Is there a path to the national title . . .

Before yesterday, I had absolutely no thought of us playing for the national championship. Heck, I had serious reservations about us finishing in the top 3 of the Legends Division. I woke up this morning, drank 2 liters of Kool-Aid and began wondering if there is a path to the National Championship. If the team that played yesterday shows up for the rest of the season, we have a shot at beating anybody. Having said that, here is what must happen for us to get up to #2 (please keep in mind that this is a dream, so just go with me on this:

1. Alabama must win out. Their remaining schedule beyond LSU is too weak (Georgia Southern in two weeks. Really?).

2. LSU must lose to Bama and Arkansas. Possible, even if not likely.

3. Stanford must lose to Oregon and Notre Dame.

4. Oklahoma State. Must lose to K-State and Oklahoma.

5. Boise State. Must lose to San Diego State or TCU.

6. Oregon. Must lose to USC.

7. Oklahoma. Must lose to Texas A&M (Remember, no conference title game).

8. Arkansas. Must lose to Tennessee or Georgia.

This path is virtually impossible, but it is a list of the dominoes that must fall into place for us to get to the NC game. Oh yeah, we also have to beat Penn State and Michigan on the road, then win a rematch with Wisconsin. Other than that, I'm thinking national championship, baby!

• Fire 3

no... we need at least one more high profile win..... we arent going to get that in this conference. I feel the big ten is very deep this year but not very top heavy at all. we needed Wisconsin to win out and then beat them in the title game.

but lets be honest... we arent ready for that anyway. if we did make it the outcome would be similar to 2001

no... we need at least one more high profile win..... we arent going to get that in this conference. I feel the big ten is very deep this year but not very top heavy at all. we needed Wisconsin to win out and then beat them in the title game.

but lets be honest... we arent ready for that anyway. if we did make it the outcome would be similar to 2001

This...as much as many here don't want to hear, it's another building block year. Having said that, we win out and get a chance to play and beat Wiscy later this year, it's a solid argument.

NO. And thankfully so. The last thing we need is to undeservedly make it to the national championship and get crushed, sending our team in a downward spiral. (IDK if that would happen if we lost badly, just trying to get my point across). I would rather we earn our way there and be able to compete instead of making it there because nobody else is good enough and then get crushed. I think the true NC game this year will probably be played next weekend.

I realize that we realistically have no chance to play for the NC, but it's nice to see we have a team that suddenly is good on both sides of the ball. The beauty about being in the Big 10 is that we no longer have to worry about getting to a BCS game and being matched up with Pitt or UConn. Those teams would NEVER be invited to the Rose Bowl. Agree with Army, next year is suddenly looking really, really good.

This...as much as many here don't want to hear, it's another building block year. Having said that, we win out and get a chance to play and beat Wiscy later this year, it's a solid argument.

I feel like we are getting better... Our offense is clearly better. and as young as it is its only going to improve. we have a 2 year window for bo to put together another monster defense