Occupy Wall Street

Huh? Explain how I have violated the terms of use. Please.

I don't think I mentioned the terms of use.

So why are you threatening me?

Because your schtick is wearing thin. With many people.

I was unaware that I could be banned for disagreeing with people. Tell you what...I will voluntarily stop posting here.

I was unaware that I could be banned for disagreeing with people. Tell you what...I will voluntarily stop posting here.

Toodles. Don't forget about me. :(

And for the record, MSNBC (or whomever the left-wing jackdaw is) is full of derp, too.

I will take Rachel Maddow as being more truthful and accurate than the rest of the mainstream news presenters.

I would tend to agree that she is generally more factually accurate than someone like Sean Hannity but she certainly leans a certain way with her coverage. She enjoys attacking conservatives and is almost defensive when forced to cover a liberal issue in a negative light.

So how is Hannity not as factual as Maddow? Where has he misled his viewers with information? Any examples? :dunno

http://mediamatters....ch/200812170007

Here is a fairly comprehensive list from 2008. Yes, it's from Media Matters. Every single blurb is supported by sources and videos. Check it out.

Also, I would agree with knapplc that it is simply sad that someone likes Hannity.

And the great thing about this country is you are allowed to have that right. Just like I am allowed think it is simply sad that someone likes Bernie Sanders or BO or Rachel Maddow or Debbie Wasserman Schultz!! chuckleshuffle

I think the dif is..and what they are saying or agree w/ is that the people you listed have a certain ideology or agenda that many won't agree w/, but they don't make it a regular practice to lie or try to mislead...and simply be a ranting blowhard. I know you still won't agree w/ this...even if you are shown lies from Hannity that outnumber anyone you listed by 10-1.

So, if someone likes a liar, that is bad? You like President Obama? Nancy Pelosi? George Bush? Eric Holder? All three are/were liars. In Obama's case, he lied to get elected. In Pelosi's case, she lies to get rich. In Bush's case, he lied to get troops committed to Iraq. In Holder's case, he can't tell the truth.

Always w/ the absolutes. Never worked in the past, but I understand you have to try something. :)

Although he certainly doesn’t need me to defend him, I firmly believe If Yossarian stops posting voluntarily or is coerced into stopping, I submit the discussion boards will be the loser because of it. Most of the posters on this political site seem to veer left and the few conservatives on here are generally shouted down. Certainly no one learns anything by only surrounding themselves by yes-men. (For instance, I almost NEVER agree with Sub Husker, but find him to be intelligent and thorough in his arguments). It makes me re-think my positions. (Of course, I still believe he is mostly 180 degrees wrong….) :D

I’m trying to offer an objective analysis here, but certainly one of the purposes of this board ought to be the vigorous airing of differing viewpoints. Both sides are passionate about what they believe and so some directness is going to happen. I am confused about the statement that many are getting tired of Yos’s “schtick”. Was a vote taken? I would submit a number are also tired of the over-used and supposedly clever “derp”. Are we threatening to ban those that continually annoy with that sophomoric invective?

I am really surprised that this board has seemingly regressed into an egalitarian “club”, where only the like-minded are encouraged to debate. For what it’s worth, I witnessed plenty of that for years on the Pedia board, where the moderator resembled a puffed-up version of Barney Fife and banned or threatened everyone who dared challenge him. Surely, this is a more adult forum for discussion. I have read the rules posted and find it hard to believe the conservative members are the sole instigators of “name calling”.

I would argue we need MORE discussion and rigorous debate. Driving articulate posters off because we don’t agree with their passion or stance is so counter-productive. Just my two cents.

Although he certainly doesn’t need me to defend him, I firmly believe If Yossarian stops posting voluntarily or is coerced into stopping, I submit the discussion boards will be the loser because of it. Most of the posters on this political site seem to veer left and the few conservatives on here are generally shouted down. Certainly no one learns anything by only surrounding themselves by yes-men. (For instance, I almost NEVER agree with Sub Husker, but find him to be intelligent and thorough in his arguments). It makes me re-think my positions. (Of course, I still believe he is mostly 180 degrees wrong….) :D

I’m trying to offer an objective analysis here, but certainly one of the purposes of this board ought to be the vigorous airing of differing viewpoints. Both sides are passionate about what they believe and so some directness is going to happen. I am confused about the statement that many are getting tired of Yos’s “schtick”. Was a vote taken? I would submit a number are also tired of the over-used and supposedly clever “derp”. Are we threatening to ban those that continually annoy with that sophomoric invective?

I am really surprised that this board has seemingly regressed into an egalitarian “club”, where only the like-minded are encouraged to debate. For what it’s worth, I witnessed plenty of that for years on the Pedia board, where the moderator resembled a puffed-up version of Barney Fife and banned or threatened everyone who dared challenge him. Surely, this is a more adult forum for discussion. I have read the rules posted and find it hard to believe the conservative members are the sole instigators of “name calling”.

