U know what????

mwj98

First of all.....I am biased.....and I will go down in flames with my cornhuskers.....

But we get absolutely NO RESPECT......the announcers, espn, the nation and whoever else. If we lose yesterday, well MSU is a tough big ten team....we when...well their schedule is brutal... How bout this?? we have a pretty good team too!!! Yeah, we got exposed in Madison...fine, got the memo Welcome to the Big ten....but we made adjustments. To sit back and think we will get worked is ridiculous. I love our chances against drop back passers. Mobile qb's scare the crap out of me. But, we have moved some safeties/corners closer to the line to protect against cutbacks and scrambling...

If I ever see Mark May or Rece Davis I will piss in their faces. Davis called us tan shirts....really?? May took a cheap shot at Martinez about his throwing motion. I reeeeaaalllllyyyy hope we win out and get the championship!!!

Source tells me Meyer going to buckeyes....ok....hope it lasts.

We have a young team and full of talent.....Oh by the way, compton finally tackled and fisher wasn't seen. Prayers were answered.

I want Wisconsin again!!! Way to show up Hawkeyes!

If I ever see Mark May or Rece Davis I will piss in their faces. Davis called us tan shirts....really?? May took a cheap shot at Martinez about his throwing motion. I reeeeaaalllllyyyy hope we win out and get the championship!!!

If this does happen--and I wish it would--please O please post a youtube. :lol:

• Fire 1

I said this in another thread yesterday, but I feel it's necessary here, too.

Is anybody really surprised about this? For as long as many of us have been Nebraska fans, how often have we been told we weren't going to win a big game or been criticized for our style of play? Pretty damn often. By my estimations, and this is purely speculation, I'd say people are buttsore against Nebraska and don't want them to win. How often did we show many of these analysts in the 90's just how stupid they can be? How often did we put their predictions that our run-heavy team would be dominated to shame?

I see a lot of ESPN and I watch a lot of other sports mediums - they take shots at every team and every fan base feels ESPN doesn't give them the respect they deserve. If you want to shut up ESPN, you go out and win and it's as simple as that. Winning fixes everything.

Not too concerned about Rece Davis, but that Mark May is such a freaking douch bag! I think its in his contract to badmouth nebraska at every chance he gets. Hey before you piss on either of them, let me punch them in the stomach so thier mouth is open....then do your thing.....hahahah!

mwj98, I have the same thoughts. We beat the piss out of them, and according to every ESPN analyst, it was due to MSU's hangover, not how well we played. It's a little bit ridiculous, but I guess I'm used to it.

They do the exact opposite for the SEC. If one of the top SEC teams loses, it's because their conference is just too competitive, and the punishment that they have to endure week after week is just too much to deal with. This year, there are 2 good teams in the SEC and any other team in the conference could and probably would get beat by any team who has a winning record at this point in the season.

On the other hand, they have earned their reputation by winning championships, so that's what we need to do. Win the B1G championship this year and for years in the future and hopefully snag a national championship or two in the next 5-10 years

mwj98, I have the same thoughts. We beat the piss out of them, and according to every ESPN analyst, it was due to MSU's hangover, not how well we played. It's a little bit ridiculous, but I guess I'm used to it.

They do the exact opposite for the SEC. If one of the top SEC teams loses, it's because their conference is just too competitive, and the punishment that they have to endure week after week is just too much to deal with. This year, there are 2 good teams in the SEC and any other team in the conference could and probably would get beat by any team who has a winning record at this point in the season.

On the other hand, they have earned their reputation by winning championships, so that's what we need to do. Win the B1G championship this year and for years in the future and hopefully snag a national championship or two in the next 5-10 years

THIS!

As much as I can't stand the SEC, winning the last 5 championships pretty much does thier talking for them. Don't get me wrong, the whole conference isn't King Shyt but you got your usual players like Alabama and LSU

Rece Davis: "I was all ready, guys, to call the Nebraska defense the 'Tan Shirts' because [going into this game] they're just completely non-descript, but they played pretty well in the first half."

Scandalous!

Kinda sounds like he is praising them.

Exactly my point. He didn't call them "Tan Shirts," and was quite complimentary of their defensive play at the half time show and throughout the rest of the day whenever I saw him. Holtz raved about both defenses after the first half and Nebraska's throughout the whole game. Davis was critical of Martinez's throwing motion at half-time after the interception, but then again who wasn't? May commented, in response to Rece's criticism, that the motion doesn't matter as much as the result (I'm paraphrasing his comments there).

If people these days haven't figured Mark May is a massive pile of douche, well whatever. All the guy does is hop on the nutsack of the team or player that is the flavor of the month. Usc, check. Florida, check. Texass, check. Boomer Sooner, check. Oregon last year, check. Auburn last year, check. LSU/Bama this year, check. All of these teams were gods gift to football according to Mark in their title runs. Now that a new team has come along, or a little turmoil has shown up at the formers front door, May is the first to kick that team and prod at their defficiencies. And still can't get it through his head is Pitt always have and always will suck.

Classic TOOL.

If people these days haven't figured Mark May is a massive pile of douche, well whatever. All the guy does is hop on the nutsack of the team or player that is the flavor of the month. Usc, check. Florida, check. Texass, check. Boomer Sooner, check. Oregon last year, check. Auburn last year, check. LSU/Bama this year, check. All of these teams were gods gift to football according to Mark in their title runs. Now that a new team has come along, or a little turmoil has shown up at the formers front door, May is the first to kick that team and prod at their defficiencies. And still can't get it through his head is Pitt always have and always will suck.

Classic TOOL.

Except that in this case he didn't do that...

Can we give the knee-jerk "ESPN BAD" "MARK MAY BIASED" crap a name like "ESPN Derangement Syndrome" or something?