Black Jersey?

kreutz35

Omg people, its one freaking game where we would wear a diff color uniform! We wouldn't be breaking tradition. Get over it, the players want to do it, they are the ones playing, let them do what they want and if they want to wear all black for ONE game, its okay with me and it should be okay with you. Maybe it will give us some extra juice. New uniforms and a night game, the guys will be PUMPED to play!

I would like you to name me one team that has 5 national championships under its belt that had to resort to an "-----out" to get a cheap pop. Because that's all it is.

And f'ing seriously, if the players need a stupid, non-original, played out, black jersey to get pumped for the Wisconsin game, then they're screwed six ways from Sunday anyway.

Let it die. Please.

I really dont think this has anything to do with resorting to a "-----out" anything.... having all black jerseys is something i have always wondered about. I understand tradition and everything that comes with it but i say we let the kids have some fun. Its one game, thats not gonna kill any tradition! If black jerseys is going to give them even just a little more of an adrenaline rush before the game, which i know for a fact it will, then why not?

• Fire 1

Omg people, its one freaking game where we would wear a diff color uniform! We wouldn't be breaking tradition. Get over it, the players want to do it, they are the ones playing, let them do what they want and if they want to wear all black for ONE game, its okay with me and it should be okay with you. Maybe it will give us some extra juice. New uniforms and a night game, the guys will be PUMPED to play!

I would like you to name me one team that has 5 national championships under its belt that had to resort to an "-----out" to get a cheap pop. Because that's all it is.

And f'ing seriously, if the players need a stupid, non-original, played out, black jersey to get pumped for the Wisconsin game, then they're screwed six ways from Sunday anyway

Let it die. Please.

I said extra juice. I didn't say they wouldn't already be pumped and players are on record saying they want to wear something different sometime. They are the ones playing. And nobody will stop being a fan bc of our UNIFORMS, so stop saying it.

Ok. How about because it's stupid. Because it is. It's stupid. It's played out. It's so played out, played out Jim Rome calls it played out

And it puts us at the same level as Louisville, Stanford, Maryland, (insert any school with 22 percent of our tradition here) trying to upset a team.

I have never sen USC, Ohio St, Wisconsin ( take note here), Michigan, or another school on our level try it. There's a reason. Stop it

And f'ing seriously, if the players need a stupid, non-original, played out, black jersey to get pumped for the Wisconsin game, then they're screwed six ways from Sunday anyway

Let it die. Please.

I said extra juice. I didn't say they wouldn't already be pumped and players are on record saying they want to wear something different sometime. They are the ones playing. And nobody will stop being a fan bc of our UNIFORMS, so stop saying it.

Ok. How about because it's stupid. Because it is. It's stupid. It's played out. It's so played out, played out Jim Rome calls it played out

And it puts us at the same level as Louisville, Stanford, Maryland, (insert any school with 22 percent of our tradition here) trying to upset a team.

I have never sen USC, Ohio St, Wisconsin ( take note here), Michigan, or another school on our level try it. There's a reason. Stop it

You've never seen Ohio State or Michigan try it? First off, Michigan did their stupid version of a revised jersey vs notre dame, and it was awful! And I can remember Ohio State wearing those graphite-colored helmets with some goofy-lookin uggo yet still kinda sweet jerseys just last yr or the yr before. Our jerseys are stuck in 1960 right now. 2 years ago we marked the 300th consecutive sellout with throwback jerseys. They were sweet (yet plain) and gave our players an extra boost and our athletic department an extra fundraiser, as they were auctioned off. I could possibly see us doing a landmark type thing for the first ever B1G game. I don't think it will happen, but I also don't get why everybody gets their panties in a wad over the issue... get over it

Let it die. Please.

You've never seen Ohio State or Michigan try it? First off, Michigan did their stupid version of a revised jersey vs notre dame, and it was awful! And I can remember Ohio State wearing those graphite-colored helmets with some goofy-lookin uggo yet still kinda sweet jerseys just last yr or the yr before. Our jerseys are stuck in 1960 right now. 2 years ago we marked the 300th consecutive sellout with throwback jerseys. They were sweet (yet plain) and gave our players an extra boost and our athletic department an extra fundraiser, as they were auctioned off. I could possibly see us doing a landmark type thing for the first ever B1G game. I don't think it will happen, but I also don't get why everybody gets their panties in a wad over the issue... get over it

What you are describing is entirely different than a black-out game. First of all, Michigan's jerseys weren't designed that way because they look super rad and cutting-edge -- they're a throwback design, much like ours were for the 300th sellout. Ohio State's were pro combat uniforms which were worn for one game for no reason at all - no fan participation, no promotion or hyping up the game for it, nothing.

Doing something ala the 300th sellout is a great and fine idea -- but a key element is that there is a reason for doing it besides the sake of doing it, and there is no black. I'm the president of the student fanbase at Wayne State College and trust me -- the only reason you do blackouts, whiteouts, etc. is to hype up a certain big game and get people there when you struggle to at other times, Nebraska does not have these problems so they don't need these solutions.

Let it die. Please.

That's your opinion. My opinion is, I will be watching the game hoping Taylor Martinez runs all over them and Jared Crick destroys their QB. Thats all I care about, not about the color of our uniforms. Your right it is stupid, its stupid that people get so worked up over jerseys. We could wear pink or play naked for all I care, just so long as we win :LOLtartar

• Fire 2

Let it die. Please.

You've never seen Ohio State or Michigan try it? First off, Michigan did their stupid version of a revised jersey vs notre dame, and it was awful! And I can remember Ohio State wearing those graphite-colored helmets with some goofy-lookin uggo yet still kinda sweet jerseys just last yr or the yr before. Our jerseys are stuck in 1960 right now. 2 years ago we marked the 300th consecutive sellout with throwback jerseys. They were sweet (yet plain) and gave our players an extra boost and our athletic department an extra fundraiser, as they were auctioned off. I could possibly see us doing alandmark type thing for the first ever B1G game. I don't think it will happen, but I also don't get why everybody gets their panties in a wad over the issue... get over it

What you are describing is entirely different than a black-out game. First of all, Michigan's jerseys weren't designed that way because they look super rad and cutting-edge -- they're a throwback design, much like ours were for the 300th sellout. Ohio State's were pro combat uniforms which were worn for one game for no reason at all - no fan participation, no promotion or hyping up the game for it, nothing.

Doing something ala the 300th sellout is a great and fine idea -- but a key element is that there is a reason for doing it

besides the sake of doing it, and there is no black. I'm the president of the student fanbase at Wayne State College and trust me -- the only reason you do blackouts, whiteouts, etc. is to hype up a certain big game and get people there when you struggle to at other times, Nebraska does not have these problems so they don't need these solutions.

This.

And to the person who wants to wear black for our first freaking Big Ten game. That is the biggest face palm ever.

Wow! Everyone here is so full of camaraderie! Where's the love, man?!??

knapp, there are people here that want us to wear black uniforms. I hope you can understand the hate.

Doesn't have anything to do with "want". First off this won't happen so I really don't understand why some of you get so freaked out over our Tradition! Anyway, it's not really that fans want this to happen, if for some reason it did happen, a lot of us really wouldn't care, we are Husker fans, not scarlet and cream fans.