Game announcers

I for one didn't want to strangle the announcers today, so that's a plus. I appreciated the fact that Urban Meyer didn't completely dumb down the terminology, it was quite interesting to hear a guy who knew what he was talking about.

I liked Urban's not dumbing things down. The down side is my wife had no idea what the hell he was saying and I had to translate

I really liked how Meyer announced the game. he seemed two sided, which is the way it should be. An announcer should pull for both teams, not just one. I heard mention several times about Tom Osborne and the old running attack, i heard him talk about how difficult our offense is to defend. I heard him make comments about how good the defense was and how they seem to run the same play with success over and over at Michigan State and the Spartans didnt have an answer.

I like Meyer. It's way better than Mussbooger, who despite doing this gig for decades still doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. I don't want it over-simplified; it's good for the audience to learn and pick up tid-bits here and there, especially people like my wife who knows jack-squat about sports.