I would argue we need MORE discussion and rigorous debate. Driving articulate posters off because we don’t agree with their passion or stance is so counter-productive. Just my two cents.

So just because he's represents a different side than most on the board he should be allowed to act anyway he wants? The forum should conform to him instead him conforming the forum? His "side" can be represented on here...even by him..in a way that isn't virtually always in a wise ass, trolling, destructive way. It's virtually always a game w/ Yos where no honest/objective discussion is even attempted or wanted. The proof is in his postings that we call have or can see. It's why I eventually banned him from HP. His type of posting would fit in well on a Hannity or Coulter forum, but not much anywhere else. It's just not worth it to have him around IF that's how he's going to act. At times he's a good poster, but it's very few and far between.

and "no one" wants someone that is constantly going to toe the line..waggling his toe over it...then hiding behind technicalities of the "rules" when called out. A good forum should be about respectful discussion that's productive. Sure it may get away from that from time to time, but it should be the exception w/ people and not the norm.

Some may not be aware that I'm the Barney Fife type mod from HP you're talking about...and if that is your thoughts of how I moderated...or think I'm the one being unreasonable then or now in this reply than you are part of the problem and not the solution.

• Fire 1

I also let this type of behavior go for a lot longer than most mods/forums would. W/ numerous warnings, suspensions, etc. Maybe some of the pedia people are used to that and expect it here, but it shouldn't be expected because I very well should have cracked down on it earlier. HB people were find w/out us HP guys...they didn't ask for us to come, so we should treat the place like guests. At least until we have earned our keep/stay/respect.

BTW - Conservatives like Jackson, Tulsa, You, Redout virtually NEVER had a complaint w/ how I moderated...and could almost always have a respectful and productive discussion. So it's not just one side or people wanting to drive out/muffle another side.

FTR - I'm not one that had complained about Yos to mods. However I'm not surprised "many" have voiced this dislike. AND you don't need to have a poll to have "many" voice this...you just need an inbox.

So just because he's represents a different side than most on the board he should be allowed to act anyway he wants? The forum should conform to him instead him conforming the forum? His "side" can be represented on here...even by him..in a way that isn't virtually always in a wise ass, trolling, destructive way. It's virtually always a game w/ Yos where no honest/objective discussion is even attempted or wanted. The proof is in his postings that we call have or can see. It's why I eventually banned him from HP. His type of posting would fit in well on a Hannity or Coulter forum, but not much anywhere else. It's just not worth it to have him around IF that's how he's going to act. At times he's a good poster, but it's very few and far between.

and "no one" wants someone that is constantly going to toe the line..waggling his toe over it...then hiding behind technicalities of the "rules" when called out. A good forum should be about respectful discussion that's productive. Sure it may get away from that from time to time, but it should be the exception w/ people and not the norm.

Some may not be aware that I'm the Barney Fife type mod from HP you're talking about...and if that is your thoughts of how I moderated...or think I'm the one being unreasonable then or now in this reply than you are part of the problem and not the solution.

Well first of all, I categorically reject your assertion that he is a wise ass troll......................he just articulates a philosophy that is unacceptable to your world view (might we say that you find intolerant..........no we can't because that label is reserved for conservatives). I enjoy that fact that you can't intimidate him and he often responds in a manner that makes a mockery out of your specious arguments.

Also, I was careful to NOT name anyone specifically as Barney...........but you sure jumped into his trousers pretty rapidly......................but if that's how you see yourself......................well.................??

To the rest of your point........................and in your typical arrogant certitude....................."if I think you are being unreasonable..................then I'm part of the problem". Wow. Just Wow. Basically stating that if anyone would dare accuse YOU (you're assumption, by the way) of being unreasonable..................then they are part of the problem.

Maybe you should read that line again and see if it doesn't encapsulate what a lot of folks had a problem with.................

Well first of all, I categorically reject your assertion that he is a wise ass troll......................he just articulates a philosophy that is unacceptable to your world view (might we say that you find intolerant..........no we can't because that label is reserved for conservatives). I enjoy that fact that you can't intimidate him and he often responds in a manner that makes a mockery out of your specious arguments.

Tulsa articulates the same philosophy but there is never any problem w/ him is there? Yes Yos did a great mockery in our last/only run in here...where I said he can show me the articles he was talking about so we could proceed or not show them and we could stop. He chose to stop. As I stated before Yos can be a productive and respectful poster when he wants to or at times as he has in this thread early on, but it's not often enough...which obviously is why the mod brought it up.

Also, I was careful to NOT name anyone specifically as Barney...........but you sure jumped into his trousers pretty rapidly......................but if that's how you see yourself......................well.................??

