Nebraska -10 vs Ohio State

Nebraska -10 favorite  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wish we would hurry up and hire Urban Meyer!! :thumbs

While that would be totally amazing to have Urban Meyer calling plays for us, it will NEVER HAPPEN! The man has already proven himself as a successful offensive coordinator and head coach. He would never take a step down the ladder to ben an offensive coordinator for a team like Nebraska...or any team for that matter. His next job will only be as a head coach at a big time university....possibly Ohio State.

:facepalm:

It sucks Badger.. whether you like tOSU or not, its never a good thing for the Big Ten when they are down.. Just like the Big Ten hasn't been the same since MIchigan has fallen. Ultimatly we all want the Big Ten to be good so we can start competing with the SEC.

At this point, I am just hoping that we dont get lack of institutional, get somre more minor penalties so we can start looking for a new coaching staff next year. Of course, we all hope Urban is getting tired of not coaching as I know this is one of his dream jobs. But I would be happy with the coach from Boise or TCU as well. Gruden is another name that keeps getting thrown around but I think thats doubtful.

I highly doubt you'll ever get Peterson. Considering how the Boise coaches before him (Koetter and Hawkins) fared after leaving Boise, I think he stays put. I normally would say the same thing with Patterson, but if TCU keeps screwing the pooch with regards to joining an imploding conference like the Big East he might very well be ready to start fresh.

I think this will be a close game. Simply because Ohio State may be struggling on offense, but they still have a very solid defense in my opinion. This could be a low scoring affair? Unless we really come out fired up on offense and run the game plan that we wish we would have run in Madison. I was really excited for that Wisconsin game, but now that is over and I feel like this game will be more important to our future than that Wisconsin game was. Following tough losses is when you find out the type of young men you have recruited to your football team. I think we have some good hard working determined young men here. Taylor Martinez included. I respect the fact that he was pissed, and I don't blame him a bit for being mad. The best part is, it shows me he cares. Let's go men, rise up and let's start the undefeated season from this Saturday on.

OSU has no offense, so I think your defense 'as is' can hold the line.

The wild card is your offensive coordinator. If he doesn't let Martinez do his thing on the ground it could end up being a lot closer than it should be. If he calls another game like the one he did at Madison you should run him out of town. Pelini too for allowing him to do it.

Although I've never liked Nebraska, I've always hated cheaters, so I'll be pulling for the Huskers on this one.

NU 24, OSU 10.

I have a policy against betting Husker games, but I want very badly to bet this. I'm 90% sure our defense will look better, and Ohio State's quarterback is terrible. Remember, to win by 10 you actually have to score 10.

Beck will be a lot more conservative after last week's failure. We should get a lot of Rex, and find more ways to get Turner involved. I like our chances to win this game.

I was shocked that the line wasn't -14 or more. I'm surprised that it hasn't gone that far yet (it's -11 at this point). Ohio State's offense is, without exaggeration, largely inept and pathetic. Them putting more than 10 points on the board in their inaugural visit to Lincoln under the lights is basically impossible. Add to that Beck won't call for a pass 14 times in a row and this is free money. Nebraska has a solid offense when they're poised and playing to their strengths.

I don't know what forum etiquette is regarding sports betting so I'll just say that I'm backing my stance up with more than words.

Braxton Miller can give the D some headaches. He has good accuracy and can beat you with his feet. Nebraska had better put a spy on him for this game or it could get ugly. He did have a horrid game against Michigan State but they do have a good defense and the weather was very nasty that game. He just may be better than Terrelle Pryor though he has a lot of growing to do yet.

I don't understand the "Ohio State may not even score" sentiment. I don't think people realize Michigan State is #1 in total defense in the entire country. Just because their defense pretty much shut down OSU's offense, doesn't mean we will. Yeah, I get their offense is bad. But our defense is worse. Colorado was shredded by OSU and it would be a stretch to say Nebraska's defense is as "good" as Colorado's.

Braxton Miller can give the D some headaches. He has good accuracy and can beat you with his feet. Nebraska had better put a spy on him for this game or it could get ugly. He did have a horrid game against Michigan State but they do have a good defense and the weather was very nasty that game. He just may be better than Terrelle Pryor though he has a lot of growing to do yet.

Miller reminds me of Jamal Turner, a lot.

I don't understand the "Ohio State may not even score" sentiment. I don't think people realize Michigan State is #1 in total defense in the entire country. Just because their defense pretty much shut down OSU's offense, doesn't mean we will. Yeah, I get their offense is bad. But our defense is worse. Colorado was shredded by OSU and it would be a stretch to say Nebraska's defense is as "good" as Colorado's.

I agree.

As the week progresses, my instincts tell me that OSU is going to come out and score and score often. Earlier in the week I had OSU by 3 points and scoring in the low 20pt range. I am beginning to sense that OSU might be good for 30+ points --- and if we aid them in any way (turnovers, short fields, etc.) they could hit high 30's or more. They did shred Colorado and our D and the Colorado D are likely not very far removed from one another. MSU has a D that is vastly superior to our D (at this point in time) --- OSU, and even their fans who are posting here, are laying in the woods --- the Buckeyes have more overall talent than Wisconsin has (though the Badgers have a great QB and OSU has a young soon-to-be great QB who is not there yet). OSU does not go from where they were to a team that "sucks" that fast. They have been bad, but they will right that ship.

Last year I posted before the Texas game that we need to watch out --- most here saw a win over the Horns and I (and some others, though we were in the smaller camp) felt that the Horns would win. When you take teams that talented lightly because they are struggling... they often come back and slap you. Usually talented teams that are struggling struggle against teams that they take lightly --- against teams that are on the big stage and they desperately need to win... they often rise up. Of course, in this whole post, it has been OSU cast as the talented team under-performing (and rightly so)... but NU is also a talented team (albeit not as talented as OSU) who is also under-performing. So we might play better than our "normal" game too. That is what makes this game so interesting and, at the same time... tough to predict... two teams of classic excellence that are spiraling downward... which one fails to lose this game?

I agree.

As the week progresses, my instincts tell me that OSU is going to come out and score and score often. Earlier in the week I had OSU by 3 points and scoring in the low 20pt range. I am beginning to sense that OSU might be good for 30+ points --- and if we aid them in any way (turnovers, short fields, etc.) they could hit high 30's or more. They did shred Colorado and our D and the Colorado D are likely not very far removed from one another. MSU has a D that is vastly superior to our D (at this point in time) --- OSU, and even their fans who are posting here, are laying in the woods --- the Buckeyes have more overall talent than Wisconsin has (though the Badgers have a great QB and OSU has a young soon-to-be great QB who is not there yet). OSU does not go from where they were to a team that "sucks" that fast. They have been bad, but they will right that ship.

Last year I posted before the Texas game that we need to watch out --- most here saw a win over the Horns and I (and some others, though we were in the smaller camp) felt that the Horns would win. When you take teams that talented lightly because they are struggling... they often come back and slap you. Usually talented teams that are struggling struggle against teams that they take lightly --- against teams that are on the big stage and they desperately need to win... they often rise up. Of course, in this whole post, it has been OSU cast as the talented team under-performing (and rightly so)... but NU is also a talented team (albeit not as talented as OSU) who is also under-performing. So we might play better than our "normal" game too. That is what makes this game so interesting and, at the same time... tough to predict... two teams of classic excellence that are spiraling downward... which one fails to lose this game?

I too, have had some feelings of Texas last year. But, hopefully getting our asses handed to us last year will help everyone realize their mistakes, and play better this week. I'd love to see if we have a screen in our playbook this week.

Huskers - 3

Ohio State - 2