What have we learned?

walksalone

That catching the ball is still a problem.

Brandon Kinnie doesn't need to get a flu shot this year because he can't catch anything.

Seriously, can anyone find #10? Does anyone know where he's gone? Kinnie has filled in for Niles Paul's about as well as anyone could. One week you make a few good catches, the next you drop two or three easy ones. All the while Turner moseys around the sideline doing God knows what. Here's a novel concept--

Play. The. Players. Who. Make. Plays.

Brandon Kinnie doesn't need to get a flu shot this year because he can't catch anything.

Seriously, can anyone find #10? Does anyone know where he's gone? Kinnie has filled in for Niles Paul's about as well as anyone could. One week you make a few good catches, the next you drop two or three easy ones. All the while Turner moseys around the sideline doing God knows what. Here's a novel concept--

Yep. I don't care how well you practice, if it doesn't translate to the game, why are you on the field? Maybe Turner needs the added fuel of live competition to really turn it on, who knows? But when BK is dropping catches left and right, someone needs to replace him. Give JT a shot and see what he can do in a game situation.

What we learned today?

Nothing new.

Still the same old crap. Mistakes, mistakes at inopportune times, lack of execution, lack of effort by certain players....Just when the defense makes somewhat of a stop, the offense steps in shoots itself in the foot and turns the ball over (literally or on downs). When the offense scores, the defense steps in and can't get off the field on 3rd down. PSU made some really questionable play calls going at Dennard and not throwing more at Green! Baffling....

Yeah, it was a good win but PSU made some really dumb calls like MSU and handed us the win. Sorry - NU didn't earn squat here. NW (read: smart guys) took advantage of our weaknesses and killed us.

1. Our biggest weakness might be the O Line

2. Can we stop throwing the ball on 3rd and less than 4?

3. Our D folding during the 2nd half, to an inferior offense, is maddening

4. Can we send more than 4 guys?

1. Really? I don't think so. I think our weak points are secondary and our own D-line. Penn State had great DTs, and I don't know for sure but I 'think' we did better running when it wasn't directly at them, until they got tired in the 3rd qtr

2. Maybe, maybe not. I think it threw PSU off guard, and I liked that it worked sometimes. Big props to TMart, great game.

3. Yeah, PSU's second touchdown score was just plain giving up. I don't know what happened there, that was bad.

4. Yes. What's up with that? Didn't Pelini blitz more in the past?

Is it because our secondary is so weak?

IDK, when I have a bad secondary sometimes I want to just bring the heat to force things. I like more pressure on defense in general.

That whether we win or lose, some people will never be happy. Good grief, we won a very emotional hard fought game. We have done well against three very good D's, I'm happy. On to Mechiken.

For this, I give you:

What we learned today?

Nothing new.

Still the same old crap. Mistakes, mistakes at inopportune times, lack of execution, lack of effort by certain players....Just when the defense makes somewhat of a stop, the offense steps in shoots itself in the foot and turns the ball over (literally or on downs). When the offense scores, the defense steps in and can't get off the field on 3rd down. PSU made some really questionable play calls going at Dennard and not throwing more at Green! Baffling....

Yeah, it was a good win but PSU made some really dumb calls like MSU and handed us the win. Sorry - NU didn't earn squat here. NW (read: smart guys) took advantage of our weaknesses and killed us.

Seriously, that was the nation's #3 defense and we had for the most part, no problem moving the ball. Defense may not have played up to snuff, but they managed to stop a really good runner in Silas Redd. Also, notice that we didn't make a lot of penalties. And only one turnover.

Really, I can't find a whole lot to complain about. How some people can is boggling to me. But, that's just me.

What we learned today?

Nothing new.

What we learned today?

Nothing new.

You should probably stop posting considering nobody wants to hear what you have to say...

In other news... What I learned is that Beck or whoever is responsible for designing our plays is really freakin good! We couldn't run it straight downhill out of the I Formation early in the game, so we mixed it up and gave PSU a few looks that they couldn't handle. My favorite was the zone read that turned into an option play. So many things that the D has to cover, and T-Mart ran it to perfection many times today!

Yep. I don't care how well you practice, if it doesn't translate to the game, why are you on the field? Maybe Turner needs the added fuel of live competition to really turn it on, who knows? But when BK is dropping catches left and right, someone needs to replace him. Give JT a shot and see what he can do in a game situation.

you know we'll never know the whole story, but I thought Pelini was about putting the best athletes on the field? and this is really beating a dead horse, but the silence is killing me