Jared Crick's condition

That totally sucks for this defense and especially for Mr. Crick. There is no questioning that he gave it everything he had and always left it all out on the field and represented the Huskers with class and dignity. He will be sorely missed and I'll be praying for his complete recovery. We have not seen the last of him- he will be playing on Sundays.

I think he got this injury late in Saturday's game. He clearly got a dinger against Washington, which is why he sat out against Wyoming, and he was injured (knee) in the Spring.

He's been banged up for pretty much all of 2011. Terrible way to end a college career. Here's hoping for better luck in the NFL.

Crick just missed the eligibility for a medical redshirt. To be eligible for a medical redshirt, one must appear in less than 30% of the team's competition, with none of said games coming after the midway point of the season. Crick played in 5 games this season, so if we were to make it to the conference championship game this year, we will have played in 14 games. That puts him at ~35%.

Bummer for Crick. Hopefully somebody else steps up....time for all the depth we've been hearing about to come through for us.

hopefully 94 can get full range of motion back in his chest....i actually tore my pec 2 1/2 months ago, and im finally able to lift random crap around the house again without shooting pain....the doctors told me that without surgery its a 12 month deal and it may never be 100%...with surgery 7.5-9 months.....Crick will miss out on the combine also.....too bad for a great home grown HUSKER