***Official Ohio State Game Discussion***

I hope the crowd was booing Bo and Tim Beck, not Taylor. It's obvious they wanted Taylor to throw downfield, they hurried up to the line and called a vertical route. Of course it was going to get picked off, barring a perfect throw. And they did it after allowing 20 seconds to run off the clock when they had two timeouts.

It's like Bo and Tim learned nothing from last week. Nothing. Terrible coaching.

Taylor can't throw the football; this isn't opinion, just some "guy on the forums", or whatever excuse there might be. Great kid? Fine. Working hard and trying? Sure, I know. Throw the football? LOLWUT NO. Yet, shotgun formation every play. You know what normal football teams do when they have a QB that can't throw but have dynamic talents at WR and HB? They line up in a traditional formation, under center, and hope they can get the ball to those guys in better situations.

They don't PURPOSELY feature the one weak spot of the offense on 80% of the plays.

Taylor was 10/12 tonight before that last interception, which is ENTIRELY on the coaching staff.

All week, all anyone heard at Nebraska was that Taylor makes bad decisions and doesn't go through his reads. Did you not see INSTANT improvement in that regard tonight from Martinez? What the heck do you want from him?

Yeah, it was at least two guys in coverage on Reed on that play. That's the kind of throw you make when they have nobody over the top.

Cannot get greedy...have to play the game smart. I don't like that call. Beck has to know Taylor has a penchant for forcing things into coverage, and that's way too deep in our own territory to do so.

Seriously, on these pass plays, we have to make Taylor's first read the checkdown. No other way about it.

That was ENTIRELY on Tim Beck/Bo Pelini. I swear to god, the next person that blames that play on Taylor.

He had no choice but to force a ball downfield based on what his coaches were asking. They ran a QB draw, then DIDN'T CALL A TIMEOUT, let 20 seconds run off the clock, and then called a vertical pass play.

If you're going to run the clock out, why pass? If you're trying to score, why let the clock run? To go to a checkdown receiver on that play would have contradicted his coaches' desire which apparently was to try and score, he had no choice but to go downfield if they wanted to score.

That was god-awful coaching, and nothing else.

I said I didn't like the playcall at all and I don't like the clock management there either.

But as far as trying to exculpate Taylor?

I don't care what the playcall is. We're deep in our own territory. You don't throw it into coverage like that. You just don't. Check down, try a shot the next play, take a sack even, whatever. You don't loft it up there when there are at least two guys right in that area. Sorry - nobody forced Taylor to do that and it was a bad decision, no matter how you slice it. It is far from "entirely" on the coaching staff. If they call a shot downfield and it isn't there at all, you don't take the turnover and give 3 points to the other team.

The only sense that it was a bad decision by the coaches it that Beck should have known Taylor would be liable to create a turnover here.

Yeah, it was at least two guys in coverage on Reed on that play. That's the kind of throw you make when they have nobody over the top.

Cannot get greedy...have to play the game smart. I don't like that call. Beck has to know Taylor has a penchant for forcing things into coverage, and that's way too deep in our own territory to do so.

Seriously, on these pass plays, we have to make Taylor's first read the checkdown. No other way about it.

That was ENTIRELY on Tim Beck/Bo Pelini. I swear to god, the next person that blames that play on Taylor.

He had no choice but to force a ball downfield based on what his coaches were asking. They ran a QB draw, then DIDN'T CALL A TIMEOUT, let 20 seconds run off the clock, and then called a vertical pass play.

If you're going to run the clock out, why pass? If you're trying to score, why let the clock run? To go to a checkdown receiver on that play would have contradicted his coaches' desire which apparently was to try and score, he had no choice but to go downfield if they wanted to score.

Damn straight.

That was simply bad coaching decisions. Nothing else.

Martinez really is having a pretty good game. Beck is just playing right into their hands. When it aint working, you change it up. You take what they give you, not what they're taking away. Seems like OSU's plan is to key on Burkhead. It would have been obvious to everyone that we'd be trying to ride him all game.

They have a good defense. We're going to have to find a different way to run on them. (Please note that I say RUN on them.)

Damn straight.

That was simply bad coaching decisions. Nothing else.

Matt Millen mentioned this and it's worth mentioning again. I absolutely hate the idea of Taylor changing the call at the line every damn play. I f'ing hate it with a passion

Bo's supposed to be a Defensive guy, what happened?

He doesn't have Bill's talent to coach. These are the players that Bo has recruited and as you see he took us back to the dark days of the Solich. And before everyone starts the retarded "Bo good, Callahan bad" BS, just look at the facts. Bo was really good with the talent he was left, now that it's gone, we can't even score worthless points at the end of the game as everyone was complaining about under Bill. Our offense and defense totally suck now. Then you throw in his tantrums and it's obvious how this is going to end. But how long depends on when TO can admit that he made a mistake. And he still hasn't admitted that Frank was a mistake, so who knows when it will be.

Taylor needs to give people something. I not for booing a kid, but come on.

Kid played a good half. That pic was on Beck. Pointless and unnessecary risk....

Except Beck isn't throwing the passes. Beck needs some common sense smacked into him. I really didn't believe it could get worse than Shawn Watson but Beck is proving otherwise.

yep. Clearly they were thinking just throw it up. We've let enough time run off that a pick means they should have too far to go but enough time left on that if we complete it we have a shot at a long field goal or a hailmarry. Dumb dumb dumb. Just like the 4th and 1 decision. Desperation calls.

At this point i would prefer to not be in the top 25. Teams in the top 25 are there for a reason, they can stopp a 3rd and 7 run up the gut for god sakes. What did we plow our wad on defensive players last year. Im not freaking out, im f'ing pissed off. This is the dumest gameplay i have ever seen. Everyone said this game was a gimmie, when was the last time Ohio State ever gave up a gimmie. f#*k myself to sleep. f#*k these f'ing f'ers.

I completely agree. I was stunned last week when we only fell to #14. We would give the 2007 team a battle for the team with the least heart and discipline. I think the voters want to set us up to be embarrassed