Jared Crick's condition

He's fine. He went back into the game after the training staff pulled him out. From what I saw on that play, it just looked like one of our players came flying in as Crick was making the tackle and knocked his helmet off with their knee. I'm sure it hurt getting that facemask ripped across his face, but he will be fine...

He's fine. He's just not as good as everyone thinks he is. We are now realizing just how much he benefited from playing next to Suh.

I'm sick of hearing every broadcast announcer covering our game all over Crick's jock. They're always like, "one of the best DT's in the country" etc, etc. Just heaping praise on him. For what? He hasn't done a damn thing this year. He had one good season (next to one of the greatest DT's to ever play the game) and people think he's good.

If he was as good as advertised, he'd be taking up double teams and allowing the DT next to him to make plays. If he was really good, he would be taking up double teams and still making plays. But he's not good and neither of those scenarios are taking place.

You rarely hear his name called and I usually only notice him when he's whiffing on a sack or tackling the RB that squirted past him because he got blown off the ball.

Good call.

I hope people who were giving this kid so much flack about not playing up to expectations respect this kid for trying to play with a torn pec........We will miss ya Jared

In fairness, he only played with a torn pec for a few plays at the end of the OSU comeback.

He played with what we can all pretty well believe was a concussion for a couple of weeks, though.

He also played with the remainders of his Spring knee injury all season, which is probably the single biggest factor in his play this year.

He actually came back into the game after coming out the play before the int by SJB. With about 4:30 left in the game, he came out his stance favoring his left arm in obvious pain. No contact with anyone. Kinf of weird.

I hope people who were giving this kid so much flack about not playing up to expectations respect this kid for trying to play with a torn pec........We will miss ya Jared

In fairness, he only played with a torn pec for a few plays at the end of the OSU comeback.

He played with what we can all pretty well believe was a concussion for a couple of weeks, though.

He also played with the remainders of his Spring knee injury all season, which is probably the single biggest factor in his play this year.

He actually came back into the game after coming out the play before the int by SJB. With about 4:30 left in the game, he came out his stance favoring his left arm in obvious pain. No contact with anyone. Kinf of weird.

I think knapplc was mainly referring to how bleed4blackshirts made it seem like Crick had been playing with this for awhile, when he hadn't.

I didn't notice him do anything with his arm when he left the game. All I saw a pretty nasty cut on his lip. I'll have to rewatch that later.

I think knapplc was mainly referring to how bleed4blackshirts made it seem like Crick had been playing with this for awhile, when he hadn't.

I didn't notice him do anything with his arm when he left the game. All I saw a pretty nasty cut on his lip. I'll have to rewatch that later.

I saw him reach for his pec in the 4th. I thought it might be a shoulder injury or a stinger, but the announcers never acknowledged the injury so I figured it was nothing...Rome should be able to step in...he has the same type of motor as Crick and is 10 lbs heavier. He is going to be a beast for us going forward.

The insurance isn't going to pay a dime as this shouldn't be a career-ender. Even if he drops from a 1st rounder to a 6th rounder, it won't pay. To collect, he would have to be too disabled to play. McGahee was insured when he tore up his knee in his last college game, and didn't play the next year, but didn't collect.

Tough break for Crick. When someone compared him favorably with Suh a couple years ago, that was a disservice to him as he should've just been judged on his own merits, which is pretty darned good. Stats often don't tell the story on interior linemen. Taking up blockers and space and just discouraging runs up the middle don't show up in stats. We're going to notice the loss now. Even if others step up, we've lost the depth.

The insurance isn't going to pay a dime as this shouldn't be a career-ender. Even if he drops from a 1st rounder to a 6th rounder, it won't pay. To collect, he would have to be too disabled to play. McGahee was insured when he tore up his knee in his last college game, and didn't play the next year, but didn't collect.

Tough break for Crick. When someone compared him favorably with Suh a couple years ago, that was a disservice to him as he should've just been judged on his own merits, which is pretty darned good. Stats often don't tell the story on interior linemen. Taking up blockers and space and just discouraging runs up the middle don't show up in stats. We're going to notice the loss now. Even if others step up, we've lost the depth.

I think Crick won't take too big a hit in the draft, especially if it comes out he was playing hurt for a while this year as some folks have alluded to.

He may go third or fourth round, at worst, I would think, if he can get healthy before the combines. Suh or no Suh, he did a ******g awesome job, and I'm going to miss having him on our D-Line.

On a side note, this makes me all the more supportive for proposed six-to-play-five rules (since many degrees take more than four years in College nowadays). That, or perhaps a revision to a medical redshirt where it's a game-for-a-game match--you miss eight games (being positive here...) and apply for a one-time medical redshirt, you get eight back the following year?