Anybody play with/against a Husker in high school?

Played against Jay Moore, Mike Huff, Andy Kadavy, Sam Koch and probably some more. Ben Zajicek was a Senior when I was a freshman in high school at Beatrice.

Was Koch on the Seward team that won state in 2001? If so, I played him when they came out here and thumped us.

Not a husker but somewhat related. I have couple of friends that played against Danny Woodhead. I didn't get to play against him as I went to a smaller school about 10 miles away. That was probably fortunate.

I played Danny in basketball in high school. I believe I even blocked a shot of his! :P

Where are you from GSG?

Gering

Ah ok, from Bluffs now I thought I had read somewhere you from from this area anyway....sorry for the thread jack. :backtotopic

I'm from Gering too! Bulldogs baby!!

I drank beers with Zach Weigert when we were 16 or 17.

I remember watching the Polish Rifle shoot baskets at the ScoBlu YMCA.

Middle Panhandle Clowns is what you two are. NORTHERN Panhandle 4 Life!!!!!

You stay outta this!! :lol:

I will not. Just trying to set you Terrytown lovin clowns straight!! :lol: But honestly who doesn't love Terrytown.

Played with and coached Luebbe when he went to Doane. The guy had killer track speed, but when the pads were on(he was still fast as hell) it was almost like a deceptive speed.

Due to being from VA, didn't play against any Huskers. but....

Larry Asante's brother was in a college class with me. I had a husker shirt on and he was wearing a NU hat. obviously sparked conversation and he told me his bro was on the team.

Also,

Not a husker, but someone we know well this year :hmmph . Played against Russell Wilson in high school baseball when we were both seniors. He was 0-3 and we won.....makes me feel somewhat better about what he did to us... :confucius

Played a pick up basketball game with Kenny Bell a little over a year ago. I'm guarding some skinny kid with a fro. Seen him do a Vince Carter elbow dunk in warm ups. I mentioned to a guy I know 'that kid is f***ing athletic'. He says, 'yeah, he's from Fairview in Boulder. He's going to Nebraska on a football scholarship'. Thanks to Huskerboard, knew the name. Told him that I usually try to take out guys knees that I'm guarding (joke, obviously), but I'd make an exception for him since I'm a die hard Huskers fan and we need some speed at WR.

He laughed.

Played with (although mainly special teams until my Sr year).

Todd Brown, Scott Strasburger, Andy Means, Randy Florell. (For you youngsters, the 1st 3 were multi year starters).

Played against Kris Van Norman..Sorta remember breaking a wedge on a kickoff only to miss him by a mile..

I played OLB/DE and had the QB when we played against the Wishbone..(Gothenburg) who happened to have their biggest kid play QB..(Jay Novacek) who left cleatmarks all over my back twice..then he played for Wyoming..and played in a few Pro Bowls as a TE..Not sure where he played professionally..CowGirls or Cardinal somethings??

I even thought about walking on at UNL as a MLB until I saw Dave Rimmington..

Henery Waechter stepped on me at P.O.Pears once.

Did Scott Strasburger play for Holdrege as a Freshman, or did you? Trying to figure out how you could have played with Means, Florell and Strasburger. Maybe all the freshman back then played with the high school.

Dang! You're right..I was thinking Randy and Andy were '77 HHS grads..(They graduated in '76 and were not raggedy dolls).

I remember having to walk from the old Jr. High to the highschool practice field as a 9th grader..or sometimes getting a ride from a farm kid who was on our team..Usually, we practiced next to the Varsity where the new Middle school? is now ...Somehow I distinctly rember scrimmaging against them..probably after being punnished by my freshman coach for goofing off on the sidelines or not paying enough attention.

My long forgotten freshman coach was wasting my awesome pass catching abilities by having me play 3rd string Offensive Guard.

Scotty was probably good enough to play varsity as a Freshman and I think it might have been tossed around by the coaches, But I don't remember it ever happening..But he was our starting Halfback? as a Soph..

His younger brother Matt walked on (UNL) in "82? I think, but had really bad knees and had to retire early.

Played against Jay Moore, Mike Huff, Andy Kadavy, Sam Koch and probably some more. Ben Zajicek was a Senior when I was a freshman in high school at Beatrice.

Was Koch on the Seward team that won state in 2001? If so, I played him when they came out here and thumped us.

Not a husker but somewhat related. I have couple of friends that played against Danny Woodhead. I didn't get to play against him as I went to a smaller school about 10 miles away. That was probably fortunate.

I played Danny in basketball in high school. I believe I even blocked a shot of his! :P

Where are you from GSG?

Gering

Ah ok, from Bluffs now I thought I had read somewhere you from from this area anyway....sorry for the thread jack. :backtotopic

I'm from Gering too! Bulldogs baby!!

I drank beers with Zach Weigert when we were 16 or 17.

I remember watching the Polish Rifle shoot baskets at the ScoBlu YMCA.

I played hardball and basketball with the Polish Rifle's little brother and I also remember seeing the Polish Rifle dropping jump shot after jump shot in the Skoblo YMCA. And then the dumbass varsity coach at Skoblo High cost us a couple state championships by not letting the Polish Rifle play varsity ball as a frosh so he transferred to Rapid City and the rest is history.

I saw Calvin Jones at state track one year. He took up 2 lanes in the 100 meter dash.

I'm pretty sure Koch was a senior at Seward in 2000. I remember Luebbe and Kadavy though. Those guys were pretty darn good.

Luebbe was a beast. They called his name A LOT against us. :)

That Seward team was stacked. I wish they could get back to teams like that. Those guys also helped us absolutely run away with the 2002 state championship in track, too. PUN.

I played for Gretna and played against Trevor Robinson, Kevin Thomsen, Trevor Roach, and C.J. Zimmerer. I dropped Zimmerer for a 9 yard loss back in freshman football. As a 5'7 175 pound nose guard, that was a hell of an accomplishment. Everyone else thoroughly kicked my ass. Robinson's technique sucked, but Kevin Thomsen was an absolute hoss when Elkhorn lined him up at fullback. Try to grab a hold of his legs and wait for the cavalry to show up. Played with Dwight Jones who was a walk-on lineman in 09 & 10.

played with and went to school with Gerald Armstrong ,he playe TE in the early 90s same town Justin Blatchfords from, ponca ne, and my boss Jerod Higman played lb at the same time Gerald did at nebraska, all 3 are great people

Sounds like Ponca has a pretty good team against this year. They could've won last night with only two plays in their entire offensive playbook.