Anybody play with/against a Husker in high school?

I played with the kelsays and quint hogrefe... its funny of the three Chris turned out the best, but was probably the the lesser of the 3 in HS. quint was CLEARLY the best in HS but never broke through.... if he would have gone there a few years later he would have played more. I played against matt davison in basketball and baseball from 3rd grade on.

Youre from Auburn huh?

surrounding town, but went to JR high and HS there

Played against Chad Buller from Henderson (now Heartland Community) Also went against the youngest Kelsay (Chris I think) in Bball. I was on JV, he obviously on Varsity. They were just walking into the gym as we were warming up. Chris, in loafers, his winter coat and gym bag over his shoulder, took a two hand reverse alley oop dunk from one of their JV kids. My jaw hit the floor.

One of my classmates brother played against Frost his senior year of HS. TO and Turner Gill were in town to recruit. My buddies brother had his fifteen minutes when he ran Scott out of bounds. After the game, he said it was like trying to tackle the wall...

that was Chris..... chad couldnt dunk. Chris had dunks in Jr high games

In 8th grade, I played against Wilson Thomas in basketball. He went to McMillan Jr High and I went to Morton Jr High. He was 6"3 and could dunk as an 8th grader. We played at his home school and the gym was packed with McMillan students. That's worth mentioning because Jr. High games do not usually draw crowds like that.

Played against Wes Cody from Fremont Bergan. He sacked me at least once... That's all I know of... Played basketball with a lot of the basketball players in 1999 at the rec center, but that really doesn't count for much other than I was the only white boy to play with them and Cookie Belcher called me white chocolate. On a related note, that's what my wife calls me too chuckleshuffle

Played against Jay Moore, Mike Huff, Andy Kadavy, Sam Koch and probably some more. Ben Zajicek was a Senior when I was a freshman in high school at Beatrice.

Was Koch on the Seward team that won state in 2001? If so, I played him when they came out here and thumped us.

Not a husker but somewhat related. I have couple of friends that played against Danny Woodhead. I didn't get to play against him as I went to a smaller school about 10 miles away. That was probably fortunate.

I played Danny in basketball in high school. I believe I even blocked a shot of his! :P

Where are you from GSG?

Gering

Ah ok, from Bluffs now I thought I had read somewhere you from from this area anyway....sorry for the thread jack. :backtotopic

Middle Panhandle Clowns is what you two are. NORTHERN Panhandle 4 Life!!!!!

No notable Skers on my list. But as a frosh in high school as a returner John Howell from Mullen knocked me all retro stupid on a kickoff. He went to start for Colorado St. and then was John Lynch's backup at Tampa Bay for a while. Also played against Joel Jacobs from Mullen, who went to UNK but ended up on the Chiefs team for a year or two.

And then in college I laid out Marc Boerichter(sp?) from Hastings in a blatent cheap shot. He played for the Chiefs and is in the NFL record book for longest TD reception of 99 yards.

Played with (although mainly special teams until my Sr year).

Todd Brown, Scott Strasburger, Andy Means, Randy Florell. (For you youngsters, the 1st 3 were multi year starters).

Played against Kris Van Norman..Sorta remember breaking a wedge on a kickoff only to miss him by a mile..

I played OLB/DE and had the QB when we played against the Wishbone..(Gothenburg) who happened to have their biggest kid play QB..(Jay Novacek) who left cleatmarks all over my back twice..then he played for Wyoming..and played in a few Pro Bowls as a TE..Not sure where he played professionally..CowGirls or Cardinal somethings??

I even thought about walking on at UNL as a MLB until I saw Dave Rimmington..

Henery Waechter stepped on me at P.O.Pears once.

Played against Jay Moore, Mike Huff, Andy Kadavy, Sam Koch and probably some more. Ben Zajicek was a Senior when I was a freshman in high school at Beatrice.

Was Koch on the Seward team that won state in 2001? If so, I played him when they came out here and thumped us.

Not a husker but somewhat related. I have couple of friends that played against Danny Woodhead. I didn't get to play against him as I went to a smaller school about 10 miles away. That was probably fortunate.

I played Danny in basketball in high school. I believe I even blocked a shot of his! :P

Where are you from GSG?

Gering

Ah ok, from Bluffs now I thought I had read somewhere you from from this area anyway....sorry for the thread jack. :backtotopic

No notable Skers on my list. But as a frosh in high school as a returner John Howell from Mullen knocked me all retro stupid on a kickoff. He went to start for Colorado St. and then was John Lynch's backup at Tampa Bay for a while. Also played against Joel Jacobs from Mullen, who went to UNK but ended up on the Chiefs team for a year or two.

And then in college I laid out Marc Boerichter(sp?) from Hastings in a blatent cheap shot. He played for the Chiefs and is in the NFL record book for longest TD reception of 99 yards.

Mullen was always tough when I was in high school. They were in our confrence along with Ansley and it made it fun to play these guys every year.

Mullen was always tough when I was in high school. They were in our confrence along with Ansley and it made it fun to play these guys every year.

Mullen was the only team to beat me as a starting QB. They always had 4 or 5 Simonson boys it seemed, and about 8 road graders on the line. They straight up were like an 80's/90s Husker team. Ran about 5 different plays, threw it three times a game(for big gains) and were tough as hell on defense. Played with Derek Bailey and Jared Van Zandt from Ansley in the 8-Man All Star Game. Where you from?

I'm pretty sure Koch was a senior at Seward in 2000. I remember Luebbe and Kadavy though. Those guys were pretty darn good.