The Walking Dead

I've read the whisperer theory and that the Mom from Fear (can't think of her name off the top of my head) is Alpha.  That would be a major sweve.  I don't think that'll happen as I don't think they'll introduce the whisperers until the battle with the saviors is finished.  I'm assuming we'll see them after a time jump of some sort.

19 minutes ago, sho said:

I've read the whisperer theory and that the Mom from Fear (can't think of her name off the top of my head) is Alpha.  That would be a major sweve.  I don't think that'll happen as I don't think they'll introduce the whisperers until the battle with the saviors is finished.  I'm assuming we'll see them after a time jump of some sort.

I'm hoping for her to be Alpha, would be great.

On 2/25/2018 at 11:15 AM, The Dude said:

Is the Mom we're talking about the same one from the first couple episodes of the first season (that's all I watched)?  Because that would be awesome.

I've only seen 1st season of Fear, gonna get caught up though.  Yeah the Mom on there may become Alpha, would be an epic twist.

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 2:27 AM, The Dude said:

I haven't thought it was quality television since about season 3 if I'm being generous, halfway through season 2 if I'm being honest.  

Since then it's basically been a guilty pleasure for me.  Watching it on those terms season 8 has neen considerably more entertaining than seasons 4-7.

the marathons have solidified my opinion that Gimple was boring.  The show became 2 dimensional in the march to Alexandria, and then lost another when the Neegan appeared. 

16 hours ago, Redux said:

I've only seen 1st season of Fear, gonna get caught up though.  Yeah the Mom on there may become Alpha, would be an epic twist.

I can't remember if they are on 3 or 4 seasons, but the last season was really good.   Really good.   Less to complain about following a story line since there is no source material.   I'll be interested to see how the start the next season and how the time jump happens for Morgan to come in. 

55 minutes ago, teachercd said:

The season premier...sort of boring?  I watched it but I find myself with it on...but sort of not paying attention as much.

It was better than I expected, and I didn't expect much.  Chandler Riggs gave a terrific final performance, it's just a shame that it eill eventually lead to the end of the show.  I see absolutely no way they successfully use that as a catalyst to reinvent the show and sustain longevity.  Too many story arcs will now have to be discarded completely, or rewritten awkwardly.

With that out of the way, I'm actually quite looking forward to the end of the war in the season finale.  Everything leading up to that will be pretty hit and miss.

"I promise to make your vision real, Carl."

*1 Hour Later*

"It's too late for that Negan!"

So....after 8 seasons of Rick turning into a lunatic anytime Carl was in danger, he seems to be coping with Carl's death pretty well.  The same man that bit another mans jugular out of his throat.  First thing to do after son dies?  Go visit the trash people who turned on you twice already.

What in the blue hell are they doing to this season, I can't wait for this arc to be over.  What a huge miss.

38 minutes ago, Redux said:

"I promise to make your vision real, Carl."

*1 Hour Later*

"It's too late for that Negan!"

So....after 8 seasons of Rick turning into a lunatic anytime Carl was in danger, he seems to be coping with Carl's death pretty well.  The same man that bit another mans jugular out of his throat.  First thing to do after son dies?  Go visit the trash people who turned on you twice already.

What in the blue hell are they doing to this season, I can't wait for this arc to be over.  What a huge miss.

I've never read the comics and don't plan to. I liked the last episode. I think it's really building towards a huge battle. I think the saviors are starting to fall apart a little bit. I would have never known about any of the characters actual stories in the comics if it wasn't for coming here and reading everyones comments about them. I liked the last episode because of the buildup of where things are heading. I really hope they do justice to the war that is about to really get going. I have no idea where they will possibly go after they get rid of Negan and the Saviors, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Carl's pointless death has completely sucked me out of the show.  They have hyped that it leads to something, it won't.  The source material is what made the show good to begin with.  Straying from it forces them to rewrite and abandon certain stories and arcs.

Does anyone ecwn remember the whole show arc of the weirdo cops in the skyscraper building that kept people hostage?  Most people don't even remember it until it's brought up, and even less thought it was good.  That's because it was all original material, none of it came from the comics, hence why it felt so out of place.  It's only real purpose was to prolong getting to Alexandria and meeting Negan.  What they do next after this story arc will either revive or sink this show.  I'm not optimistic for it's survival right now.

2 hours ago, Redux said:

Carl's pointless death has completely sucked me out of the show.  They have hyped that it leads to something, it won't.  The source material is what made the show good to begin with.  Straying from it forces them to rewrite and abandon certain stories and arcs.

Does anyone ecwn remember the whole show arc of the weirdo cops in the skyscraper building that kept people hostage?  Most people don't even remember it until it's brought up, and even less thought it was good.  That's because it was all original material, none of it came from the comics, hence why it felt so out of place.  It's only real purpose was to prolong getting to Alexandria and meeting Negan.  What they do next after this story arc will either revive or sink this show.  I'm not optimistic for it's survival right now.

I get what you are saying, and while the ratings are going down, it's still the number 1 cable show.  It's not going away too quickly.   And there are hints that more spin-offs will be coming.  Maybe a show originating in say Ohio and how that area survives.   One theory is the show will do spin-off series to introduce new communities and give back story and have them morph into the main show.  There's talk of that happening with Fear, and if they do the Ohio show, it would make sense to see how that could be merged in as well.

44 minutes ago, sho said:

I get what you are saying, and while the ratings are going down, it's still the number 1 cable show.  It's not going away too quickly.   And there are hints that more spin-offs will be coming.  Maybe a show originating in say Ohio and how that area survives.   One theory is the show will do spin-off series to introduce new communities and give back story and have them morph into the main show.  There's talk of that happening with Fear, and if they do the Ohio show, it would make sense to see how that could be merged in as well.

Quality over quantity in my book.

Yeah, seeing the spinoff rumors.  I'll be frank, if FTWD doesn't become the Whisperer backstory I'll be very let down.  If they do an Ohio origin, that would be okay seeing as the comic just introduced a MASSIVE community in Ohio so I woulf assume Kirkman would have some insight towards it.  Overall, they need to finish this war acr up do they can deliver a quality season 9 and not try so hard at jamming too much into it while maintaining such a slow pace.  The Whisperer arc is fast paced and they need to keep that in mind moving forward.