What did we learn???

I love the diamond plays.

I love the fact that our OL won the 4th quarter.

Rex ran hard

Tmart did a good job hitting the outlet.

SJB has a future on D and the future is now.

David is a stud. Oh wait, we already knew that.

Enjoy a historic win. First b1g home came, biggest comeback and first home game against OSU.

What did we learn?

We learned that Bo doesn't mind the press when they are actually acting like professional journalists. When they are not, he will call a spade a spade, and that is EXACTLY what he did to Dirk Chatelain.

We also learned that the rest of the Nebraska media doesn't like Dirk Chatelain either. How do we know this? By the way they all clapped in approval of Bo to the way he BBQ'd Chatelain in front of his colleagues.

That was the most unreal press conference I have ever seen.

• Fire 1

We finally found a QB that makes our defense look good. If Miller didn't get hurt, we're all crying in our beer(s)...

this might be true, but our 'd' was turning it around. he got injured on a sack, after all.

No he did not. He got injured trying to cut up field.

Miller would have made it harder for us to come back, but the game turned when he was in there - when Lavonte took the ball right out of his hands.

Largest comeback in school history! :corndance

Our offense is getting better...it was not their fault we got down in a big hole. Tmart is making better decisions. :thumbs

Love the 3 back formations :wub: and TMart throwing to Rex. Enunwa and Bell are good WR's. So is Turner although his biggest role tonight was as decoy as OSU had to respect his speed on the misdirects and option plays.

I am sold for now on SJB at CB. :clap

David is the man on defense. :worship

Second week in a row we give up cheap points before the half...this is a killer! Manage the game better. :ahhhhhhhh

Our defense has a lot of holes. D-Line, LB's, secondary...take your pick. Tons of missed tackles. :throw I'll call out the D-Line...we are really slow upfront...both of their QB's had all day to throw...we have to find some creative ways to get in the opponent's backfield and have the speed to get tackles for loss. It looks like this will not happen from our DL personnel so we need to get David, Osborne, EMart, Fonzie, Stafford to get back there. We do this and suddenly our secondary will look better. IMO this defense has to be built on sacks, hitting the QB, tackles for loss, and CB's bumping WR's...we must have a physical defense and we have not shown it...how many times does the opponent hit our defense and still get like 3 extra yards? David is the only one can consistently stop the ball carrier or push him back.

Glad we have a bye as there is a lot to fix still. :hmmph

This game is meltdown hell for the loser. The fact we came back from so far down may mean that Fickell never recovers. To me he seems like a decent guy and looks like a tall Adam Sandler. But unless he surprises Wisconsin or Michigan this year, this may be the beginning of the end for him. :violin

P.S. :hookerhorns

1) SJB could be a really good corner in the future. Kind of reminds me of Fonzie.

2) Huge confidence builder for both the offense and defense. I think we start to see some more consistent defensive play. Problems still are there though.

3) Beck is getting better as a play caller - compare the first and second halves... night and day. I think the diamond formation play action really opened everything else up.

4) Lavonte David, Rex Burkhead - straight up winners. refuse to lose.

5) We got heart.

6) Cassidy has got to go...

7) Too many negatives to list in the 1st half of the game. If you want a lesson on how to be the worst possible team we can be, look at that half.

No mention of the QB???...

I learned that the next time I come home from college to watch a game that i will be watching it in the basement. I watched the first half and most of the third in our upstairs living room and was speechless! I jokingly told my dad that i give up and that i was gonna go downstairs and the very next play was Lavonte's strip. So, i will therefore accept all credit for this comeback and remember to watch all games in the man's den for the rest of my life!

Taht me and my 3 year old son bonded tonight. He did not want ot go to bed and I forced him to watch the 2nd half with me. we both had big man juices. Me Bud light. Him a sippy cup full of organic leamonade. We had the cooler in front of us with cup holders. My son even made my wife put on a red shirt. High fives and chants of go big red were going on. Then one time I yelled "C'mon Martinez!" I scared him. After he figured out I wasn't mad. That little man became a HUSKER TONIGHT. THAT IS WHAT I LEARNED. Because from that game I still have no idea what team they have. Except dysfunctional.

• Fire 2