I was the head mod and only mod that ever suspended people during his/your time on HP. I'll I did by saying you were talking about me was let a little sunlight in to HB people. It has nothing to do w/ how I see myself. Your reply is quickly imploding...

To the rest of your point........................and in your typical arrogant certitude....................."if I think you are being unreasonable..................then I'm part of the problem". Wow. Just Wow. Basically stating that if anyone would dare accuse YOU (you're assumption, by the way) of being unreasonable..................then they are part of the problem.

Maybe you should read that line again and see if it doesn't encapsulate what a lot of folks had a problem with.................

It's like intro at the Improv where Craig Gass comes on to tell the audience to have fun...laugh..etc but there is to be no talking and gabbing it up during the show. Then he says something like...I know some of you are probably saying..."well he doesn't sound fun..." ya, because you were the ones that were going to be talking it up during the show...I don't give a xxxx.

Well first of all, I categorically reject your assertion that he is a wise ass

I don't. I'm not going to go so far as to call him a troll (if I thought he was trolling, I would have just banned him, not warned him), but his "wise ass" schtick in Every. Single. Thread. is driving people away from this forum.

Tulsa articulates the same philosophy but there is never any problem w/ him is there? Yes Yos did a great mockery in our last/only run in here...where I said he can show me the articles he was talking about so we could proceed or not show them and we could stop. He choose to stop. As I stated before Yos can be a productive and respectful poster when he wants to or at times as he has in this thread early on, but it's not often enough...which obviously is why the mod brought it up.

I was the head mod and only mod that ever suspended people during his/your time on HP. I'll I did by saying you were talking about me was let a little sunlight in to HB people. It has nothing to do w/ how I see myself. Your reply is quickly imploding...

It's like intro at the Improv where Craig Gass comes on to tell the audience to have fun...laugh..etc but there is to be no talking and gabbing it up during the show. Then he says something like...I know some of you are probably saying..."well he doesn't sound fun..." ya, because you were the ones that were going to be talking it up during the show...I don't give a xxxx.

Well, I guess I'm just missing that analogy.............

But your intermediary post that appeared between our jousting.................about us respecting this board and not dragging past history over here..........I totally concur...................(and for the record.........you and I did have a long, but mostly respectful dialogue over many issues in the past); in fact I'd venture to say this exchange is as sharp as any that ever occurred. So out of respect for our new environment, I'm glad to again take you on as a worthy (but mostly incorrect) foil.............

And for the record, MSNBC (or whomever the left-wing jackdaw is) is full of derp, too.

I will take Rachel Maddow as being more truthful and accurate than the rest of the mainstream news presenters.

I would tend to agree that she is generally more factually accurate than someone like Sean Hannity but she certainly leans a certain way with her coverage. She enjoys attacking conservatives and is almost defensive when forced to cover a liberal issue in a negative light.

So how is Hannity not as factual as Maddow? Where has he misled his viewers with information? Any examples? :dunno

http://mediamatters....ch/200812170007

Here is a fairly comprehensive list from 2008. Yes, it's from Media Matters. Every single blurb is supported by sources and videos. Check it out.

Also, I would agree with knapplc that it is simply sad that someone likes Hannity.

And the great thing about this country is you are allowed to have that right. Just like I am allowed think it is simply sad that someone likes Bernie Sanders or BO or Rachel Maddow or Debbie Wasserman Schultz!! chuckleshuffle

I would say that I enjoy watching 1 of those 4 and would vote for 1 of them vs. the current alternatives.

So you are basically a left leaning Dem or a socialist. And you enjoy Rachel Maddow that explains alot!! Sad really!! :hmmph

Well first of all, I categorically reject your assertion that he is a wise ass

I don't. I'm not going to go so far as to call him a troll (if I thought he was trolling, I would have just banned him, not warned him), but his "wise ass" schtick in Every. Single. Thread. is driving people away from this forum.

I see quite a difference in how he is treated because he is a conservative. If you use that as a prerequisite to being able to use the term wise ass schtick I could name three or four people on here that have the wise ass schtick going on. But they have been here a while so I don't know if there are different rules for years of service or if there are different rules for lib thinking vs. Con thinking? :wacko:

This was one of my first posts here...

Everyone like refugees when they seek assylum in someone else's country.

Over the past two years HP and HM had developed distinctly different personalities.

After HM won the lawsuit and is about to take (retake) the HP site, there was an influx of HMers to HP (basically a raiding party) who pretty much trashed the place by trolling.

The HP regulars did not take kindly to that, and some have already migrated here, and more are likely to follow.

The key thing for the HPers to rember is that this is not New HP, this is HuskerBoard.

The HP that existed before the split no longer exists, and neither does the HP that formed afterward.