corncraze

Player: Marcus Rios

Hometown: Elk Grove, California

School: Cosumnes Oaks

Position: CB

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 170

40 time:

Scholarships: Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kansas State, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Purdue, Wisconsin

****Soft verbal to Boise State, but is "opening his recruiting back up"

Just recently offered by Nebraska, and now may visit Nebraska Nov. 5 vs Northwestern

Rivals: :star :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star

247: :star :star :star :star

Question for the recruiting gurus: With all these new CB offers going out... what does this say about our coaches confidence in the chance at snagging Beaver?

Part of it shows the staff knows it won't be a cake walk getting Beaver out off the west coast. Another part of it(and probably the bigger concern) is the coaches have realized a position that at the beginning wasn't thought of being a position of need, now is. There is a need for help in the back seven of the defense. Go throw out a large net and see what prospects you can pull in, I like the thought.

Question for the recruiting gurus: With all these new CB offers going out... what does this say about our coaches confidence in the chance at snagging Beaver?

Part of it shows the staff knows it won't be a cake walk getting Beaver out off the west coast. Another part of it(and probably the bigger concern) is the coaches have realized a position that at the beginning wasn't thought of being a position of need, now is. There is a need for help in the back seven of the defense. Go throw out a large net and see what prospects you can pull in, I like the thought.

This is smart by the staff. The secondary needs at least one of these guys, assuming CJ gets his scores up. If they can get more than one it would really help shore up the nickle and dime spots, IMO. The staff needs to do anything they can to get as many as they can.

Agreed 100% Paul. We should try and take 3 CB's in this class, with one of them being a JUCO.

Agreed 100% Paul. We should try and take 3 CB's in this class, with one of them being a JUCO.

Sorry, a bit off topic, but am I to understand the final addition to you most wanted list is a high as a kite smilie face? He wouldn't be a good addition to our team if he's trippin balls all the time, Speed.

• Fire 1

Sorry, a bit off topic, but am I to understand the final addition to you most wanted list is a high as a kite smilie face? He wouldn't be a good addition to our team if he's trippin balls all the time, Speed.

:laughpound It's my smug smiley. I don't know why, but his face just cracks me up.

• 3 weeks later...
Recruiting: Former Boise State CB commit pursuing Nebraska

BY SAM MCKEWON | 9:51 AM, THURSDAY, NOV. 3 | POSTED IN BIG RED TODAY

Credit the ol’ Interwebs for attracting Marcus Rios to Nebraska’s football program. The six-foot, 170-pound cornerback prospect from Elk Grove, Calif., liked what he saw of NU on his computer and reached out to the Huskers for a potential official visit.

Rios, who decommitted from Boise State when his twin sister, Martina, was not offered a track scholarship, will now take that visit Nov. 25 for Nebraska’s game with Iowa.

“I saw (Nebraska) on television a couple times and my dad and I were having fun, went on the internet and looked them up and I really started to like them,” Rios told Huskers Illustrated, The World-Herald’s recruiting partner. “I thought I should give the coaches a call and let them know I have a lot of interest.”

NU defensive backs coach Corey Raymond flew out to Elk Grove for a meet-and-greet during the Huskers’ bye week. It went well. Now Nebraska is among Rios’ favorites along with UCLA — where he took a visit in September — and Arizona State, where he visits Nov. 18.

Just 17, Rios will graduate in December and enroll at a school in January; that would be attractive to Nebraska, which will be looking for extra corners once Alfonzo Dennard graduates after this year. His strength, he said, is press coverage; his Consumes Oaks High School coach, Ryan Gomes, agreed.

“He’s an electric and explosive kid,” Gomes said. “He’s a prototypical corner, great speed, great hands, good closing speed and competes.”