Does an 11-2 Michigan State or Nebraska team get a BCS at-large?

As some of you have said fan bases are a huge key to this and there is no doubt that NU has a massive fan base that would easily sell-out any venue. In recent years though MSU has done their fair share of selling the ticket alotment in bowl games so I have no doubt that if State were to get a BCS bid that our fan base would travel quite well, especially being that we have never participated in a BCS bowl since its inception.

I seriously doubt an 11-2 NU or MSU get a bcs bowl. Frankly I don't want one if we're 11-2. Anybody remember the time we got into that bowl against Miami that we shouldn't have been in? Yeah, that was fun. Only possible way, as stated above, might be a matchup with Oklahoma and only because our fans travel so well. It would be for monetary reasons and not because we we're the most worthy. If were in a bcs bowl, it better because we won the B1G and avenged our only loss against wiscy.

As everything stands right now, there isn't even a Big 10 team in the top 10 of the BCS. The obvious answer would be no. However, there's still nearly half the season to go. There's a couple of teams in the top 10 of the BCS that will not be there at the end like KState. I highly doubt we get in based on how things have gone in the past. Mizzou lost to OU twice a few years back and was left out of a BCS game. Michigan State stands a chance if they win out and lose a squeaker to Wisconsin considering they beat them once. Considering how far Wisconsin fell in the BCS, I don't know if they can get a BCS invite either if they lose in the Big 10 Championship game.

Yeah I agree with you guys guess we all become fans of any team playing Boise, such a joke that they get this special consideration every year with that joke of a schedule they play. I do believe they are a good football team but in a power conference are maybe a consistent 7 or 8 win team

Exactly.

It will make me puke if they get a BCS bowl due to beating high school teams all year. It also makes SOS a huge, huge, HUGE joke.

A guy would think the only upside is that it would so OBVIOUSLY make creampuff scheduling the wave of the future that changes would have to be made immediately.

GBR!!

Wondering what everyone feels if either one of our teams runs the table to the Big 10 title game and then loses to Wisconsin in the title game. Do you feel either one of our teams snags an at-large berth? It seems rare that the BIG would be left with only one BCS bid team.

Don't think the winner of tomorrow's game (us hopefully) will be playing Wisconsin in the title game...have a strong feeling it will be Penn St, and that raises another issue of if either of us would lose to them.

Wondering what everyone feels if either one of our teams runs the table to the Big 10 title game and then loses to Wisconsin in the title game. Do you feel either one of our teams snags an at-large berth? It seems rare that the BIG would be left with only one BCS bid team.

Don't think the winner of tomorrow's game (us hopefully) will be playing Wisconsin in the title game...have a strong feeling it will be Penn St, and that raises another issue of if either of us would lose to them.

Really? Penn State could realistically lose the final three or four games on their schedule. Their schedule is cake up until then. Aside from Bama of course, and they got manhandled by Bama.

Based on previous experience, I doubt any B1G team that loses the CCG will get a BCS bid. A second bid is more likely for teams that did not make the CCG. So losing this weekend effectively ends the Huskers conference title bid, but it might actually put us in decent position for a BCS bid.

I was thinking this as well....however, our record, if we win the rest after the MSU game, would be 10-2. If MSU loses to Wisconsin in another tight game then an 11-2 MSU team might look better. I think our only chance we get in if we lose tomorrow is to hope Penn State represent the Leaders divison and win the CCG. Beating the Lions earlier in the season might sway some perception....but who knows. I just know this is getting more exciting then preparing "what ifs" in the former North Divison of the debunk big 12

I honestly do not see us in a BCS game, nor do I feel we belong in one at this time. I do not see us beating the Spartans nor the Wolverines for that matter, and then there is this undefeated Penn State team that just might kick our butts. Honestly just hoping we get a New Years day game is my hopes at this time.

I am hoping that I am wrong and we beat the Spartans in the morning, but I am not betting a penny on it.

Good luck Spartans, hope the game is a great one and both play at full strength the whole game. I see you winning 34-17 and it not being that close in reality.

Please have crow ready and waiting, I can hardly wait for it.

I think the answer is quite possibly. I do think the B1G will get 2 BCS teams, I just don't know if it would be the loser of the CCG.

Basically, you have 10 spots, with 6 going to the conference champions, one to SEC#2, and one to Boise. That leaves 2 left:

If Stanford somehow makes the mNC game, the Rose will select another PAC school. If Stanford doesn't, only one PAC school will go because they don't travel that well and there is no big name LA school having a great year (USC, UCLA).

They definitely won't take 2 Big East schools, and probably not want 2 ACC schools either. The exception to this is if a Clemson were to go undefeated and then lose in their CCG.

This leaves room for one B1G school and one Big XII school. So yes, I see a second B1G school going...

I think the answer is quite possibly. I do think the B1G will get 2 BCS teams, I just don't know if it would be the loser of the CCG.

Basically, you have 10 spots, with 6 going to the conference champions, one to SEC#2, and one to Boise. That leaves 2 left:

If Stanford somehow makes the mNC game, the Rose will select another PAC school. If Stanford doesn't, only one PAC school will go because they don't travel that well and there is no big name LA school having a great year (USC, UCLA).

They definitely won't take 2 Big East schools, and probably not want 2 ACC schools either. The exception to this is if a Clemson were to go undefeated and then lose in their CCG.

This leaves room for one B1G school and one Big XII school. So yes, I see a second B1G school going...

This post (and the convoluted system that makes it necessary) is proof positive that CFB's post season is seriously BROKEN!