Post Game Coaches Radio Show

Bo apologized to the NU fans and said the fact they didn't play well is on him. He pretty much said they keep addressing breakdowns with the team and they continue to lay an egg on the field. That answer is for the morons who think they haven't addressed the many defensive problems this year.

Not what I heard. He apologized to all fans on behalf of him and the team. But since Bo is such a fluid public speaker and has a Barack Obama certified teleprompter and a week long rehearsed speech in front of him to read out with millions listining, i'm sure he was clear as day with what he was saying with no heat of the moment effects on the comment. Yep. You're right.

he said "Im ashamed to be the head....." then cut it off mid sentence.

Now he is talking about the defense not playing like they are coached to do. Saying the coaches can only tell the players so much.

Really? He recruited them, he coaches them everyday. He is directly responsible for their play. I didn't hear it, but if this is really what he said then I just lost a little respect for him.

Bo apologized to the NU fans and said the fact they didn't play well is on him. He pretty much said they keep addressing breakdowns with the team and they continue to lay an egg on the field. That answer is for the morons who think they haven't addressed the many defensive problems this year.

There's a difference between addressing and correcting.

I've been listening to both his post game press conference and the bo pelini show. i did not hear him say that.

I did however hear him apologize many times to the Husker fans. I heard him say that the team feels that way too. I heard him just say that you can only coach the players so much, its up to them to put it out there on the field. He also said that many bad things defensively did not surprise him because he has been seeing it in practice as well.

I've been listening to both his post game press conference and the bo pelini show. i did not hear him say that.

I did however hear him apologize many times to the Husker fans. I heard him say that the team feels that way too. I heard him just say that you can only coach the players so much, its up to them to put it out there on the field. He also said that many bad things defensively did not surprise him because he has been seeing it in practice as well.

Um? so are they bad athletes or is the coaching? Whatever they're doing in practice is not working so it's time to change.

Okay, so this is really Bo's postgame from the first Big 12 game he coached against Missouri back in 08, but similar effort and outcome.

Nebraska Coach Bo Pelini

Nebraska Coach Bo Pelini

On Nebraska’s mistakes

"Missouri was better than us tonight. I’ll tell you what I just told the team. I apologized to the team. I don’t point the finger, I point the thumb. It all starts with me. We got out-coached tonight. We weren’t well enough prepared. We got beat and we got beat soundly. I’m the head of this ship and I take full responsibility for it. I have to do a better job. Our staff needs to do a better job to give this team a better opportunity to win. We’re making too many mistakes and that’s coaching. Once again, it’s my fault. If you want to point a finger at somebody, point it at me because I’m not getting the job done. That’s about all that needs to be said. We got beat. We got beat soundly. They played better than us and they definitely coached better than us."

On what Nebraska’s game plan was against Missouri

"Execute. We wanted to get pressure on them and started to do that early. Started to get hits on the guy (Chase Daniel), but I thought we needed to make some things happen. We didn’t execute. We had some busts. Our guys weren’t well enough prepared to execute the plan and the plan we laid out wasn’t good enough. Once again, that’s my responsibility and it won’t happen again."

On if Pelini was embarrassed

"I’m not used to losing. I’m not used to getting beat soundly. Once again, that’s my fault. Yes, damn right, yes, I am embarrased. I apologize to the team, I apologize to the state of Nebraska, I apologize to everybody associated with the University of Nebraska football and it’s my responsibility. I was hired to do a job and I didn’t do that job tonight."

On Nebraska’s offensive statistics

"It’s not about numbers. It’s about points. We’re not about statistics. We’re about winning football games and we got our butts kicked and that’s my fault."

On Missouri’s physicalness

"They’re a good football team. I give them all the credit in the world, but we made them pretty good too with some of the things that we did. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not taking anything away from Missouri. Like I said, they out-coached us and they out-played us. It starts with me."

On bouncing back

"Go back to work. I’ve never quit anything in my life. I’m a fighter. We’re going to come out fighting. I think that we have character in our locker room. We have to get better as a football team and that’s the only way I know how to go about it."

Basically what I got out of that post game show was that Bo has been coaching his players perfectly but they aren't listening to what he is saying. He kept saying the players aren't taking the coaching. He isn't surprised that this happened because he has seen it everyday in practice.

Sure he apologized to the fans and "technically" put the blame on him but in the very next breath he talks about how the players aren't doing what they are coached to do.

He sounded like some other coach we used to have who said he has "done an excellent job in all areas."