Buckeyes reviews of Neb.

^^

bingo

Ever since we got those gIgantic freaking jumbotrons which I like for many reasons, our band, crowd , and general feel of fan interaction and spontaneous outbreaks of support and unity of crowd...it's mostly gone.

But when the team rises up and gives the crowd a reason the get nuts, memorial can still get nuts.

Anyone know how old that photo of the horseshoe is? It looks very recent. While I do enjoy the replays on the big screens, there's something nice about having nothing to watch but the action on the field.

The first post nailed the post game radio. I'd love to listen to it, but there are honestly - no joke - more commercials than quality content. It is a joke, and a shame, because I know a lot of people that would like to listen but get fed up after 10 minutes and turn it off.

Oh yeah, it's terrrrrible. And they're all soybean drops. I know that we're an ag state, but... yeesh. Might as well have some overall and manure spreader commercials in there, too. And it's: "We're here with Coach Bo Pelini, and for a winning team with tradition like the Huskers, Cargil Soybean and Corn. Tractors implements and irrigation. Hay bailer. Combine auger front loader backhoe windrow. Back after these messages from Conagra." I often shut it off-- especially when he's trying to sound serious and somber and keeps dropping ads for pig feed and chicken rapers.

As much as I find the commercials and constant name-dropping annoying, as someone who's worked in the radio biz for the past several years, I can understand why they have to do it. Operating a radio station is ridiculously expensive.

This post has been brought to you by Sirius/XM. :LOLtartar

The first post nailed the post game radio. I'd love to listen to it, but there are honestly - no joke - more commercials than quality content. It is a joke, and a shame, because I know a lot of people that would like to listen but get fed up after 10 minutes and turn it off.

agreed...first poster is right in too many ways

agreed...first poster is right in too many ways

Bolshevik

As much as I find the commercials and constant name-dropping annoying, as someone who's worked in the radio biz for the past several years, I can understand why they have to do it. Operating a radio station is ridiculously expensive.

Advertising, especially in these times, is kinda tough to sell.

Hey, they got the band part right. Our band is absolutely awful.

Wow. You know nothing about music if you think our band is awful. Just because they aren't as flashy as the other B1G bands, it doesn't make them bad. Musically, we have one of the best bands in the country.

Clearly you were in the band so I think I need to clarify. Musically you might be very good. But as far as providing football pageantry... Volume, marching, pumping up the crowd and general flashiness and excitement.... there is just not much there. Flag corps is never is sync. The pregame stuff is mediocre, but has tradition going for it at least. But at the last 2 Big12 champ games Texas and OU's bands just made ours look silly. And feel free to ignore my opinion.

Not Sunheat Heaters!? They can heat up to 1000 sq. ft. of area and can save you hundreds on your energy bill! They employ many employees in Grand Island, which means we keep that money in the state!

Sigh..

It annoys me to no end when they seamlessly switch from talking about the offense to how warm they stay in their booth...

Wow. You know nothing about music if you think our band is awful. Just because they aren't as flashy as the other B1G bands, it doesn't make them bad. Musically, we have one of the best bands in the country.

Clearly you were in the band so I think I need to clarify. Musically you might be very good. But as far as providing football pageantry... Volume, marching, pumping up the crowd and general flashiness and excitement.... there is just not much there. Flag corps is never is sync. The pregame stuff is mediocre, but has tradition going for it at least. But at the last 2 Big12 champ games Texas and OU's bands just made ours look silly. And feel free to ignore my opinion.

You really think OU's band outdid us? Yes, I'm sure them playing Boomer Sooner after every single play was quite impressive to everyone.

I'll agree with you on one thing: the color guard is never in sync. I don't know what it is with them.

You really think OU's band outdid us? Yes, I'm sure them playing Boomer Sooner after every single play was quite impressive to everyone.

I'll agree with you on one thing: the color guard is never in sync. I don't know what it is with them.

ummm...who cares? I came to watch a football game, not the band.

Seems to be a pretty common theme with visitors who get tickets in the north end zone, and people who god forbid have regular tickets up there, that it is a giant mess. Really wish that with all the renovations they could find a way to build ramps directly up there.

As a regular denizen of the upper reaches of the north end zone, I definitely agree with this. They should have put ramps up to this stretch of the stadium, but I'm not sure where they'd base them - the dock is right below the NW corner and the track is on the NE corner. In fact, they had to remove some of the track seating to make space for the east stadium expansion.

Add me in as another person agreeing with the post-game radio advertisement haters. I get that they are a business, and that the bulk of their budget comes from those ads during football season, but it jumped the shark at least a decade ago with these ads. WAAAAY too many of them.

Here's a thread from BuckeyePlanet, my "second home" in the Big Ten message boards, talking about Husker fan treatment of Buckeye fans.

From everything I've read from Buckeye fans, not only will they make the trip back when they return, but they're going to bring friends with them. That kind of positive advertising is invaluable to the local economy. Both Lincoln and Omaha got a tourism boost this weekend from all the Ohio State fans.

Does anyone think Madison will get a similar boost next time we play at Camp Randall? I highly doubt it. It's kindergarten-simple: Treat others the way you want to be treated. That's really all Husker fans do.

ummm...who cares? I came to watch a football game, not the band.

As someone who was a band geek in college: I agree with you.

The fight songs, stands tunes, etc. are great, but how many people honestly care about the marching band's pregame/halftime shows?

^ With regard to the second link, frankly, I'm surprised to discover that anyone outside eastern Nebraska knows that Creighton exists.

Really? Pretty much every college basketball fan knows of Creighton.

They just don't know where Creighton is at. Hell, when I was at Epley there were some layover people there that didn't even know where Omaha was.

The comments on the press tiff is an example why it's bad business to get into a public tiff with the press. That's a negative impression that is being carried back to state of Ohio. A place where we need to recruit. They won't know all the sides of the story. They just know the brief bit that they heard.

I agree there are a lot of commercials on the radio, but it's better than during the Swain days. THAT was awful.

Really those are pretty good reviews of the Husker gameday experience—especially coming from tOSU fans. The Horseshoe is one of the greatest venues in CFB. Along with the Big House and Beaver Stadium (Penn St). So it’s fairly impressive that we get decent reviews from other B1G fans used to seeing football in some of the best CFB atmospheres in the nation. Not that it matters what they think…