Martinez comments fuel fire Saturday

True2tRA

Obviously I'm not stomping my feet and throwing a temper tantrum like a child. It's a message board. Things like this are posted all the time. Taylor did something stupid and unnecessary, which in turn made me even more frustrated with him. I have never been a big Martinez fan, so when he does something like this, yes, I get upset.

On a side note, it definitely shows maturity when you call out someone you don't even know and call them a 3 year old. Not to mention including a suitable picture to further your irrelevant point. Good one, bro.

Now my impression of you is so different. It went from the other picture to

black-suit-large.jpg

First impressions aren't always the right impressions. We've all learned something today.

Ugh... :facepalm:

Taylor speaks for 3 minutes on average during each press conference and he manages to sputter out this garbage. Jesus I am getting sick of this kid. He needs to know, as the leader of a football team, what things to say to the media, and what things to keep between his ears. I hate the fact that he can never put together a coherent sentence when he speaks to the media, and when he finally does, it's about how the opposition didn't actually play as well as everyone thinks. Carnes needs to improve ASAP.

Dude, I'm not trying to hate on you, and you are entitled to have and voice your opinion, but I laughed when you called TMART a kid...you're 20 (according to your profile) he's probably older than you!

It's just the way I talk. I call a lot of people my age or even people a couple years older than me "kid". It's just my dialect. A lot of people I know talk like that. What's the big deal? Would it really be any different if I had called him guy? Whether I say "kid" "guy" "man" "dude" "player" etc, I'm talking about the same thing....Taylor.

I'm not trying to hate on you, or anyone else for that matter, but I always laugh at people who use the nicknames like "TMART, TMAGIC, TSWIFT" etc. It's just annoying in my opinion, but again, that's just me.

For the record, his birthday is in May and mine is in March, so I'm a couple months older. :)

Just "for the record," Martinez's birthday is September 15, 1990 ;)

I dont post much, but i have been around this board for a year or two....im just curious if any other QB in the history of Husker football has been bashed in EVERY SINGLE thread that is posted?.......

It gets worse every year. We could have Dan Marino in his prime and we would have people complain about his lack of mobility.

Even TD Tommie wouldn't be good enough for the fans. Kind of a drag, huh? It's the day and age. It's an overall lack of patience. The "I need everything now" generation. I am part of the generation, but I can see how it has cursed the husker nation to a certain extent.

You will get the people that come into the thread and say "We can say what we want, its a forum... I can complain about Martinez all I want". That's true, but its strictly for YOUR entertainment purposes and the affirmation that you are football savvy and know what it takes to be a national champion coach, but it has no repercussion on your day to day life. The mountains of negativity DO carry some weight when it comes to the team you are such a "die hard" supporter of. We say "Well the athletes shouldn't waste their time reading our message board..." but it's obvious now that they do.

If there was a forum that publicly carried conversations about your work/school/sexual/parental performance, or whatever is dear to your heart, I will bet you all the money in my pocket that you would find yourself creeping in to take a look what's being said? Right? And you would hold a certain level of disdain for someone if they are repeatedly criticizing your performance, no matter what level of effort your provide or how good a job you are doing.

Some people need to get a grip and realize why Bo and the team struggle embrace the fans like we feel they should. I'm not saying that posts that talk negatively about certain aspects of the team should be banned... I am just saying that some people need to really think about what they are typing before they hit that "Post" button.

• Fire 1

You guys never listen to the context that question was asked and it is not even printed right. Watch the stupid conference, he was not calling out the defense in the comment, he said it was extremely hard for anyone to throw in the wind that day. The shock the world comment was also taken out of context, he said while laughing because it was a joking comment in sarcasm because it would not have been shocking the world. Please research more before you post you. Second if that is considered trash talk none of you have ever played meaningful football, there is no real trash talk anymore. We used to have players say way better stuff. If Michigan State needs some stupid comment to pump them up then so be it, bunch of dirty playing *&$(#&(*#. Please guys you need to listen to the whole conversation before you put some stupid analysis on here, it makes it look like you don't care. "There just another good defense" he means he thinks their good! Freaking turds

Ruined your post

I dont post much, but i have been around this board for a year or two....im just curious if any other QB in the history of Husker football has been bashed in EVERY SINGLE thread that is posted?.......

It gets worse every year. We could have Dan Marino in his prime and we would have people complain about his lack of mobility.

