Jared Crick's condition

Had a chance to sleep on this. I don't know Jared and have never met the guy, but this still just makes me ill. Hard to say why I feel so bad for the guy, but I'm really upset by this.

Bugger.

If you're like me, it is upsetting because he was a good role model on and off the field. He's the type of guy that makes us proud that he represents the program and the state. Sure, I'll miss him on the field, but his loss to the team is secondary to seeing a fine, young man (who's done everything the right way) suffer a setback. For me, that is what blows....

I hope people who were giving this kid so much flack about not playing up to expectations respect this kid for trying to play with a torn pec........We will miss ya Jared

In fairness, he only played with a torn pec for a few plays at the end of the OSU comeback.

He played with what we can all pretty well believe was a concussion for a couple of weeks, though.

He also played with the remainders of his Spring knee injury all season, which is probably the single biggest factor in his play this year.

He actually came back into the game after coming out the play before the int by SJB. With about 4:30 left in the game, he came out his stance favoring his left arm in obvious pain. No contact with anyone. Kinf of weird.

I think knapplc was mainly referring to how bleed4blackshirts made it seem like Crick had been playing with this for awhile, when he hadn't.

I didn't notice him do anything with his arm when he left the game. All I saw a pretty nasty cut on his lip. I'll have to rewatch that later.

He played one more play after his helmet flew off and was helped off the field. Watch the the play with 4:30 left in the 4th quarter.

^^^^^^^^^ has jay guy not beein pulling his weight or something?

I believe Jay Guy is having some sort of weight problems. He looked good at spring ball but came into fall camp over weight.

This. ANd to top it off there are still conditioning issuses with Jay. This should be the biggest wake up call this kid will see here at NU. Knowing if he had came in this summer in a LOT better shape he would probably be seeing some time on the field. He has te size and strength to play, but it needs to kick in right about now upstairs.

Bo Pelini has announced that Jared Crick is out for the season with a torn pectoral.

Crick out for season

Huge blow to the Husker defense.

Bo Pelini released a statement on Wednesday afternoon saying senior defensive tackle Jared Crick is out for the remainder of the season with a torn pectoral muscle.

I saw this on WOWT.Com today. It's so sad. It's the one thing I hate about football. Just curious: If he wanted to, could Jared apply for an extra year of play due to this injury?

Bo Pelini has announced that Jared Crick is out for the season with a torn pectoral.
Crick out for season Huge blow to the Husker defense. Bo Pelini released a statement on Wednesday afternoon saying senior defensive tackle Jared Crick is out for the remainder of the season with a torn pectoral muscle.
I saw this on WOWT.Com today. It's so sad. It's the one thing I hate about football. Just curious: If he wanted to, could Jared apply for an extra year of play due to this injury?

The season is too far along for that to be a reasonable option. I don't know if the NCAA has a cut off (like you can't go past X amount of games and still get a medical redshirt) or not, but I've never heard of a player being on the active roster for half the season and then earning a medical redshirt.

Even when it falls within the guidelines, a medical redshirt is tough to get. But here's the part that would exclude Crick:

( c ) the injury or illness must occur when the student-athlete has not participated in more than two contests/dates of competition or 20% of the institution’s scheduled contests/dates of competition in his/her sport (whichever number is greater.)