Penn State Scandal Thread

Eric the Red

How does a coach exhibit very high integrity in all areas of the operation of his university and still be able to split hairs on what Sandsusky was doing, condone what he did by allowing him to retire with a great benefit package, cover up the crimes and lie about it? (He KNEW. Nothing happened at the school remotely connected to football that he did not know about and direct.)

My suspicion is that it had something to do with his absolute authority. There was no one who could challenge any decision of his. But what did he tell himself?

The talk now is about whether Penn State should dismantle the Joe Paterno statue. I think they should. I think Penn State should cut it up into little dime-sized pieces and sell it off to alumni for $50 a pop. And give all the proceeds to Sandusky's victims. /jmho

The talk now is about whether Penn State should dismantle the Joe Paterno statue. I think they should. I think Penn State should cut it up into little dime-sized pieces and sell it off to alumni for $50 a pop. And give all the proceeds to Sandusky's victims. /jmho

Leave it up.

Put a small Sandusky statue w/ little kids standing around him (nothing suggestive, just close to each other) off to one side of JoePa and then put blinders on JoePa, so that he can't see them. And on the other side Spanier, Shultz and Curley in the "See no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil" pose

• Fire 4

Leave it up.

Put a small Sandusky statue w/ little kids standing around him (nothing suggestive, just close to each other) off to one side of JoePa and then put blinders on JoePa, so that he can't see them. And on the other side Spanier, Shultz and Curley in the "See no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil" pose

Yeah, that would be more accurate. Sad, but accurate.

I wonder if these shirts are still a top seller on the PSU campus??

http://www.linebacke...s-and-t-shirts/

Maybe they are. I doubt if many Penn State jerseys are being sold these days. If I was a Penn State fan I don't think I'd be wearing a Penn State football jersey for a while. In view of all that's happened with that program.

I saw an interview today on ESPN today with a writer from Penn State and he said to put it inside the musuem.. I guess I would agree with that, but they need to make sure its in the past as soon as possible.

I wonder if these shirts are still a top seller on the PSU campus??

http://www.linebacke...s-and-t-shirts/

Maybe they are. I doubt if many Penn State jerseys are being sold these days. If I was a Penn State fan I don't think I'd be wearing a Penn State football jersey for a while. In view of all that's happened with that program.

I saw an interview today on ESPN today with a writer from Penn State and he said to put it inside the musuem.. I guess I would agree with that, but they need to make sure its in the past as soon as possible.

I think the statue should be covered up for 14 years.

• Fire 2

Given the reaction the Paterno family, the lack of action by those at the top at the university from Joe Pa on down and much of the reaction of the university community, a phrase I heard for the first time recently came to mind: "Denial is not a river in Egypt."

Yeah, that statue has got to go. Even if Joe had a life of good service to the university, he erased all of that with his handling of this case.