What is a True Husker Fan?

I think the OP has a point. I think the problem i see is the way this board will kick a guy when he is down. Last year it was Niles this year its T Mart and its just crazy how a guy can be attacked be his own fans this way. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but some things just get out of hand. I read a post in the recruiting section about vander blue of marquette decommiting from wisconsin for the same things that happen pn this board and i think everyone should check it out.

• Fire 1

A True Husker Fan is someone who thinks what I think, who disagrees with the things I disagree with, who likes my favorite player and who wants to bench the same player I think should be benched.

A True Husker Fan is someone who echoes my sentiments after a loss, who agrees with my take on the team's flaws, and whose rhetoric matches mine while discussing both.

A True Husker Fan shares my taste in runzas, Valentino's pizza and Fairbury hot dogs.

A True Husker Fan stands when I stand, shouts when I shout, sits when I sit and stays quiet when I stay quiet.

A True Husker Fan shares my opinion of Lil' Red.

A True Husker Fan shares my opinions on Nebraska's rivals, which conference we belong in, and which team we love/hate the most.

A True Husker Fan agrees with me on that call the ref made - you know the one, in the third quarter, the one that affected the game? Yeah, that one.

A True Husker Fan does a +1 on my posts when I declare something definitive.

A True Husker Fan is someone who knows who the greatest QB, RB, WR and Coach at Nebraska is, and I don't even have to mention names, because they know.

Yep this is true! Little Red is the reason most posters here aren't really fans.

I think the OP has a point. I think the problem i see is the way this board will kick a guy when he is down. Last year it was Niles this year its T Mart and its just crazy how a guy can be attacked be his own fans this way. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but some things just get out of hand. I read a post in the recruiting section about vander blue of marquette decommiting from wisconsin for the same things that happen pn this board and i think everyone should check it out.

Most people here focus on the negative. There have been a LOT of people coming to Taylor's defense for this last game.

This true Husker fan crap really gets that Holier Than Thou mentality going, which seems to be a very very common theme on this website. We all want the same damn thing. We just want to win. The fans, the players, and now the coaches are all sitting around pointing fingers. Well I point the thumb.......and I want this team to win. So git er' done.

Im a football fan first and a Husker fan second. Probably a soccer fan third.

By definition then, I think you would have to be seen as a "luke warm" Husker fan. I am a rabid Husker fan. Sure, I follow pro football, Dallas; pro baseball, Atlanta; pro basketball, L.A.; and pro hockey, NY Isles. But if you were to ask me if I would trade success by all those other teams for Husker success, I would do it, in a heart beat. And when the Huskers don't do well, then it's hard for me to watch football, or any other sport for that matter. Heck, it's hard for me to get through the rest of my Saturday when the Huskers lose. I would never choose to watch another sport instead of Nebraska and will always feel the sting of a Husker defeat more intensely and longer than I would with any of the other teams I follow. I type this wearing Husker gear. I wear that flavor of gear all year. I have more of it than anything else. If someone were to take away my Husker fandom, I think I would be little more than if you were to give me a full on frontal lobotomy. That is all. As you were.

Truth be told, i grew up not really caring too much about college football, pro football was more my thing i loved the Steelers and the Bears. Though i was born and raised in Nebraska, my family didn't like the Huskers, they were from Maryland. But i loved watching and cheering for the Huskers because it seemed to make them mad. It wasn't until i got into high school that i turned my attention more towards college football and away from pro football. Of course by this time, Osborne was out and Solich was in. My idol was Eric Crouch at the time, i used to play football with some buddies of mine at the park near my house, mentally i thought myself as Eric Crouch throwing the long pass to Tracey Winstrom or something like that. I viewed myself more of a luke-warm fan during the Callahan era, unfortunately. I watched the Huskers religiously, but always thought in the back of mind that it was a mistake straying to a west coast offense. I used most of my time watching the "old" games of the Huskers with Turner Gil and Tommie Frazier. I really took off for the Huskers towards the end of Callahan's tenure, i joined the military, ran into a lot of Texas fans who liked to rub it in that the Huskers sucked. I held my head high and continued to root for them, but expressed my distaste for Callahan. In 2008 i was medically discharged after my injury in Afghanistan and i moved back home to Nebraska to find that Bo had taken over and i've expressed my likeness for the guy ever since. I have a lot of husker gear, probably not as much as some folks around here. But enough to call myself a Husker fan. I practically wear something with the Husker name on it everyday. I take my hits sometimes from out of towners about my Husker gear, but i could care less. Im proud to be a Husker fan.

For the record, i still like the Steelers and Bears. But im slowly becoming a Lions fan too. Go SUH!

• Fire 1

I can't wait for the "Greatest college football fans of all time" thread starts

And its cousin, the "classiest" fans thread.

You know i have always wondered. What makes us the "Greatest College Football Fans of All Time"?

Is it our knowledge, passion and respect for the game? the support we give to the University of Nebraska in the game of football? Is it our passion and dedication to come out in droves every Saturday in the fall for the game?

A combination of the three or reasons i didn't state?

You know i have always wondered. What makes us the "Greatest College Football Fans of All Time"?

Is it our knowledge, passion and respect for the game? the support we give to the University of Nebraska in the game of football? Is it our passion and dedication to come out in droves every Saturday in the fall for the game?

Well, the truth is that we're not. How could anyone measure such a thing?

The things you listed off are all true. Another factor is that we're an unusually polite and welcoming crowd. We are friendly towards visitors and we applaud their team as they leave the field, win or lose.

The whole "greatest fans" label came from Lee Corso, and the praise for the fans has been echoed by a number of coaches and writers over the years. Steve Pederson put those signs over the doors, and we've been made to live up to them ever since. For better or worse.

Well, the truth is that we're not. How could anyone measure such a thing?

The things you listed off are all true. Another factor is that we're an unusually polite and welcoming crowd. We are friendly towards visitors and we applaud their team as they leave the field, win or lose.

The whole "greatest fans" label came from Lee Corso, and the praise for the fans has been echoed by a number of coaches and writers over the years. Steve Pederson put those signs over the doors, and we've been made to live up to them ever since. For better or worse.

gasp... quick everyone grab the torches! This is a mutiny Knapplc!