Predict our last six games

Minnesota: Win -- We should roll here (6-1)

Michigan St: Loss -- Very good defense and will be difficult to contain Cousins (6-2)

Northwestern: Win -- If Dan Persa is healthy this will be a tough game (7-2)

Penn St: Win -- Always a challenge at Happy Valley, but PSU's offense is a dud this year (8-2)

Michigan: Loss -- Our defense won't be able to stop Michigan, and I don't think we can win in a shootout (8-3)

Iowa: Win -- Their offense isn't explosive, and we should be able to wear down their D (9-3)

Overall: 9-3

B1G: 5-3

Despite the amazing comeback last night, I'm still not sold on this team. We were a key injury away from this season being a complete failure. There are major issues on our defense and I'm not so sure there is a quick fix. If we can play like we played in the 2nd half yesterday, there's not a game on our schedule we can't win. But I don't know if we can do that. Bottom line: we beat a very, very mediocre Ohio St. team by 7 at home. We need to step it up the rest of the season if we want to meet our goals.

What do you guys think?

Right now I'm going with a loss against Michigan and possibly Northwestern if Persa is playing. That would put us 9-3 or 10-2. We need someone in the Legends to beat Michigan to help us get to the CCG. Both those teams will give our defense fits if we don't fix our problems. If Persa isn't playing I think we win that one.

Minnesota: Win - they would be .500 playing division III (6-1)

Mich State: Loss - As pesimistic as I am this year, I do think Bo COULD come up with something to keep NU in the game late with a chance (6-2)

Northwestern: Toss-up - If a qb is either a)mobile or b)accurate the D struggles. Northwestern has 2 qbs that are both. Fortunately Persa still isn't 100% (6-3 or 7-2)

Penn State: Win - they are basically a stronger Minnesota, still a joke (7-3 or 8-2)

Michigan: Toss-up - Denard will KILL the D, but I couls see Bo tricking him into a few key turnovers. Their defense is vastly over-rated. (7-4 to 9-2)

Iowa: Toss-up - Their offense is just good enough to put up some points and their secondary WILL come up with at least one pick if not 3. (7-5 to 10-2)

It all hinges on the toss-up games. 7-5 is possible, but unlikely; same can be said for 10-2. I think hope they'll go 2-1 in those games, which would put the final record at 9-3. Michigan will lose games this year, no doubt about it. It's gonna come down to rooting agains MSU every week if NU is to have a shot at playing Dec. 3.

Gun to my head, have to choose, I'd say Northwestern is a win, Michigan a loss (altho I still think Michigan will end up 8-4, they are not that good and once their bubble bursts they're gonna be hurting again), and Iowa a win.

10/22 @ Minnesota-----------Win

10/29 Michigan State-----Win

11/05 Northwestern-------Win (This will be a close game though in my opinion)

11/12 @ Penn State---------- Win (I'm worried about this game. Penn State is a tough environment to play in. This could go either way, but I say close win.)

11/19 @ Michigan-------------Loss (We have yet to show that we can stop mobile QB's.)

11/25 Iowa------------------Win (The Blackshirts play one of their best games of the year)

Regular Season record: 10-2

2 or 3 losses on the remaining schedule unless something gets fixed on the D in the next 2 weeks.....i can only assume Pelini will now look at things other than execution......i saw our guys out of position to make stops last night, and our front 4 looked slow coming off the ball, i don't know how you fix that...

I think the Michigan game will be a loss. I think it will be a shootout for a bit but after awhile I think Michigan will start to pull out. Northwestern honestly, I think they could win. But, I don't think their defense can keep up all game and I think we will win this one. I think I'm more worried about Michigan State than anyone else though. But I think the worse that could happen is losses to Michigan, Northwestern, Michigan State and Penn State. Best Case, Losses to Michigan. And Most likey losses to Michigan and Michigan State. I think we go 9-3.

If this year is similar to 2008, our defense will get better and better as we go along. By the end of 2008, we held Thunder and Lightning to what... 7 combined rushing yards? Yeah we had Suh, but the defense as a whole matured. I expect positions to be cemented and our defense to solidify.

Our offense was awesome last night. We put up 34 points on one of the best traditional defenses in the country. No kickoff returns, no interceptions returned to the 5 yard line, no 80 yard burst by Martinez. We drove, we scored, and that is extremely promising.

• Fire 2

tough to say.... I really dont see the defense not improving, and I think the O will progress as well. I could see as many as 4 losses and as few as 1 or maybe even none. I dont see a game on the schedule we cant win and other than MN i dont see one we couldnt lose either

I'm with you. I think the offense is finding their groove. Last night was a damn good start on how this offense should look from here on out this year. I know the defense will get better. How fast will they improve? I don't know. I will go out on a limb and say the only loss we have the rest of the year is Michigan. We will end up losing the division to them. Oh well though. This is a great building year. Lot's to learn and you can tell we are learning it.

Wow, some kool-aid drinkers here. I don't know what I'm missing that people think Michigan is better than MSU. Quarterbacks are equal, MSU has a better D and MUCH better RBs. Denard will torch NU, absolutely, but he is prone to mistakes - he throws those same out-of-nowhere-gawd-awful-passes as Taylor does from time to time, that NU can capitalize on. Outside of Robinson, Michigan has nothing.