Penn St Fan I ran into

I'll start taking Penn State seriously again when JoePa retires (which means dies) in 20 years

20yrs. He would be 104. I give him less then 5 years.

On second thought, JoePa might never die.

I'm not convinced his death would be cause for him to lose his job as PSU head coach. They're wheeling him around now, will it make any difference if his eyes are open or shut?

I'll start taking Penn State seriously again when JoePa retires (which means dies) in 20 years

I'm not convinced his death would be cause for him to lose his job as PSU head coach. They're wheeling him around now, will it make any difference if his eyes are open or shut?

He's actually been dead..or nearly dead..for years. He, along with Joan Rivers and Larry King, are cryogenically frozen between public appearances to maintain what little life they have left. It truly is a sad existence.

PSU is an enigma.... Their D looks tough but it's hard to tell based on the competition. They played 1 tough team - Bama - and Bama quit scoring in the 3rd. We, OTOH have played WI, MSU and OSU - 3 legit top notch defenses. If PSU forces us to pass & TM starts throwing INT's then we're in trouble but as long as we can get 4-5 yards a pop we'll be in good shape. One thing I noticed about PSU is that they're getting better at the QB spot. McGloin (sp?) looks like he's cemented the starting spot - which is good for NU bec. he's less mobile than Boldin - but still a lot more mobile than Cousins.

Lets see how we stop Persa this week - he's mobile I hear......+ a great passer.

Persa used to be pretty mobile before tearing his achilles last year and getting turf toe this year. He's got 34 yrds rushing in 43 attempts. Great passing though, he's completeing 75% of his passes. Should be interesting to see how we do.

Take out the sack yardage and Persa is averaging about 5 yards a pop. He is mobile enough to make our DLine look bad again by extending plays.

But back to PSU, the part about the game I am worring over is will the Crypt Keeper be awake to watch it all.

I know you are not supposed to do this but I thought with Ohio on last night it would be relevant.

PSU-Temple 14-10

Ohio-Temple 35-31

Somehow Ohio (The Frank Solich version) managed to put up 21 more points on the same Temple D that PSU could only muster 14 on. Just sayin'.

To be fair, Penn St. isn't the same team they were that early in the season, and neither are we.

Their offense has improved and our defense has improved.

Do I think we will win? Yes, but this argument doesn't have the legs to stand on. As good ol' Lou Holtz likes to say, "It's a different team every week" (minus the spit)

Oh I don't think so...I haven't seen one ounce of improvement in that Penn State offense. It has looked like the same thing every week, with the same problems against different teams with not-so-stellar defenses.

^This just got done re-watching Penn st./bama and I think brad nessler said JoPa walks 6 miles a day at the age of 84. I don't care who u are thats impressive. I hope ill be able to walk 6 feet a day when I'm 84. Jeesh!

Yesterday I was down in Atlantic City for the wife and I's anniversary. She was at the spa and I was the logical place for any man to be at while his wife's getting pampered, the bar.

I was having a beer and this guy sits down next to me, and he's wearing a Penn St jacket, he notices my "Got Bones" shirt. We start talking and listening to him, almost made me shake my head. The bartender was Husker fan that grew up near Columbus.

The Penn State fan said there is no way we are going to score on Penn State's defense. He was citing how they shutdown Illinois, and how they would shut us down as well. I tried to say that they may have a tougher time with us due to Burkhead and the youngin's being able to run the ball. I mentioned our defense had vastly improved, and he said how their QB and Silus Redd were going to bury us.

I finally had to ask him what he thought the score was gonna be, and I almost choked on my beer....

31 - 10 Penn State

The bartender started laughing at him....

I am familiar with a young lady who goes to school there, and she shared this same sentiment about the game. I brushed it off thinking it was just school spirit kicking in... I didn't think there was any way that all of their fans ACTUALLY felt this way though