Hats Off to Bo if we win at PSU

Ronznotes

It will take a very special effort by Bo, coaches and players to remain focused and on task. I initially thought the PSU horror would undo them, but then it became more obvious to me that PSU is in a perfect situation for motivation.

They had 2 weeks off - the game plan is in place, so they didn't lose much "practice" this week.

It is PSU against the WORLD. I can't imagine an easier pregame speach than "win for JoPa" and the "only people that care about Penn State football is in this stadium.

I think PSU plays obsessed and angry beyond anything we've faced in a decade.

Kudos to Bo if he pulls this off.

p.s. I understand there are counter arguments to my theory, but I think this is the one we'll encounter on Saturday.

• Fire 3

I initially thought the PSU horror would undo them, but then it became more obvious to me that PSU is in a perfect situation for motivation.

Just because they are in a perfect situation doesn't mean they will in fact show up - see us vs. Texas last year. Maybe they will come out with their hair on fire and play a great football game, or maybe they'll choke - we'll find out Saturday.

I think we will have an uphill battle....I know how we played in TO's last game....lights out...I expect to get a monumental effort from PSU and fans. As someone else said if they lose they will blame it on the distractions, but for us IDK....I do KNOW this is going to be one Awkward sporting event, and it really sucks that it happened to be us as the "other" team involved.

there are a million reasons for motivation.......we need this game and the next 2 to make our season.......touche

That was true last week against Northwestern and was true a few days ago before the PSU meltdown - are you suggesting that nothing has really changed in the last few days?

i am suggesting their motivation is nothing more than ours......yeah, we can certainly lack motivation, we proved that last week, pitiful, but their "us against the world" theme is bullsh#t.

I think we will have an uphill battle....I know how we played in TO's last game....lights out...I expect to get a monumental effort from PSU and fans. As someone else said if they lose they will blame it on the distractions, but for us IDK....I do KNOW this is going to be one Awkward sporting event, and it really sucks that it happened to be us as the "other" team involved.

T.O.s departure is hardly the same as Joes. Although nothing will suprise me, PSU has is on its 3rd HC, or acting HC in as many days. If DONU plays prepared on a normal gameday(absent scandel), we take them by 10, and I would expect at least that Saturday

They may be motivated and play the best game of their lives because of it. They may be exhausted from all the mental weight and distractions. Nothing would surprise me in this one. Throw football logic completely out the window.

And I don't think anyone gets more or less kudos than normal for any of it...regardless of the result. If we get blown out, we can't hold that against our players or coaches given the circumstances. If we blow them out, no way we can give our guys extra credit for being so great given the circumstances.

T.O.s departure is hardly the same as Joes. Although nothing will suprise me, PSU has is on its 3rd HC, or acting HC in as many days.

Huh? Ignoring the grammar, I still don't get this. Paterno, Bradley, and ??? And really, don't you think Bradley has really been the main guy as far as game prep anyway?

As jimmiet99 says, they could deflate really fast. Plus they've been emotional all week and could really be exhausted from it all, or a bit shell-shocked.

Agreed. This game is very important for Bo's progress as a coach. His preparation and motivational skill will illustrated Saturday and i hope he succeeds. For the reasons of PSUs bye week and wanting to play for Joe Pa, it will be an intense challenge and our boys can't go into the game lackadaisically.