That's obviously has to be having the most effect with Beck up top to have someone like Ganz both recent experience and age wize helping the kid out.

But I thought Joe hated Taylor last season? or was that Zac Lee? I get so confused with all unsubstantiated rumors and drama flying around, but I'm positive it was fact that he hated our QB's.

I couldn't stop laughing when Bo was yelling at the ref on Sat. after that punt they called back. And the ref goes, "Don't talk to me like that!" Did anyone else catch this or just me? I was leading his lips, so maybe Im wrong.

P.S. your not going to get my vote to ban Shawn Watson, I laughed out loud at his post

These kind of topics tend to go away when there's nothing to complain about. Here's to reversing a trend.

I watched the press conference today with Bo. It was long, almost a full half hour. He was funny, engaged, informative, relaxed, patient, positive--after his defense gave up 38 points and fell apart in the fourth quarter. His sideline demeanor so far this season has been impeccable. I know he was zoned in on Thursday and some of the local papers jumped on him for an abbreviated interview, but overall I think we should commend a guy for improving as the face of the program. It has the opportunity to hell real quick, but so far so good. What we're seeing so far this season is a Head Coach, not just a fiery coordinator.

As for Taylor--he celebrates with his guys, had one of the best games of his career on Saturday. He's in front of the cameras answering questions almost every week. He's not Billy Graham, but he's doing what he can do as a key guy, and is vastly improved from this time a year ago. Major kudos. It seems the absence of a few unfortunate influences along with a fresh start on offense has boosted his confidence.

Anyway, we hear no end of the madness when things go wrong. Thought a positive slant might be a breath of fresh air.

Great point! I'm glad you brought it up. Sometimes we (fans) are quick to bash our team for its faults. So its good to celebrate improvement. :thumbs

Guys, let's not forget he was a pup last year. I don't know too many 18-19 year olds that could handle that kind of pressure. I was curious to see the transition from freshman to sophomore, and he is making better decisions. He's still young and will make mistakes. We can't expect this kid to perform to the level of frazier or crouch overnight. Frazier was a pain in the a@@ in the beginning and crouch.....he couldn't pass to save his life. We just remember the championships and how great we were. We had growing pains. Remember how folks said we could never win the big one???? Remember win folks wanted Osborne out?????? I do. Bo will adjust and so will martinez.