How do NU fans travelling to Penn St for game feel about their safety?

For those who care to follow the events happening on the streets in Happy Valley right now, Gregg Doyel from CBS is live tweeting what he's seeing. He's apparently in the thick of the action. There are incidents occurring from his vantage point such as tearing down a street light pole as well as police resorting to pepper spray on some rowdy students. Doyel's latest tweet as I'm typing this post:

It's about to get bad. Crowd moving in on cops.

You can follow Gregg here: http://twitter.com/#...!/greggdoyelcbs

They can't reschedule the game. We have no more open weeks before now and the Championship game. It would cause chaos with bowl alignments if either NU or PSU were to win out.

The only thing they can do is call it off. Which is unlikely.

I know the students seem OK now. But they haven't got much alcohol in them yet. Hope everyone over there gets home safe tonight.

What happens if they cancel the game? How would that affect standings and records and what not....does it go down as a PSU loss or what?

I know that sounds shallow, like I somehow don't care about the crimes and the victims and would rather talk football...that couldn't be further from the truth...I'm just wondering.

i agree, the schematics would be complex. there is no concrete reason to cancel the game, just worst case scenarios. i think it should be canceled because who wants to watch or play this game now? it will be a long time before i can look at anything psu and not think about the horror the institution allowed.

• Fire 1

They can't reschedule the game. We have no more open weeks before now and the Championship game. It would cause chaos with bowl alignments if either NU or PSU were to win out.

I know the students seem OK now. But they haven't got much alcohol in them yet. Hope everyone over there gets home safe tonight.

Play it at 7 AM Sunday morning...that'd pretty much cap off your season of 11AM kickoffs

Play it at 7 AM Sunday morning...that'd pretty much cap off your season of 11AM kickoffs

i would imagine the emotions on saturday will not be as high as they are tonight. people lose interest in things quickly. especially impulsive ones, by definition.

If I am Bo or TO, I am doing everything in my power to get this game moved to Heinz Field or the Linc in Philly, if at all possible. No way would I feel my team, or the fan base would be safe walking into that stadium on Saturday given how their fans are reacting.

That fan base is truly pathetic. Stronger words should be used for how they have reacted to what has happened, but word filters prevent me from saying what I really think.

No way I would allow the players or fans to go to State College on Saturday. Just, no way.

For those who care to follow the events happening on the streets in Happy Valley right now, Gregg Doyel from CBS is live tweeting what he's seeing. He's apparently in the thick of the action. There are incidents occurring from his vantage point such as tearing down a street light pole as well as police resorting to pepper spray on some rowdy students. Doyel's latest tweet as I'm typing this post:

It's about to get bad. Crowd moving in on cops.

You can follow Gregg here: http://twitter.com/#...!/greggdoyelcbs

I do like this one.

Kids in balconies are throwing toilet paper onto crowd. Pretty sure it's unused.