Today's Presser

knapplc

He didn't give it to himself, and it's an undeniable FACT. But like most of the haters, you'll just make sh1t up with doing any research whatsoever, just to try proving a point.

Yes, Taylor did. Taylor was calling himself "Taylor Magic" back in HS, which was then shortened down to T-Magic. Name wasn't given to him by his teammates in HS either, he gave himself the nickname.

• Fire 1

He didn't give it to himself, and it's an undeniable FACT. But like most of the haters, you'll just make sh1t up with doing any research whatsoever, just to try proving a point.

Yes, Taylor did. Taylor was calling himself "Taylor Magic" back in HS, which was then shortened down to T-Magic. Name wasn't given to him by his teammates in HS either, he gave himself the nickname.

Nope. It came from his family. Look it up.

• Fire 1

I'm surprised people haven't linked to this yet:

"Everybody loves Taylor," Yoshi said. "He's the team's leader. He's the quarterback. If we turn our back on him, it'd be pretty bad.

"He's trying to take it to the next level. He's tired of being the same quarterback, tired of all the same criticism ... He just told me he was sick (of it). These next seven games, he just wants the world to get off his back, so he's going to do something about it.

"In our class, some girl told him, 'Stop throwing interceptions,' " Hardrick said. "He's like, 'It's just too much. Even in Spanish class, they're talking about interceptions.' "

Hardrick said Martinez doesn't like the fact people talk negatively about Martinez to his girlfriend.

"I think that really got to him," Yoshi said.

Nobody here hates Taylor

Don't tell me that when we're having to remove threads ripping into our QB. Maybe everyone didn't see it, but there was a lot of hate directed at him after the game.

I don't hate him. I just think his skillset is better suited for another position. That's all. Since you removed those threads I can't speak to that, but I saw mostly people who are concerned about his ability to play QB. If that's hating then I guess we Nebraska fans are too sensitive.

The name childish name calling is quite prevalent.

T-Ragic? Please. Grow the F up.

Yes he sucked, but he wasn't alone.

Well if you are bold enough to give YOURSELF a nickname, then you should be prepared to deal with unflattering offshoots.

I believe Niles Paul gave him that nickname. Or at least I think he said he did.

EDIT: I was mistaken, actually Paul didn't know where the nickname came from. P.J. Smith said he didn't think Taylor gave the nickname to himself.

http://huskerextra.c...1cc4c002e0.html

I thought he did, or at least liked it and had people call him that starting his Frosh year. Not sure it is substantiated fact either way, but there was a lot of discussion on this 3 years ago when he showed up before anyone had an axe to grind.

Hunter, if you think I am a hater then you really deal in revisionist history. If anything I tend to lean to the kool aid crowd. However, watching the presser I was extremely disappointed. Everyone wants to call him a "kid," when the reality is that he is a young MAN. Heck he is 21 years old. A part of maturing and being a man is being able to own up to your mistakes and work to correct them, it is also a key part of being a leader. Go ask any young SGT or LT about what they saw out of Taylor yesterday. They may have a different purpose to fulfill, but the traits and skills used are similar and apply universally.

I don't understand why people keep saying this. He did. He said "make better decisions" He has improved since last year. You people act like he just sits on the bench all week and then comes out on gameday and goes through the motions. He's not comfortable in front of the press. Again, why are we all putting these unrealistic expectations on Taylor. We want this media friendly guy and pocket passer. I guarantee that everyone of us on Huskerboard have had bad days or haven't done our jobs well before and still have those days. The kid's under a magnifying glass and he's frustrated and I don't blame him. There's only so much a person can take. Comparing him to a military man is pointless. It's not the same job.

I have no need to look it up as I've heard this story many, many times on the origin of his nickname.

But I'm guessing you are referring to Casey Martinez's story, right? If so, LOL. Casey Martinez = Evelyn Beck.

There used to be an old video floating around of Taylor with his teammates after he won an award his senior year. It discussed the origin of the "Taylor Magic" name and how Taylor just started calling himself that name randomly one year.

But believe whatever you want to, I guess.

I have no need to look it up as I've heard this story many, many times on the origin of his nickname.

But I'm guessing you are referring to Casey Martinez's story, right? If so, LOL. Casey Martinez = Evelyn Beck.

There used to be an old video floating around of Taylor with his teammates after he won an award his senior year. It discussed the origin of the "Taylor Magic" name and how Taylor just started calling himself that name randomly one year.

But believe whatever you want to, I guess.

Who cares? Walter Payton nicknamed himself Sweetness. Why does anyone give a s***?

• Fire 1

his short comings are obvious, listening to his pressers, he does not appear terribly intelligient or at least articulate, maybe he just doesn't understand x's and o's very well?

Yep, sure is a shame when someone communicates so poorly, isn't it? :thumbs

Grammar police guy is so cool

You forgot your period.

his short comings are obvious, listening to his pressers, he does not appear terribly intelligient or at least articulate, maybe he just doesn't understand x's and o's very well?

Yep, sure is a shame when someone communicates so poorly, isn't it? :thumbs

Grammar police guy is so cool

You forgot your period.

Thinks he's funny guy is almost as cool as grammar police guy

Ah, alright. You missed the point of knapplc's post, which was just a lighthearted jab at a previous post, which was an inarticulate post that criticized Taylor for being inarticulate. <-- And that is a run-on sentence.

It would be like correcting somebody else's spelling by spelling the word incorrectly yourself.

No need to be offended.