End of game

Ratt Mhule

Wth Bo! Austin Jones deserved that touchdown. Yes I realize we had the game won at that point, but anyone could tell Jones wanted that touchdown badly! Make them stop him, he's our freaking 5th string running back for godsake! He's been with the program long enough and has worked his butt off and Bo takes a knee instead of giving him the chance to score. Disappointed in your decision Bo. :rant

• Fire 1

Show his own players respect first. If they stop him, they stop him. But give the kid a chance. My opinion. If you don't like the thread, you do have the power to delete it btw.

I've heard it both ways.

Played for a coach in high school who was all about the "classy" way, never run up the score, whatever else.

My current coach in college is all for giving the second and third string players their dues, and letting them "get theirs" in garbage time, so to speak. Kind of the reward for getting the crap beat out of ya in practice.

So some will like it, some won't. I've been on both sides so I could care less.

I think it's classy. These kids have had dads and family and friends breeding the "killer instinct" since they were kids. Winning is'nt everything. Or another way to put it is, it's easy to make a dog very mean and aggressive, teaching it when is the "right" time to be that way is way harder. Congrats on the win and tell Bucky Hi next week, from all us Iowa fans.

Just for the record, in most situations I would support Bo's decision. If this was anyone but Austin Jones I would commend his decision, but we are talking about a kid who has busted his butt for 5 years, earned a scholarship and might not get another carry the rest of the year. Maybe against Minnesota, but who knows. This might have been his last chance.

Here's my question: Why do individual statistics and accomplishments matter? Shouldn't we be concerned about winning and winning the right way, and that's it? Who knows, maybe Austin is okay with it or even had a say in it, and if he's upset about not "getting his", then he doesn't deserve his. Being a team is making individual sacrifices for the benefit of your teammates.

I understand that players don't think this way, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't.