Excel

The Walking Dead

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

So what are your thoughts...will Rick die/get killed or just leave?

Gosh, I’m not that smart.

I never really thought of them having him “leave” with the possibility of coming back in a few seasons, which would be frickin awesome.

Ive been under the assumption that they will kill him off... I just don’t know who has the nuts to do it besides Negan where it’s believable. If it’s a walker, I give up on the show.

3 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Gosh, I’m not that smart.

I never really thought of them having him “leave” with the possibility of coming back in a few seasons, which would be frickin awesome.

Ive been under the assumption that they will kill him off... I just don’t know who has the nuts to do it besides Negan where it’s believable. If it’s a walker, I give up on the show.

Yeah, it won't be a walker...I don't see Negan doing it because that would be the obvious.  

Maybe not...who know.

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, it won't be a walker...I don't see Negan doing it because that would be the obvious.  

Maybe not...who know.

I cant write the ending for Rick. I’m clueless

8 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Does he have anyone to leave for?  Not really, right?

Plus, didn't they make that huge mistake of him having that little daughter?

He must get killed.

15 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Does he have anyone to leave for?  Not really, right?

Plus, didn't they make that huge mistake of him having that little daughter?

He must get killed.

Couldn’t he maybe get on the helicopter with his daughter and they hold off on that stuff for a couple more years?

5 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Couldn’t he maybe get on the helicopter with his daughter and they hold off on that stuff for a couple more years?

I feel like I missed something about a helicopter! 

8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I feel like I missed something about a helicopter! 

It’s been in a few episodes now over the past couple seasons or so

On 10/15/2018 at 9:08 PM, ScottyIce said:

He finds the group that took Heath, they take him, and then after a few episodes we forget he was ever a character.

2 minutes ago, sho said:

He finds the group that took Heath, they take him, and then after a few episodes we forget he was ever a character.

Lol that’s not true. I wonder when Heath will resurface quite frequently.

Rick wakes up and is in the hospital from the pilot, and the whole series has been a fever-induced dream. 

Anyone got a theory on who attacked that Savior (Justin?) at the end.  That was a very Friday the 13th scene haha.

It was someone he knows, that's why I'm thinking not the Whisperers.  It's likely someone kind of important, so probably not one of the Saviors that walked off the job.   My guess would be Dwight.

Morgan?  

EDIT - Never mind.  That doesn't make sense.  Maybe the girl who cut her hand slicing potatoes?  Dwight makes sense as well.  

Against my better judgment I decided to finish out this season (or at least Andrew Lincoln's time) and thus far it's been pretty decent. Those ratings drops are incredibly dramatic and telling of the poor overall quality of the show the last few years though.

Stringing out a popular character as long as they can maybe.  But I think most of the audience had enough with the Negan war, so it's a little odd to have them string it out, potentially, even longer.  

On 10/17/2018 at 2:10 PM, Landlord said:

Those ratings drops are incredibly dramatic and telling of the poor overall quality of the show the last few years though.

Live views are no longer a reliable metric to use to judge the success of a show. And the extended views for The Walking Dead season 9 premiere picked up an increase of 54% in the seven days after the initial airing. The Walking Dead season 9 premiere “A New Beginning added 3.2 million views in the week after the initial airing. And that doesn’t include the people who watched the premiere early on AMC Premiere. So the total views for the premiere were 9.3 million which is down from previous premiers but still far and away the highest rated scripted show on cable.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/undeadwalking.com/2018/10/19/walking-dead-season-9-premiere-ratings-extended-views/amp/

• Plus1 1

How/why did you start watching the Walking Dead?

For me...this hot girl I knew at the time was talking about it...so I started watching it...

15 hours ago, teachercd said:

How/why did you start watching the Walking Dead?

For me...this hot girl I knew at the time was talking about it...so I started watching it...

I saw the trailer for it before S1, thought it looked fantastic and watched.  Watched every episode since.   About 2/3 of the way through S1, found out it was based on comics, starting reading the comics and now current on those as well.   Debating about actually getting the novels as well.

Weird episode, but I ended up being satisfied with that exit.  I was totally prepared to be outraged haha.

I was debating whether to even keep watching after Rick left, now I'm really hyped for the next 3 episodes.

18 hours ago, The Dude said:

Weird episode, but I ended up being satisfied with that exit.  I was totally prepared to be outraged haha.

I was debating whether to even keep watching after Rick left, now I'm really hyped for the next 3 episodes.

I'm the same way. It was a weird episode and actually left it open for Rick to come back. I liked the teaser about the next three episodes and really can't wait to see them.

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

So what are A and/or B?

I was wondering the same thing. I'm also curious as to where the helicopter is going. It can't be that far away or the radios wouldn't reach. It's one thing that probably won't be answered this season. I'm guessing Rick comes back down the road, because he looked like he was ok in the helicopter.

• Upvote 1

He's leaving to do a Walking Dead movie trilogy.  So I'm sure he'll be tied into the end of the series.

It's not very promising to me that Gimple is writing the movies.  I'm not too keen on most of the expansion stuff they announced, but the time jump in the main series has me intrigued.

On 10/15/2018 at 9:33 PM, ScottyIce said:

Basically nailed it?

just watched it... man this was sad

Just now, SandhillshuskerW said:

No, I'm not sure how many more there are but it wasn't the last episode of the season.

Thanks!

So...they will pick up now with his daughter being like 8 years old?  

Just now, teachercd said:

Thanks!

So...they will pick up now with his daughter being like 8 years old?  

Yeah, I don't know where they are going with that. I'm not sure if next weeks episode will start with everything later down the road. It could be a very interesting episode. I have never read the series and I don't know anything past the current episode, but I'm excited to see how things progress the rest of the season.

56 minutes ago, SandhillshuskerW said:

Yeah, I don't know where they are going with that. I'm not sure if next weeks episode will start with everything later down the road. It could be a very interesting episode. I have never read the series and I don't know anything past the current episode, but I'm excited to see how things progress the rest of the season.

Essentially, functionally, it's now a new show. Rick leaving ends the story they've been telling for 9 years or whatever more or less, and even though we still have some familiar characters this is a mini reboot that's telling a new story six years into the future (I think that's how long the timejump is). 

3 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Essentially, functionally, it's now a new show. Rick leaving ends the story they've been telling for 9 years or whatever more or less, and even though we still have some familiar characters this is a mini reboot that's telling a new story six years into the future (I think that's how long the timejump is). 

That would make sense. If they jump six years in to the future, are they going to have a lot of flashbacks to show what has happened in the last six years or are they just going to go there and pick things up? 

20 hours ago, SandhillshuskerW said:

That would make sense. If they jump six years in to the future, are they going to have a lot of flashbacks to show what has happened in the last six years or are they just going to go there and pick things up? 

I hope they just pick things up 6ish years later like the comic, but you never know.

One of the weirdest criticism I've seen was Judith being proficient with Rick's revolver at 10ish years old.   Nobody batted an eye when Carl was proficient with a pistol at a young age and he didn't even grow up in the zombie apocalypse.

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

One of the weirdest criticism I've seen was Judith being proficient with Rick's revolver at 10ish years old.   Nobody batted an eye when Carl was proficient with a pistol at a young age and he didn't even grow up in the zombie apocalypse.

Way more realistic than Rick still headshotting with said revolver when he's bleeding out, on his knees, swaying back and forth, going in and out of consciousness :lol: