Jared Crick's condition

He's fine. He went back into the game after the training staff pulled him out. From what I saw on that play, it just looked like one of our players came flying in as Crick was making the tackle and knocked his helmet off with their knee. I'm sure it hurt getting that facemask ripped across his face, but he will be fine...

He's fine. He's just not as good as everyone thinks he is. We are now realizing just how much he benefited from playing next to Suh.

I'm sick of hearing every broadcast announcer covering our game all over Crick's jock. They're always like, "one of the best DT's in the country" etc, etc. Just heaping praise on him. For what? He hasn't done a damn thing this year. He had one good season (next to one of the greatest DT's to ever play the game) and people think he's good.

If he was as good as advertised, he'd be taking up double teams and allowing the DT next to him to make plays. If he was really good, he would be taking up double teams and still making plays. But he's not good and neither of those scenarios are taking place.

You rarely hear his name called and I usually only notice him when he's whiffing on a sack or tackling the RB that squirted past him because he got blown off the ball.

There were whispers of another injury unrelated to his head. Don't know if that's true or not, but Jared has certainly been the biggest WTF? player on the defense for me. He's had flashes of disruptive greatness but none of that elite DT play-to-play kind. I don't just don't know. Someone who does know should enlighten us. I'd be damn interested.

I heard he was unconscious for half the game last night. That's how good he is. He can play that well unconscious, I can't wait til' he wakes up. On a serious note, I hope the kid is doing okay. He is 100% born and raised Husker, and that means more to me than anything. The dude plays his butt off regardless.

• Fire 1
I heard he was unconscious for half the game last night. That's how good he is. He can play that well unconscious, I can't wait til' he wakes up. On a serious note, I hope the kid is doing okay. He is 100% born and raised Husker, and that means more to me than anything. The dude plays his butt off regardless.

Yes he does. His play has mostly been pretty good this season for what he is asked to do. But at times last night he was literally taking on triple teams without giving ground, I think he's fine.

He's fine. He's just not as good as everyone thinks he is. We are now realizing just how much he benefited from playing next to Suh.

I'm sick of hearing every broadcast announcer covering our game all over Crick's jock. They're always like, "one of the best DT's in the country" etc, etc. Just heaping praise on him. For what? He hasn't done a damn thing this year. He had one good season (next to one of the greatest DT's to ever play the game) and people think he's good.

If he was as good as advertised, he'd be taking up double teams and allowing the DT next to him to make plays. If he was really good, he would be taking up double teams and still making plays. But he's not good and neither of those scenarios are taking place.

You rarely hear his name called and I usually only notice him when he's whiffing on a sack or tackling the RB that squirted past him because he got blown off the ball.

Jared Crick's Sophomore Year

73 tackles

15 tackles for loss

9.5 sacks

Jared Crick's Junior Year (WITHOUT Suh)

70 tackles

17 tackles for loss

9.5 sacks

Ndamukong Suh's Sophomore Year

34 tackles

6 tackles for loss

1 sack

Ndamukong Suh's Junior Year (Compare it to Crick's junior year, yeah?)

76 tackles

19 tackles for loss

7.5 sacks

What was that you were saying?

• Fire 2

73 tackles

15 tackles for loss

9.5 sacks

70 tackles

17 tackles for loss

9.5 sacks

34 tackles

6 tackles for loss

1 sack

76 tackles

19 tackles for loss

7.5 sacks

Are you trying to say he is playing Suh-like football right now?

He won't even be all conference let alone all-american.

If we torture the stats long enough they will tell us anything we want.

73 tackles

15 tackles for loss

9.5 sacks

70 tackles

17 tackles for loss

9.5 sacks

34 tackles

6 tackles for loss

1 sack

76 tackles

19 tackles for loss

7.5 sacks

i would be interested in seeing their senior season comparison through 6 games if they are readily available.

73 tackles

15 tackles for loss

9.5 sacks

70 tackles

17 tackles for loss

9.5 sacks

34 tackles

6 tackles for loss

1 sack

76 tackles

19 tackles for loss

7.5 sacks

Are you trying to say he is playing Suh-like football right now?

He won't even be all conference let alone all-american.

If we torture the stats long enough they will tell us anything we want.

This.

Who cares about the stats. Do you notice Crick at all when you watch games? He's irrelevant. He's supposed to be a leader on the d-line this year and he's playing like garbage. Let me ask why you conveniently neglected to put his stats from this year up? Because they're horrible? You ignore the stats that counter your point and use the ones that serve your interest. That's great logic.

2011 (yes he missed one game due to concussion but that doesn't really skew the stats)

Total tackles: 19

Solo tackles: 6

Assisted tackles: 13

Sacks: 1

Tackles for loss: 2.5

As was stated previously, those aren't all-conference stats let alone all-american stats. I'm holding him to a high standard because according to people like you, he should be.

Hey guys, just because he isn't Ndamukong Suh doesn't mean he isn't good. Just so we are clear, no one has ever been Ndamukong Suh.

He is struggling, but he is better than nearly every other DT in the country right now because none of them are Suh-like either.

For Christ's sake, Suh was a top 5 vote getter for the Heisman trophy. As a Defensive Tackle. He is the greatest college DT of all time. Please stop comparing Crick to him. It isn't fair to Crick and it is extremely disrespectful to Suh.

• Fire 2