Anybody play with/against a Husker in high school?

Played against Jay Moore, Mike Huff, Andy Kadavy, Sam Koch and probably some more. Ben Zajicek was a Senior when I was a freshman in high school at Beatrice.

Was Koch on the Seward team that won state in 2001? If so, I played him when they came out here and thumped us.

Not a husker but somewhat related. I have couple of friends that played against Danny Woodhead. I didn't get to play against him as I went to a smaller school about 10 miles away. That was probably fortunate.

I played Danny in basketball in high school. I believe I even blocked a shot of his! :P

I'm pretty sure Koch was a senior at Seward in 2000. I remember Luebbe and Kadavy though. Those guys were pretty darn good.

Luebbe was a beast. They called his name A LOT against us. :)

Me too, or pretty close.

Mid 90's... with Russ Hochstein, against: Dave Volk, Todd Uhlir, Matt Hoskinson, Bill LaFleur, and Scott Frost..probably missing 1 or 2 there.

Ceder Catholic seems like they still put together some damn good teams. Never played against them, but it seems like I always see them get mentioned in Huskerland Prep.

To the guys from Pierce: how's Shelton doing? My coworker got a text from coach Brahmer about it while he and I were calling a game up in Wynot, and later I heard somebody mention that he had a head injury, but that was the last I heard.

He'll be coming home next Thursday, and that's really good news, because when they life-flighted him, they didn't know if he'd live through the night. It's tough to hear about those kinds of injuries, especially because Shelton is such a good kid.

Definitely good to hear. Injuries like that are scary, because you never know what kind of long-term effects it could have. Sounds like it's something he'll be able to fully recover from though.

Played with (although mainly special teams until my Sr year).

Todd Brown, Scott Strasburger, Andy Means, Randy Florell. (For you youngsters, the 1st 3 were multi year starters).

Played against Kris Van Norman..Sorta remember breaking a wedge on a kickoff only to miss him by a mile..

I played OLB/DE and had the QB when we played against the Wishbone..(Gothenburg) who happened to have their biggest kid play QB..(Jay Novacek) who left cleatmarks all over my back twice..then he played for Wyoming..and played in a few Pro Bowls as a TE..Not sure where he played professionally..CowGirls or Cardinal somethings??

I even thought about walking on at UNL as a MLB until I saw Dave Rimmington..

Henery Waechter stepped on me at P.O.Pears once.

Did Scott Strasburger play for Holdrege as a Freshman, or did you? Trying to figure out how you could have played with Means, Florell and Strasburger. Maybe all the freshman back then played with the high school.

I played with the kelsays and quint hogrefe... its funny of the three Chris turned out the best, but was probably the the lesser of the 3 in HS. quint was CLEARLY the best in HS but never broke through.... if he would have gone there a few years later he would have played more. I played against matt davison in basketball and baseball from 3rd grade on.

Youre from Auburn huh?

surrounding town, but went to JR high and HS there

Im from Falls City so ive heard a lot of stories of the Kelsay brothers...

strange, also from falls city here.

I wont hold that against either of you ;) my mom actually worked at FC jr high

I played a pick up football game against Lawrence Phillips in 2005.

I LOL'D

i actually have his rookie playing card for the rams. i was hoping to go out to lancaster on visiting days (no, not conjugal visit day) and see if he would sign it! also, on a related note, i read that he got into a dispute with some of the mexican mafia and got stabbed.

Brandon Koch at Gothenburg.

Wrestled against him in high school one time. We all go weigh in and Koch steps on the scale at 274, not an once of fat on him(atleast from what I remember), I weigh in at 50 lbs under the 275. I get him first round(of course), I made it like 90 seconds in the first period before he decided he had enough fun and threw a head lock to pin me.

My brother played against Frost in high school. Osborne showed up at that particular game and I think somewhere on here I told the story of me running around with a football and basically hip checking Osborne.