SIGNED CB Mohammed Seisay

ADS

Not much here, but I did post "Please go to Nebraska! You'd probably start right away!" on his facebook fan page (thinking by some weird odds it could convince him to commit to Nebraska haha) and one of his family members, Ish Seisay, liked my comment. No one else's comments have been liked on his page. Not saying it's much, but hey, it's something haha!

Not much here, but I did post "Please go to Nebraska! You'd probably start right away!" on his facebook fan page (thinking by some weird odds it could convince him to commit to Nebraska haha) and one of his family members, Ish Seisay, liked my comment. No one else's comments have been liked on his page. Not saying it's much, but hey, it's something haha!

:facepalm:

It's the effort that counts guy.

Sorry to sound like a compliance officer, but you should probably delete your comment. It's an NCAA violation to contact potential recruits via social media (Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, etc). You can follow potential recruits, but you cannot contact them in any way, shape or form. Read this informative Q&A from OU's website as an example:

Due to the increasing popularity of social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter), the OU Athletics Department has created this page as a quick reference for Sooner fans.

Please remember that only coaches and Athletics Department staff members may be involved in the recruiting process. All boosters are prohibited from contacting prospects or members of a prospect's family by any means for the purpose of encouraging the prospect's participation in the University of Oklahoma's athletics program.

May I post messages on a prospective student-athlete's Facebook page or similar site and try to convince him/her to attend OU?

No, you may not. An athletics representative may not e-mail or post messages on the webpage or website of any prospective student-athlete.

May I create an online group dedicated to convincing or encouraging a prospect that we want them to attend OU if the group members do not directly contact the prospect?

The NCAA would consider this as recruiting activity by boosters, so this would not be permissible.

What if I do not urge a prospect to come to OU, may I contact them just to tell them about all the great things OU has to offer?

No. Once again, this is another form of recruiting.

Who is defined as a prospect?

Any individual that has begun classes for the ninth grade. This includes any individual who is currently enrolled in and/or attending courses at a junior college.

Please remember that individuals other than Oklahoma coaches should not be contacting prospects, directly or indirectly, in any manner or using any form of communication in an effort to persuade them to attend OU.

LINK

Sorry to sound like a compliance officer, but you should probably delete your comment. It's an NCAA violation to contact potential recruits via social media (Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, etc). You can follow potential recruits, but you cannot contact them in any way, shape or form. Read this informative Q&A from OU's website as an example:

Due to the increasing popularity of social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter), the OU Athletics Department has created this page as a quick reference for Sooner fans.

Please remember that only coaches and Athletics Department staff members may be involved in the recruiting process. All boosters are prohibited from contacting prospects or members of a prospect's family by any means for the purpose of encouraging the prospect's participation in the University of Oklahoma's athletics program.

May I post messages on a prospective student-athlete's Facebook page or similar site and try to convince him/her to attend OU?

No, you may not. An athletics representative may not e-mail or post messages on the webpage or website of any prospective student-athlete.

May I create an online group dedicated to convincing or encouraging a prospect that we want them to attend OU if the group members do not directly contact the prospect?

The NCAA would consider this as recruiting activity by boosters, so this would not be permissible.

What if I do not urge a prospect to come to OU, may I contact them just to tell them about all the great things OU has to offer?

Any individual that has begun classes for the ninth grade. This includes any individual who is currently enrolled in and/or attending courses at a junior college.

Please remember that individuals other than Oklahoma coaches should not be contacting prospects, directly or indirectly, in any manner or using any form of communication in an effort to persuade them to attend OU.

LINK

I will delete it then. I did not know this. This just shows you how ridiculous the NCAA is tough, a fan can't say "I wish you'd go to my school" online, but can in person, but meanwhile the NCAA does absolutely nothing when Cam Newton's "dad" receives 200k from an Auburn booster. What BS.

LINK

I will delete it then. I did not know this. This just shows you how ridiculous the NCAA is tough, a fan can't say "I wish you'd go to my school" online, but can in person, but meanwhile the NCAA does absolutely nothing when Cam Newton's "dad" receives 200k from an Auburn booster. What BS.

I hear ya. Just wanted to raise awareness of the issue.

LINK

What if you are not a booster, just a fan?

LINK

Same rules apply.

Im not too worried about it as long as its only a secondary violation. Im not sure why we arent giving recruits jerseys with their names on them like Arkansas. Its a slap on the wrist compared to being able to pull in big time recruits.

LINK

Same rules apply.

I don't see how they can enforce it. Seems awfully silly to me. People reach out to recruits all the time and say, "Hey, come to my school." It's called being a fan.

How is it any different than if he is on his recruiting visit during one of our games and you walk by him and holler, "Hey man, I've heard about you. Come to Nebraska!"?

Not raggin' on you or anything, I'm just saying it's a dumb rule that they could never enforce.

Im not too worried about it as long as its only a secondary violation. Im not sure why we arent giving recruits jerseys with their names on them like Arkansas. Its a slap on the wrist compared to being able to pull in big time recruits.

Because we're Nebraska. And we're not in the $EC. We don't play like that...

Because we're Nebraska. And we're not in the $EC. We don't play like that...

Ya, but times, they are a changin.

LINK

Same rules apply.

I don't see how they can enforce it. Seems awfully silly to me. People reach out to recruits all the time and say, "Hey, come to my school." It's called being a fan.

How is it any different than if he is on his recruiting visit during one of our games and you walk by him and holler, "Hey man, I've heard about you. Come to Nebraska!"?

Not raggin' on you or anything, I'm just saying it's a dumb rule that they could never enforce.

If the NCAA asks just say you were a friend of his before he was being recruited and you'll be off the hook :LOLtartar

LINK

Same rules apply.

Tough to enforce on a recruiting trip, unless the NCAA had cameras to catch people saying things. Online, its easy to enforce. It's typed right there for the NCAA to see. You'd like to think the NCAA has better things to do, but we all know that may not be the case.

Here is the thing. A fan or a rival school (Say Bama) can contact the Auburn recruit, posing as an Auburn fan to try to get the school in trouble.

This is not a real rule. Freedom of Speech kind of carries more weight then the NCAA "rules"

Since when do the NCAA rules carry any weight? They might if the NCAA actually chose to enforce them.