SuhFrazier

SuhFrazier  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No doubt about it, Suh! Frazier as great as he was couldn't do much for this offense. We had the luxury of watching Tommie play behind an outstanding OL. He wouldn't have this. He was for the most part a terrible passing QB. If one remembers correctly, Tommie got pulled against Miami in the Orange Bowl because he threw a horrible INT on our side of the field. Tommie was tough, but he wasn't as fast as Martinez. Our D would look tremendously different if Suh were there to plug up the runs up the middle and put pressure on the QB.

I voted Suh as our offense can actually move the ball and score. Now if it would of been a vote between Suh and Berringer then I'd think it would be a tougher decision. Since from what I remember Berringer wasn't that fast runner but was a decent passer.

With David back there, few if any teams will have much success running to the outside. Where our D has been gashed in the running game has been right up the gut. Suh would stop a lot of this. Suh would be the best thing that could happen to our young DB's. I could be wrong, but I see Frazier stuggling on this offense. The only improvement in our offense from when Frazier played is the WR. Rex is great, but he's no Phillips. The OL is a signficant downgrade from those Frazier played with. The only QB of NU QB past that might have a chance is Crouch, but even he played behind a much better OL than we have today.

With David back there, few if any teams will have much success running to the outside. Where our D has been gashed in the running game has been right up the gut. Suh would stop a lot of this. Suh would be the best thing that could happen to our young DB's. I could be wrong, but I see Frazier stuggling on this offense. The only improvement in our offense from when Frazier played is the WR. Rex is great, but he's no Phillips. The OL is a signficant downgrade from those Frazier played with. The only QB of NU QB past that might have a chance is Crouch, but even he played behind a much better OL than we have today.

Totally agree. Frazier was a great option QB, but I just can't see him being as successful in the current system. Maybe he would, but comparing Frazier's impact on the offensive side of the ball to Suh's impact on the defensive side of the ball, Suh seems like the obvious choice.

I voted for Suh. As much as I love Tommie Frazier and everything he did for this program, I cannot pick against what I believe was the most dominant defensive player college football has seen in over 25 years. Just his presence alone on the defensive line would instantly improve our defense as a whole.

• Fire 1

Hey, if we're going to fantasize, I'm bringing them both back. If you insist on only one it has to be Suh. I love Tommie but that is not the side of the ball with the biggest issues. In fact, considering we have Martinez, I would probably take virtually any of our past highly decorated O linemen back before TD Tommie. We get the good ole pipeline laying down pancakes and we would never have to pass if we didn't want to.

I disagree about Tommie being successfull in this current system. I believe Tommie would be able to go through his progressions and find the open man on a regular basis. The Huskers have open receivers and running backs streaking down the field every time we try to throw the football.

I disagree about Tommie being successfull in this current system. I believe Tommie would be able to go through his progressions and find the open man on a regular basis. The Huskers have open receivers and running backs streaking down the field every time we try to throw the football.

I will say that I thought Tommie was a better passer than Martinez is, but he was definitely never a pass-first QB. He probably would be better at finding open receivers than Martinez, though.

That said, I'd still rather have Suh back.

Frazier, because that guy was a leader that would have no problem grabbing the face mask of a teammate that wasn't pulling his weight and tell him about it. This team would hate his guts, but he'd get results. With the offensive personnel that we have right now (plus Frazier), Suh's bunch would never have to take the field. Frazier by a mile....maybe two.