Next Week is HUGE!!!!!!!

T_O_Bull

I don't understand why you guys wouldn't want another shot at MSU. They played well, but they were lucky at the end, and in college football it's always hard to win a rematch. Given, you guys blew us out when you played us and I'm sure you think you could do it again, but Nebraska probably has more room to improve between now and December than Wisconsin or MSU, and we would have the "rematch" advantage against UW...

The Big10 is funny - there are some teams that you just don't like playing. MSU always struggles against Iowa - look at last year, but for Iowa we win the conference. Overall they weren't great, but they kicked the Spartans A**. I swear that Iowa could be in the midst of a raging cholera epidemic, coached by Luther Van Dam and still squash us like a bug.

This is beyond true...Wisconsin frequently gets tripped up at MSU and UW and Minn almost always play close regardless of the records. You can see this kind of thing throughout the conference.... I'm tired of playing the Spartans, losing to them 3 of the last 4 will do that. They spoiled yet another season.

Well, now, I know it stings tonight, but honestly, there's no guarantee you guys were going to the NCG even if you ran the table, and you've still got the conference championship and the Rose Bowl ahead of you. I wouldn't say your season is ruined exactly.

I don't understand why you guys wouldn't want another shot at MSU. They played well, but they were lucky at the end, and in college football it's always hard to win a rematch. Given, you guys blew us out when you played us and I'm sure you think you could do it again, but Nebraska probably has more room to improve between now and December than Wisconsin or MSU, and we would have the "rematch" advantage against UW...

The Big10 is funny - there are some teams that you just don't like playing. MSU always struggles against Iowa - look at last year, but for Iowa we win the conference. Overall they weren't great, but they kicked the Spartans A**. I swear that Iowa could be in the midst of a raging cholera epidemic, coached by Luther Van Dam and still squash us like a bug.

This is beyond true...Wisconsin frequently gets tripped up at MSU and UW and Minn almost always play close regardless of the records. You can see this kind of thing throughout the conference.... I'm tired of playing the Spartans, losing to them 3 of the last 4 will do that. They spoiled yet another season.

Well, now, I know it stings tonight, but honestly, there's no guarantee you guys were going to the NCG even if you ran the table, and you've still got the conference championship and the Rose Bowl ahead of you. I wouldn't say your season is ruined exactly.

This x1000. We needed help to get to the NCG.

It's spoiled in the sense that this is the best team we will have for a while simply because we don't do QB's, they don't come to UW, this one happened to fall in to our laps.

And I don't buy the "rematch" argument, Looking at Conference CG's in which rematches were played the overwhelming rule is that the winner of the first game wins the second...

SEC - Auburn played SC last year twice, beat them worse the second time around. 2003 UGA lost to LSU twice.

Big XII- 2007 Mizzou lost to OU twice. 2005 CU lost twice to Texas.

ACC- 2009 Clemson lost to GT twice.

I think rematches favor the losers in the NFL...maybe...but not in college.

Out of those, I will say that it's going to be if OU loses, Stanford and USC and if OU wins, OU and K-State...which is a shame cause NU-MSU is the best game next week should OU lose

Exactly, they shouldn't include USC because they can't play in the post season. In my mind that's the same as a team that's already lost 7 games.

It's spoiled in the sense that this is the best team we will have for a while simply because we don't do QB's, they don't come to UW, this one happened to fall in to our laps.

And I don't buy the "rematch" argument, Looking at Conference CG's in which rematches were played the overwhelming rule is that the winner of the first game wins the second...

SEC - Auburn played SC last year twice, beat them worse the second time around. 2003 UGA lost to LSU twice.

In 1999, Nebraska lost to Texas 24-20, then beat them 22-6 in the CCG.

In 2001, Colorado lost 41-7 to Texas, then beat them 39-37 in the CCG.

I don't remember what's happened in other conferences. Maybe the rematch rule only applies to Nebraska, since we also had that happen against Washington last year and against Oklahoma in 1978.

However, I still generally think that the rematch favors the team that lost the first game, unless the initial winning team is so overwhelming (2008 Oklahoma against Missouri, 2005 Texas against Colorado) that it's just a mismatch. I don't think that's the case between Wisconsin and Michigan State.

I don't remember what's happened in other conferences. Maybe the rematch rule only applies to Nebraska, since we also had that happen against Washington last year and against Oklahoma in 1978.

However, I still generally think that the rematch favors the team that lost the first game, unless the initial winning team is so overwhelming (2008 Oklahoma against Missouri, 2005 Texas against Colorado) that it's just a mismatch. I don't think that's the case between Wisconsin and Michigan State.

I was talking about this the other day standing in a trout stream in Colorado talking with a WSCY fan about CCG's.They are notorious heart brakers...osborne never wanted them..its hard to get up for a team you have already beaten. they are dangerous and the Big 12 had plenty of them that cost someone a chance at the National Championship game.KSU is one that comes to mind...NU lost in 01 but then all the teams ranked above them lost so we got in and got whooped...there were others ...

ten years from now, Big 10 fans are going to be talking about this phenomena...CCG do favor the loser 2nd time around.

the team that beat the team that destroyed us. why am i not very confident we can hang with sparty?

Suck it up commando! You gotta believe!

T_O_B

G>B>R

lol.....i will be cheering for the huskers to win. i will hope and pray that they win. but i certainly am not expecting a Big Red win. these huskers are still making to many mistakes to expect them to beat the good teams. while i believe that we have the talent, it seems that there is someone out of place on too many plays. if our execution of plays was better and our tackling crisper i would have a lot more confidence that we would win. till then i can only hope that we win against the better teams.

I was talking about this the other day standing in a trout stream in Colorado talking with a WSCY fan about CCG's.They are notorious heart brakers...osborne never wanted them..its hard to get up for a team you have already beaten. they are dangerous and the Big 12 had plenty of them that cost someone a chance at the National Championship game.KSU is one that comes to mind...NU lost in 01 but then all the teams ranked above them lost so we got in and got whooped...there were others ...

ten years from now, Big 10 fans are going to be talking about this phenomena...CCG do favor the loser 2nd time around.

Actually this couldn't be further from the truth, crunch the numbers, in the Big XII alone the first time winner was twice as more likely to win the CCG than the loser. Overall, across CFB factoring in every conference with a CG the first time winner wins the CG nearly 70% of the time. Which is why I want to play NU