If we win out we have beaten 6 ranked teams at one time or the other during the season. Who else has done that.

This is a good team not a 71 or 94 class but a solid team that can beat anybody on any given day.

That's a great point. Makes the Northwestern debacle all that much more horrible.

That gripe aside, this has been a very successful season so far. If you would have told me we'd be 8-2 at this point in the season, I'd have been pretty happy with that. We've beaten some solid teams:

Ohio State

Washington

Wyoming - bowl-eligible!

Michigan State

Penn State

Even if we lose to Michigan at The Big House and beat Iowa, that's a 9-3 regular season with several good wins, two understandable losses and one bad game. That's not a terrible season, especially when you remember the turmoil we went through with the coaching turnover after last season and the fact that we have a pretty young team.

If we win out we have beaten 6 ranked teams at one time or the other during the season. Who else has done that.

This is a good team not a 71 or 94 class but a solid team that can beat anybody on any given day.

That's a great point. Makes the Northwestern debacle all that much more horrible.

That gripe aside, this has been a very successful season so far. If you would have told me we'd be 8-2 at this point in the season, I'd have been pretty happy with that. We've beaten some solid teams:

Ohio State

Washington

Wyoming - bowl-eligible!

Michigan State

Penn State

Even if we lose to Michigan at The Big House and beat Iowa, that's a 9-3 regular season with several good wins, two understandable losses and one bad game. That's not a terrible season, especially when you remember the turmoil we went through with the coaching turnover after last season and the fact that we have a pretty young team.

Whoa!!!!! Wyoming is bowl eligible!!!!!!!

Congrats to them!!! :thumbs

So we wouldve have played 9 bowl eligible teams this season and possibly 10 if NW gets to 6 wins. That actually sounds pretty impressive.

Sorry - I just don't want to play any B12 teams.

Need a few more years to get the bad taste out.

Regardless, if we do end up in a non-BCS bowl it will serve as a painful and standing reminder of what happens when you take a game off. Every year it's been near misses that could have drastically changed the perception of Bo. Of course there was 09 when we could/should have won the B12C! Imagine that - instead of commentators always harping on 1999 as the last time NU won a conf. champ! HUGE HUGE moment that we let slip away (bec. of 0 offense). Then in 2010 - again 0 offense costs us games against tu, aTm and OU. 1 - maybe 2 FG's change that whole season again!

What a huge loss that was to NW.

And BTW - I don't think MSU will lose to NW.

historically, MSU doesn't play well at Northwestern. But then again, Iowa had not lost a home game all season until they went up against MSU.

Last year, was not a good year for the Big Ten in terms of bowl games. 8 teams went to bowl games, only 3 of them won their bowl games. Ohio State, Illinois, and Iowa.

If teams like NU were blowing off NW - not anymore. They now have everyone's attention including MSU's. For MSU - win that game and they get to go to the party in Indy. Just too much on the line for MSU to mess it up and if MSU's truly the better "team" then they should win, but............

BUT............

I think NW has a very good offense. Better than MSU's? IDK - but we'll see.

So we wouldve have played 9 bowl eligible teams this season and possibly 10 if NW gets to 6 wins. That actually sounds pretty impressive.

Perhaps if you are a Clemson fan.

At this point in the season I expected to be in the running to win the division by winning out, not by hoping someone else loses.

At this point in the season I expected to be in the running to win the division by winning out, not by hoping someone else loses.

While you have a point about the division because we have only ourselves to blame for losing to Northwestern, that doesn't eliminate everything else we've done on the year.

While you have a point about the division because we have only ourselves to blame for losing to Northwestern, that doesn't eliminate everything else we've done on the year.

My point was given our record this year and the number bowl eligible teams, its pretty good. You could probably count on one hand how many schools play 8 or more bowl eligible teams in one season.

Yes, at this point in the season we are expected to be in the division race. I and some others called it before the season that the Legends division was gonna beat up on each other, which it has.

By the way if Fresno State wins out it will make it 11 bowl eligible teams, highly unlikely though.

So we are STILL in the divisional race and if we dont make it to Indy, we can only blame it on losing to NW. But at the sametime MSU or Michigan will have earned it.

Bowl projections from national media.

BigTen blog ESPN.com

Fiesta Bowl----- They are thinking Nebraska will win out and not qualify for CCG, but get the first atlarge bid. assuming its against OU.

Brad Edwards and Mark Schlabach ESPN.com

Insight Bowl-- both writers have projected this..... vs. Mizzou or A&M

Jerry Palm CBSsports.com

Capital One Bowl---- vs. Arkansas

Foxsports.com

Gator Bowl----vs. Florida

nationalfootballpost.com Dave Miller

Capital One Bowl----vs. Georgia fwiw he has RUTGERS winning the Big East!!!!

collegefootballbowlprojections.com

Outback Bowl---- vs. South Carolina

sbnation.com

Gator Bowl--- vs. Auburn

cnnsi.com Stewart Mandel

Outback Bowl--- vs.South Carolina

Out of the 9 projections I surveyed, one thing for certain dont make bowl reservations yet.

Sean_Callahan Sean Callahan

Fiesta Bowl eyeing Oklahoma Sooners, Nebraska Cornhuskers - ESPN es.pn/u5myqw #Huskers

6 hours ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

Yeah, Staples on cnnsi.com mentioned this a couple of weeks ago before the NW loss. If Nebraska was available the Fiesta Bowl was gonna take'em, regardless if there were teams ranked above them in the BCS.