Here is why we lost

Beck takes what the defense was giving him...which came in the passing game. Sometimes the runs not going to be there. And you have to be able to pass, which he called, and which Taylor did well. I was hoping he would've called a few more passes, but I don't think it was his playcalling that did us in.

We lost because we coughed it up twice, dropped 5 passes and didn't execute defensively. Those are things you can blame Beck on, right...

And fumbled after catching passes.....

Agree that Beck's hands were to a large degree tied. No Oline push (at all) resulting in zero running game, wrs dropping balls all over the place.....not easy.

Certainly agree with BigWillie that the option needs to be dumped as it simply doesn't work as we play it and SuperRex isn't a speedster to boot. If we "must" use it bring in one of the triplets for it to have any kind of chance.

Rough damn game.

GBR!!

Funny, I thought I recalled LSU and Alabama running option pretty frequently last night.

the coaching staff had zero respect for opponent and decided to take the week off

How do you know this? I doubt this is true, and you should be banned for saying something so ignorant. I'm sure a guy like Bo who talks so consistently about the process would "take a week off". There is no way he had zero respect because anyone with any understanding of the game respects Northwestern.

I think this game highlights what some of us have been saying for quite some time. For those wanting to get rid of Beck, you are finally seeing what Watson had to deal with. If the OL doesn't block, it really puts a lot of pressure on the OC. We had a few drops, but very few teams don't have a few drops per game. Martinez and the receivers played a pretty good game. The RB's took what was given to them which was very very little. I thought the front four on D played pretty well until they got tired. The LB's David included didn't really play a great game. From my perspective, they overpursued a lot and we got burnt. I like Bo's comment when the interviewer said something about Thorell having a lot of tackles when Bo said yeah he had a lot of tackles because of the amount of receptions he let his man have. Baker had I thought his best game. I'm really liking Martin on playing DE. If we would have had any running game at all, we win this game easy. By having no running game, our D was on the field too much and got tired.

Beck takes what the defense was giving him...which came in the passing game. Sometimes the runs not going to be there. And you have to be able to pass, which he called, and which Taylor did well. I was hoping he would've called a few more passes, but I don't think it was his playcalling that did us in.

We lost because we coughed it up twice, dropped 5 passes and didn't execute defensively. Those are things you can blame Beck on, right...

And fumbled after catching passes.....

Agree that Beck's hands were to a large degree tied. No Oline push (at all) resulting in zero running game, wrs dropping balls all over the place.....not easy.

Certainly agree with BigWillie that the option needs to be dumped as it simply doesn't work as we play it and SuperRex isn't a speedster to boot. If we "must" use it bring in one of the triplets for it to have any kind of chance.

Rough damn game.

GBR!!

Funny, I thought I recalled LSU and Alabama running option pretty frequently last night.

or maybe stop running it to the short side of the damn field!!! :ahhhhhhhh

the coaching staff had zero respect for opponent and decided to take the week off

How do you know this? I doubt this is true, and you should be banned for saying something so ignorant. I'm sure a guy like Bo who talks so consistently about the process would "take a week off". There is no way he had zero respect because anyone with any understanding of the game respects Northwestern.

chill out. By zero respect i mean their game plan stunk. Pelini can coach for a big game, but seems to be unoriginal in his game planning for the games that don't get a national stage. Go ahead and refute this, but to not have a brilliant gameplan for a big or small game is desrespectful IMO. People say he "preached to the guys" about playing hard this week inspite of the opponet, but he certainly didn't seem to prepare his game plan or his coaches. HE WAS OUT-COACHED an OUT-PREPARED. Deal with it. And really, you think I should be banned for that. Sober up or grow up-probably both

chill out. By zero respect i mean their game plan stunk. Pelini can coach for a big game, but seems to be unoriginal in his game planning for the games that don't get a national stage. Go ahead and refute this, but to not have a brilliant gameplan for a big or small game is desrespectful IMO. People say he "preached to the guys" about playing hard this week inspite of the opponet, but he certainly didn't seem to prepare his game plan or his coaches. HE WAS OUT-COACHED an OUT-PREPARED. Deal with it. And really, you think I should be banned for that. Sober up or grow up-probably both

I don't disagree with you at all. However, Pelini coaching for a big game might or might not be true when going back and looking at the Wisconsin game this year; the Texas game last year; and several others along the way. Urban Meyer was in the booth when we played MSU. He pointed out a couple of things and was surprised MSU didn't attack the middle of the field which Northwestern did. I think Northwestern's staff gets a big A+ this game for scouting because they hit us where we're vulnerable while MSU didn't. He also pointed out how A. Rod points nearly everytime when he lines up where the play is going. MSU never did figure this out either. Bo will be fine, but I do believe there are times when he tries to catch opponents and gets a little too cute at times.

Absolutely! Hats off to Northwestern, they really prepared. I think Bo will be fine too, and with the season we have been having I can wait for him to mature. Who ever said this whole "return to national prominance" would be easy? When it does happen, it will be something to celebrate.

Hey look another thread by BCS where he asks for Bo to be fired. I've never seen one of those before............... :sarcasm:rolleyes:

We lost because of several reasons:

1. Players not executing correctly.

2. Coaches executing game plan incorrectly.

3. Northwestern flat out wanting it more that us.

It's several things not just one................

We lost bec. we're not giving play makers reps: Aaron Green and Turner are riding the pine. Don't know what's going on with Braylon Heard.

Watching the Bama game - FR and Soph's all over. Makes me sick that we can't use the talent at hand

Each one of their players are HUGE too....physical beasts...how bout we get some of those players!? Eh??

Hey look another thread by BCS where he asks for Bo to be fired. I've never seen one of those before............... :sarcasm:rolleyes:

We lost because of several reasons:

1. Players not executing correctly.

2. Coaches executing game plan incorrectly.

3. Northwestern flat out wanting it more that us.

It's several things not just one................

Sorry to start blaming specific skill positions....but the O-line run blocking was HORRID!!! Didn't they pull A-Rod and Yoshi? Or was it a rotation thing? I am glad they pulled A-Rod...he hasn't been playing with a ton of effort...disappointed...

We lost the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. We fumbled in two key spots. We couldn't stop them from driving down the field and eating the clock at the end of the 4th. The game was lost between those 3 things. That's it. This has happened the last 5 years or so guys. Will it take ten years to get used to this? Nebraska is not an elite program anymore. We have gravitated toward "mediocrity".

10 win seasons is mediocrity eh? back to back 10 win seasons i might add.....not many teams have done that back to back as of late if I do recall..........................

Upon rewatching this game there wasn't a single starter on the OLine that played well. At first I thought it was just the right side(meaning Caputo, ARod and Yosh). But Long probably played his worst game of the season, and Marcel looked slower than usual and laboring through pain the whole game.

I liked the OLine rotation that we saw earlier this year. Choi, Sirles and Moore need to play. Hopefully the competition between the big nasties is very heated this week. It should be. That same lineup was pushed around for the majority of the MSU game asa well. And the strangest thing was their pass pro was decent.

Upon rewatching this game there wasn't a single starter on the OLine that played well. At first I thought it was just the right side(meaning Caputo, ARod and Yosh). But Long probably played his worst game of the season, and Marcel looked slower than usual and laboring through pain the whole game.

I liked the OLine rotation that we saw earlier this year. Choi, Sirles and Moore need to play. Hopefully the competition between the big nasties is very heated this week. It should be. That same lineup was pushed around for the majority of the MSU game asa well. And the strangest thing was their pass pro was decent.

Moore was in, but injured correct? But what in the world ever became of Choi and Sirles? Mystery, man, just a mystery