Penn St Fan I ran into

The difficult thing about this game is we will have only played one similar opponent by the time we play each other - Northwestern. It's difficult to compare similar opponents to begin with, but it's even more difficult when you really don't have any.

That said, against their levels of competition, especially in the last few weeks, they've looked good but by no means have they looked great. They play pretty good defense, but their offense can be downright abysmal any given week. JoePa is a HOF coach, but he's not coaching like one now and PSU has a knack for losing big games recently under JoePa.

From a talent and coaching position, Nebraska shouldn't lose this game.

Somehow Ohio (The Frank Solich version) managed to put up 21 more points on the same Temple D that PSU could only muster 14 on. Just sayin'.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If ever there were a stat to make a PSU fan hang their head in shame...this would be it.

No wait - the score in their game against Illinois is even more pathetic. I predict a record number of Joe Pa depends soilings in the first half alone.

PSU is an enigma.... Their D looks tough but it's hard to tell based on the competition. They played 1 tough team - Bama - and Bama quit scoring in the 3rd. We, OTOH have played WI, MSU and OSU - 3 legit top notch defenses. If PSU forces us to pass & TM starts throwing INT's then we're in trouble but as long as we can get 4-5 yards a pop we'll be in good shape. One thing I noticed about PSU is that they're getting better at the QB spot. McGloin (sp?) looks like he's cemented the starting spot - which is good for NU bec. he's less mobile than Boldin - but still a lot more mobile than Cousins.

Lets see how we stop Persa this week - he's mobile I hear......+ a great passer.

PSU is an enigma.... Their D looks tough but it's hard to tell based on the competition. They played 1 tough team - Bama - and Bama quit scoring in the 3rd. We, OTOH have played WI, MSU and OSU - 3 legit top notch defenses. If PSU forces us to pass & TM starts throwing INT's then we're in trouble but as long as we can get 4-5 yards a pop we'll be in good shape. One thing I noticed about PSU is that they're getting better at the QB spot. McGloin (sp?) looks like he's cemented the starting spot - which is good for NU bec. he's less mobile than Boldin - but still a lot more mobile than Cousins.

Lets see how we stop Persa this week - he's mobile I hear......+ a great passer.

Persa used to be pretty mobile before tearing his achilles last year and getting turf toe this year. He's got 34 yrds rushing in 43 attempts. Great passing though, he's completeing 75% of his passes. Should be interesting to see how we do.

I know you are not supposed to do this but I thought with Ohio on last night it would be relevant.

PSU-Temple 14-10

Ohio-Temple 35-31

Somehow Ohio (The Frank Solich version) managed to put up 21 more points on the same Temple D that PSU could only muster 14 on. Just sayin'.

To be fair, Penn St. isn't the same team they were that early in the season, and neither are we.

Their offense has improved and our defense has improved.

Do I think we will win? Yes, but this argument doesn't have the legs to stand on. As good ol' Lou Holtz likes to say, "It's a different team every week" (minus the spit)

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If ever there were a stat to make a PSU fan hang their head in shame...this would be it.

No wait - the score in their game against Illinois is even more pathetic. I predict a record number of Joe Pa depends soilings in the first half alone.

I watched that game last night. Ohio's offense is pretty good. I still don't understand the option to the short side of the field, but they moved the ball pretty well.

I watched that game last night. Ohio's offense is pretty good. I still don't understand the option to the short side of the field, but they moved the ball pretty well.

That's Gdowski ball! Hey I'm not gonna say we're gonna blow out Penn State......

But I think we might beat them pretty good.

Yeah I was going to say that TO used to call that a lot to. I believe he said that it gave them better blocking angles and had a higher chance of being a big play. Not sure myself, but that was the given reasoning anyway.

I have the grave misfortune of being surrounded by these twits. Still jealous about '94, even though Nebraska would have cleaned PSUcks clock. That being said I have my tickets, parking pass and I'm waiting with great anticipation for next Saturday.

Nebraska-24 PSUcks-10, and that's a gift. GBR!