Interesting Text Message

Scratchtown

never know how reliable these can be, but its from a friend of mine who's dad played at Nebraska in the early 80's

"Just heard this from my dad---he heard from a reliable source that Brenden Stai will be named oline coach and Cotton will move into the front office as director of football operations...Jamrog is out from what he's heard. Alumni can't stand him and boosters made it clear they clear they want him out. Also, TO may be done and a new AD will be named...Alberts or rimington..."

Thoughts? is there any truth to this statement?

Also, I thought Rimington has stated on a radio show or some interview that the AD has already been chosen and its not him.

I wouldn't doubt the offensive line change. It makes sense. As far as TO, I won't say it WON'T happen, but I don't think it's going to be told to many people before it happens. I think this is one of those transitions that will be more like TO leaving the head coaching position. It'll be simply announced a short time before it happens. I'm of the opinion that I think it's probably the Ass. AD that's been mentioned on here... and that he'll go til it's time for him to retire, and that if Trev continues making the good and tough decisions for UNO like he has, that he'll be next in line. I think it's too early to pick Alberts... I think more time to prove himself is needed. The nice thing about people like Trev and Darin is that if they're successful, and do what's needed, they're not the type that are going to move on elsewhere... these are people that love and are committed to the Huskers, and won't ever leave unless they're forced out.

Be interesting to see what happens. Not saying TO won't be going, but I doubt it'll be leaked this early in the year.

never know how reliable these can be, but its from a friend of mine who's dad played at Nebraska in the early 80's

"Just heard this from my dad---he heard from a reliable source that Brenden Stai will be named oline coach and Cotton will move into the front office as director of football operations...Jamrog is out from what he's heard. Alumni can't stand him and boosters made it clear they clear they want him out. Also, TO may be done and a new AD will be named...Alberts or rimington..."

So your friend's dad--he doesn't happen to install expensive aquariums, does he?

I'm not saying these changes won't happen. But the timing does seem odd. It would seem more likely to hear things like this in November or December. Or even sometime in the offseason.

Likewise, I'm not disbelieving these rumors, however, I don't think Jamrog is going to be the replacement for TO. He's too disliked by alums. The replacement is going to have that [alum support] on their side if they want to be the new AD

This. If he's so disliked by the alums that he can't coach, they wouldn't put him in a position where 62% of his job is buttering alums up.