Anybody play with/against a Husker in high school?

I played with the kelsays and quint hogrefe... its funny of the three Chris turned out the best, but was probably the the lesser of the 3 in HS. quint was CLEARLY the best in HS but never broke through.... if he would have gone there a few years later he would have played more. I played against matt davison in basketball and baseball from 3rd grade on.

Youre from Auburn huh?

surrounding town, but went to JR high and HS there

Im from Falls City so ive heard a lot of stories of the Kelsay brothers...

strange, also from falls city here.

Middle Panhandle Clowns is what you two are. NORTHERN Panhandle 4 Life!!!!!

No notable Skers on my list. But as a frosh in high school as a returner John Howell from Mullen knocked me all retro stupid on a kickoff. He went to start for Colorado St. and then was John Lynch's backup at Tampa Bay for a while. Also played against Joel Jacobs from Mullen, who went to UNK but ended up on the Chiefs team for a year or two.

And then in college I laid out Marc Boerichter(sp?) from Hastings in a blatent cheap shot. He played for the Chiefs and is in the NFL record book for longest TD reception of 99 yards.

Mullen was always tough when I was in high school. They were in our confrence along with Ansley and it made it fun to play these guys every year.

Mullen was the only team to beat me as a starting QB. They always had 4 or 5 Simonson boys it seemed, and about 8 road graders on the line. They straight up were like an 80's/90s Husker team. Ran about 5 different plays, threw it three times a game(for big gains) and were tough as hell on defense. Played with Derek Bailey and Jared Van Zandt from Ansley in the 8-Man All Star Game. Where you from?

Went to school at Anselmo-Merna, Home of the Coyotes

I played high school ball in Iowa so I played with/against some Iowa/ISU guys. I played against Jordan Bernstein(sp.) and James Smith (the dude who got tossed in the ISU '09 game) went to my high school.

As far as former Huskers, I tossed the pigskin around with Eric Crouch once. I think that's about it.

I Played with John Turek he was a junior and I was a freshman. in the Winter during Christmas break they need someone to scrimmage so I a 160lb 6'0 freshman was guarding a 6'11'' all state junior. Not very fun!!

Sheesh you were scrawny. When I was 6 foot I was probably 250lb wasn't really fat but I was a bigger kid, granted I was probably a junior by that time.

I played high school ball in Iowa so I played with/against some Iowa/ISU guys. I played against Jordan Bernstein(sp.) and James Smith (the dude who got tossed in the ISU '09 game) went to my high school.

As far as former Huskers, I tossed the pigskin around with Eric Crouch once. I think that's about it.

Your a TJ grad huh. I went to AL. I knew James smith through other friends.

I Played with John Turek he was a junior and I was a freshman. in the Winter during Christmas break they need someone to scrimmage so I a 160lb 6'0 freshman was guarding a 6'11'' all state junior. Not very fun!!

Sheesh you were scrawny. When I was 6 foot I was probably 250lb wasn't really fat but I was a bigger kid, granted I was probably a junior by that time.

Yeah I was a scrawny kid I graduated high school 6'2" 185. I tried to gain weight so bad stupid high school metabolic rate. Now I Am 6'3" 235

Don't remember specifically playing against them because they're all a year under me and I didn't really pay attention to who was on another team, but I played teams with Mike Caputo (Millard North, hardest hitting team we ever played and either class A state champs or runner up don't remember), Austin Cassidy (Southeast), Baker Steinkuler (Southwest), and anybody from Lincoln public schools, Norfolk, North Platte, Grand Island, or Bellevue West that graduated last year.

Jim Ebke was my QB for my senior year and I remember getting him at least one TD but mostly just trying not to get him killed. And I played midget and HS football with Sam Meginnis.

Played against Tyler Wortman and Todd Peterson.

Have a buddy from GICC that swears Peterson was a baby and cried or something during one game.

My little brother played bball agianst Peterson his senior year. That kid was on a different level athlete-wise for C-1

Me too, or pretty close.

Mid 90's... with Russ Hochstein, against: Dave Volk, Todd Uhlir, Matt Hoskinson, Bill LaFleur, and Scott Frost..probably missing 1 or 2 there.

Ceder Catholic seems like they still put together some damn good teams. Never played against them, but it seems like I always see them get mentioned in Huskerland Prep.

To the guys from Pierce: how's Shelton doing? My coworker got a text from coach Brahmer about it while he and I were calling a game up in Wynot, and later I heard somebody mention that he had a head injury, but that was the last I heard.

Me too, or pretty close.

Mid 90's... with Russ Hochstein, against: Dave Volk, Todd Uhlir, Matt Hoskinson, Bill LaFleur, and Scott Frost..probably missing 1 or 2 there.

Ceder Catholic seems like they still put together some damn good teams. Never played against them, but it seems like I always see them get mentioned in Huskerland Prep.

To the guys from Pierce: how's Shelton doing? My coworker got a text from coach Brahmer about it while he and I were calling a game up in Wynot, and later I heard somebody mention that he had a head injury, but that was the last I heard.

He'll be coming home next Thursday, and that's really good news, because when they life-flighted him, they didn't know if he'd live through the night. It's tough to hear about those kinds of injuries, especially because Shelton is such a good kid.

Played against Jay Moore, Mike Huff, Andy Kadavy, Sam Koch and probably some more. Ben Zajicek was a Senior when I was a freshman in high school at Beatrice.

Was Koch on the Seward team that won state in 2001? If so, I played him when they came out here and thumped us.

Not a husker but somewhat related. I have couple of friends that played against Danny Woodhead. I didn't get to play against him as I went to a smaller school about 10 miles away. That was probably fortunate.

I played Danny in basketball in high school. I believe I even blocked a shot of his! :P

Where are you from GSG?

Gering

Ah ok, from Bluffs now I thought I had read somewhere you from from this area anyway....sorry for the thread jack. :backtotopic

Middle Panhandle Clowns is what you two are. NORTHERN Panhandle 4 Life!!!!!

You stay outta this!! :lol: