Jared Crick's condition

He's fine. He's just not as good as everyone thinks he is. We are now realizing just how much he benefited from playing next to Suh.

I'm sick of hearing every broadcast announcer covering our game all over Crick's jock. They're always like, "one of the best DT's in the country" etc, etc. Just heaping praise on him. For what? He hasn't done a damn thing this year. He had one good season (next to one of the greatest DT's to ever play the game) and people think he's good.

If he was as good as advertised, he'd be taking up double teams and allowing the DT next to him to make plays. If he was really good, he would be taking up double teams and still making plays. But he's not good and neither of those scenarios are taking place.

You rarely hear his name called and I usually only notice him when he's whiffing on a sack or tackling the RB that squirted past him because he got blown off the ball.

Here's all that kid did: He goes to class, he's respectful to the media, he's respectful to the public and he's a good kid.

Well then come after me. I'm a man! I'm 40!!

He's fine. He's just not as good as everyone thinks he is. We are now realizing just how much he benefited from playing next to Suh.

I'm sick of hearing every broadcast announcer covering our game all over Crick's jock. They're always like, "one of the best DT's in the country" etc, etc. Just heaping praise on him. For what? He hasn't done a damn thing this year. He had one good season (next to one of the greatest DT's to ever play the game) and people think he's good.

If he was as good as advertised, he'd be taking up double teams and allowing the DT next to him to make plays. If he was really good, he would be taking up double teams and still making plays. But he's not good and neither of those scenarios are taking place.

You rarely hear his name called and I usually only notice him when he's whiffing on a sack or tackling the RB that squirted past him because he got blown off the ball.

Wait.... 70 total tackles....17 tackles for loss and 9.5 sacks isn't a good season?

That's what he had last year......when he was not along Suh.

If you are going to bash a player and try to make a point, how bout you make one that can be backed up with stats?

Something has clearly been off this year but your statement is ridiculous.

Here's all that kid did: He goes to class, he's respectful to the media, he's respectful to the public and he's a good kid.

Well then come after me. I'm a man! I'm 40!!

If you want to crown him, then crown his ass! He is who you thought he was... and you let him off the hook!

(Wait... wrong coach's rant.)

I don't know why most of you seam surprised that Crick is struggling and especially in the first two B1G games. I tried to tell you all that both he and Steinkuhler would struggle in the B1G because they are both undersized DT's. They were perfectly sized for big12 style offenses, but now can't get off blocks or fight through double teams and are basically getting pounded on.

Some of you may think they're underachieving, but I just think they're struggling with the physicallity of this league.

I don't know why most of you seam surprised that Crick is struggling and especially in the first two B1G games. I tried to tell you all that both he and Steinkuhler would struggle in the B1G because they are both undersized DT's. They were perfectly sized for big12 style offenses, but now can't get off blocks or fight through double teams and are basically getting pounded on.

Some of you may think they're underachieving, but I just think they're struggling with the physicallity of this league.

I would agree with that. Also it is very hard to hold Crick to any reasonable standard of play. He was so over-hyped that we expect Suh type results. When it doesn't happen (hasn't yet and probably won't) we are more disappointed than we should be. I think he is doing a pretty good job, just no where near what we expected or experienced with Suh. He for sure isn't the biggest problem this D has. I have my doubts that the 2 gap system will pay many dividends in the B1G.

Best fans in college football lets throw our players under a bus.

Crick is doing ok maybe not health wise but OK. TM will not be a Jim Kelly or a Terry Bradshaw in passing skills department, but he is our QB and Crick is our DT the best we got.

The best fans should be supporting them not lining them up for the next passing bus.

Crick is fine, he's not producing stats like last year, but he also doesn't have defensive ends doing much besides blowing contain or a secondary that's been good enough to cause coverage sacks. When you can double-team him all game and not worry about anyone else winning a 1v1 battle on the line its gonna be rough on the stat sheet.

• Fire 1

To be fair, Crick has been getting double-teamed all the time, not to mention he gets held on almost every play.

It's almost comical how much he gets held and the degree in which he gets held. His shoulder pads are ridiculously contorted after most plays. Bo needs to politely tell the refs to keep an eye on it pregame, then not mention it again.

Bruised shoulder to the extent that he can't raise an arm by the end of a game... and still frequently being double teamed. And who knows if there's any leftover concussion effects (which the docs would have kept him out if there were signs).

Playing far better than can be expected of any player in that position.

To be fair, Crick has been getting double-teamed all the time, not to mention he gets held on almost every play.

It's almost comical how much he gets held and the degree in which he gets held. His shoulder pads are ridiculously contorted after most plays. Bo needs to politely tell the refs to keep an eye on it pregame, then not mention it again.

You got that right. Every game I watch a parade of plays where he is pushing past a OL, but that dude has some sort of modified arm-bar on crick in an attempt to slow him down. I have seen him break through at times and on a number he has whiffed on the tackle but that was probably because his brain got flooded with "I'm finally free....QB must die...too much speed....sh#t....damn." Of course I have been spoiled in years past where it seemed like we had 2 or 3 showing up in the backfield at nearly the same time.