Even TD Tommie wouldn't be good enough for the fans. Kind of a drag, huh? It's the day and age. It's an overall lack of patience. The "I need everything now" generation. I am part of the generation, but I can see how it has cursed the husker nation to a certain extent.

You will get the people that come into the thread and say "We can say what we want, its a forum... I can complain about Martinez all I want". That's true, but its strictly for YOUR entertainment purposes and the affirmation that you are football savvy and know what it takes to be a national champion coach, but it has no repercussion on your day to day life. The mountains of negativity DO carry some weight when it comes to the team you are such a "die hard" supporter of. We say "Well the athletes shouldn't waste their time reading our message board..." but it's obvious now that they do.

If there was a forum that publicly carried conversations about your work/school/sexual/parental performance, or whatever is dear to your heart, I will bet you all the money in my pocket that you would find yourself creeping in to take a look what's being said? Right? And you would hold a certain level of disdain for someone if they are repeatedly criticizing your performance, no matter what level of effort your provide or how good a job you are doing.

Some people need to get a grip and realize why Bo and the team struggle embrace the fans like we feel they should. I'm not saying that posts that talk negatively about certain aspects of the team should be banned... I am just saying that some people need to really think about what they are typing before they hit that "Post" button.

I by no means like hearing people bash our players/coaches personally, but I also accept that people have the right to voice their opinion. Like I've been saying all along, it's the nature of being a high-profile athlete. You do something great and the fans will idolize you, then you do something not so great and the fans will hate you. If you're a player or coach reading all that negativity, you have three choices: let it get to you, ignore it and play for yourself and your team, or let it motivate you to prove them wrong.

I believe as a condition of being a quarterback he has to take the class "How to speak with people in the room 101" with Bo Pelini. I can't even watch his show anymore because he gets distracted by the videos and doesn't complete his sentences. Taylor has a true gift. The ability to answer a question with a totally random thought but at least he finishes it.

Taylor speaks for 3 minutes on average during each press conference and he manages to sputter out this garbage. Jesus I am getting sick of this kid. He needs to know, as the leader of a football team, what things to say to the media, and what things to keep between his ears. I hate the fact that he can never put together a coherent sentence when he speaks to the media, and when he finally does, it's about how the opposition didn't actually play as well as everyone thinks. Carnes needs to improve ASAP.

Oh yes, Carnes' cousin was a much finer speaker as a Sophomore... How do you know if Brion is any better in a press conference as starting QB?

• Fire 1

Oh yes, Carnes' cousin was a much finer speaker as a Sophomore... How do you know if Brion is any better in a press conference as starting QB?

We didn't have to hear Carne's cousin much. Unless you tuned into the radio or something. (Did they even have this much interaction w/ the media back then?) Now every word is at your fingertips. And Carne's cousin won a few games in his career, so you've gotta give him a pass. :P

This sort of stuff always cracks me up. If Michigan State needed Taylor to say something stupid to get up for a game that will likely decide the division, then there is something wrong.

There must be something wrong with our own team then, given their laughable "need" for bulletin board material.

Obviously I'm not stomping my feet and throwing a temper tantrum like a child. It's a message board. Things like this are posted all the time. Taylor did something stupid and unnecessary, which in turn made me even more frustrated with him. I have never been a big Martinez fan, so when he does something like this, yes, I get upset.

On a side note, it definitely shows maturity when you call out someone you don't even know and call them a 3 year old. Not to mention including a suitable picture to further your irrelevant point. Good one, bro.

black-suit-large.jpg

First impressions aren't always the right impressions. We've all learned something today.

What's that thing in his pocket.....

black-suit-large.jpg

What's that thing in his pocket.....

It's an artichoke.

We didn't have to hear Carne's cousin much. Unless you tuned into the radio or something. (Did they even have this much interaction w/ the media back then?) Now every word is at your fingertips. And Carne's cousin won a few games in his career, so you've gotta give him a pass. :P

This was of course before the age of the internet. I have been a listener to the pre and post radio shows on 1110 for the past 25 years. Frazier's interviews on the radio or even on ESPN (during build ups to the NC games etc). were just painful to listen to. It doesn't matter though, since he was an excellent player. I think Martinez is also going to win a few more games in his career, so we should ease up a little bit. Who knows it could be the same story where a future QB is getting bashed in a forum and the Martinez card is used in place of the Frazier card.