What we learned today???

1. Taylor Martinez played by far the most complete game I have ever seen (Yep, I said it). I didn't think he had it.

a. I have been as critical as anyone of his play. I was totally impressed with how he controlled the game and didn't make any mistakes.

2. Beck is the guy.

a. I don't know what everyone wants. They consistently moved the ball up and down the field. Everyone pops a boner when Rex carries 35 times because it works, but it isn't going to work all the time.

3. No pass rush or anyone on the second level to make a play when mobile QB breaks through.

a. The only D-Lineman we have are Eric Martin and Baker. I'm including a healthy Crick in the discussion.

b. Giving up 4-6 yards on firstdown everytime won't work.

4. The safety play that was there against Sparty was non existent.

5. Enunwa is going to kill someone before the year is over. They should move him to middle linebacker so he can replace David next year.

6. Overall team is not good enough to overcome significant mistakes.

Use our playmakers instead of thinking 50 touches from Burkhead is gonna get it done. Turner? Abdullah? Heard? Green?

Exactly. Watching the Bama/LSU game made me cringe.... FR and Sophs's all over...... while NU puts them in the oven to bake and mature. Sad sad indeed. What a HUGE waste of talent.

What the hell are we doing making a guy like AGreen stand on the sidelines?

THIS. Why are we recruiting this guys if we make them sit on the bench? Why the hell isn't Jamal Turner playing? I love Rexy, but you're telling me he's the ONLY one out there who can play?

Under Bo we have yet to have a team that plays like champions; I doubt we ever will.

-Rex should be moved to FB, so we can get some of the young guns in the game.

-Marlowe is good but Jamal is better regardless of how he practices. (Marlowe did have a good game, but still...)

-Playcalling was rather pedestrian.

-Northwestern targeted C.Evans when he was in the game. He needs to become more physical off the ball and redirect WRs.

-The pass rush was decent, but if we are trying to collapse a pocket we need to recruit guys with the strength to do so.

-Steinkuhler is emerging.

-Bo and team took this game for granted.

• that somewhere inside of TMagic, there is a qb that comes out every once in awhile. We just need to bring it out in him more often
  • that Burkhead should have been spelled more by the freshman. He was clearly hurt out there -- limped all game long
  • that hopefully Steinkuhler is coming into his own as a DT. He was a beast throughout the game.
  • that the players were not the only ones that had trouble getting up for the game after beating MSU. Our coaches at all positions, as well as Bo, were out-coached and out-schemed all day long.
  • that we can't cover a crossing route to save our lives.
  • that we are not quite ready for prime time

1. Beck is too conservative in play calling in the first half. NW was putting 8 or 9 in the box yet we conitune with option and dive plays. 6 yard curl and across the middle routes were golden(when we caught them).

2. Dan Persa getting hurt was actually bad for our defense, Coulter is a hell of an athlete, when he saw spot duty before the Persa injury, it was run up the middle every time, no adjustments. We were getting to Persa and making him panick, throw it away or get shoved to the ground by caveman.

3. Like others where are our freshman and sophmore studs. Turner,Adullah,Green, etc, etc etc.

4. Taylor Martinez played his ass off today, his numbers prove what we shouldve been doing all game long, not just the 2nd half.

5. Im tired of this sh#t every year, playing down to a extremely weaker opponent. This was worse than losing to ISU in 2009.

6. Bo and Carl need to go timeout management school. No timeouts called at the end of the first half to get the ball back and letting the clock bleed uncontrolably when NW had the ball inside our 5 yard line.

7. Im pulling for Iowa next week against MSU, imagine the stur up that will cause.

• that somewhere inside of TMagic, there is a qb that comes out every once in awhile. We just need to bring it out in him more often
  • that Burkhead should have been spelled more by the freshman. He was clearly hurt out there -- limped all game long
  • that hopefully Steinkuhler is coming into his own as a DT. He was a beast throughout the game.
  • that the players were not the only ones that had trouble getting up for the game after beating MSU. Our coaches at all positions, as well as Bo, were out-coached and out-schemed all day long.
  • that we can't cover a crossing route to save our lives.
  • that we are not quite ready for prime time

Good post. I really hope they use the triplets more next week because Rex will not have fresh legs. Baker had himself a good game. Outcoached sums up the coaches. Crossing routes have always killed Bo's defenses, Mike Leach said as such and until we get better nickle/dime backs, this will not change. Finally, you damn straight we ain't ready for prime-time.

Rome had some kind of muscle injury. not sure where I heard it though. As far as Turner goes, WR coach said he wasn't practicing well, and he will only put the player's on the field that are practicing well and know the routes

Comments like this make my blood boil. I've heard the same thing about Turner. That kid is SPECIAL. You don't have to be a professional scout to see it. Has anyone else noticed on his occasional plays how even when it looks like a defender has him dead to rights, the kid sprays some fairy dust all over the place and somehow eludes it? Turner's got IT, whatever it is, and he's a true freshman. Unlike some I have nothing against Marlow. He makes a play from time to time. However...

Get. Jamal. The rock.

Rome had some kind of muscle injury. not sure where I heard it though. As far as Turner goes, WR coach said he wasn't practicing well, and he will only put the player's on the field that are practicing well and know the routes

Comments like this make my blood boil. I've heard the same thing about Turner. That kid is SPECIAL. You don't have to be a professional scout to see it. Has anyone else noticed on his occasional plays how even when it looks like a defender has him dead to rights, the kid sprays some fairy dust all over the place and somehow eludes it? Turner's got IT, whatever it is, and he's a true freshman. Unlike some I have nothing against Marlow. He makes a play from time to time. However...

Get. Jamal. The rock.

Well said, get your play makers on the field and allow them to win games for you. NW wouldn't have had an answer for him.

Get. Jamal. The rock.

Agreed. I understand the coaches are trying to send a message by benching him because he isn't practicing well, but in my opinion, at some point the outcome of the game outweighs the message being sent.