PSU fans

ludedude

I'm a longtime lurker here, but I felt compelled to post this.

I had the privilege to attend the game yesterday. Going in, I was expecting to encounter some bad behavior by the PSU fans. Heck, Dr. Tom said it might be a good idea to not wear red. We were both wrong. The fans we encountered were extremely welcoming and classy. My family and I took a lap around the stadium before game time and I can't tell you how many time we were greeted, welcomed and told good luck. Even after a very emotional game, PSU fans took the time to chat with us and wish us good luck with the rest of the season. The guys tailgating next to us when we left were wasted out of their mind, but were extremely friendly as well and chatted with us for awhile. Everyone we met treated us with respect.

Hats off to the PSU fans yesterday. You showed class and made every fan feel welcome.

• Fire 1

Good to hear, this was a game I was really looking forward to at the beginning of the year considering PSU and NU have the tradition behind both programs. I really like how they've kept the same uniform for a long time just like NU has. If they were that classy given the situation surrounding the game that says alot about their fanbase. Hats off to them............

I was also in attendence and i cant say enough good things about the fans. They were very welcoming(only had one F*** you from a drunk student).

Before, during and after the game my girlfriend and I were welcomed and respected. It was awesome to see the fans act so classy during such circumstances surrounding the game.

I was also in attendence and i cant say enough good things about the fans. They were very welcoming(only had one F*** you from a drunk student).

Before, during and after the game my girlfriend and I were welcomed and respected. It was awesome to see the fans act so classy during such circumstances surrounding the game.

I heard the drunk guy that yelled the unfortunate 'F' tirade was quickly extinguished by the other PSU fans! Good for them. I'm glad everything worked out. Here's hoping for healing for that school. It's going to be a long haul for them.

You guys were there, can you estimate the N crowd? On my TV it looked like a lot of red in those stands.

First let say say that we were also well received at the game yesterday, perhaps a dozen and a half "welcomes, thank you for coming, and good luck".Hell I was even interviewed by a local television station about the game and how we were treated. Nittany Nation has much to be proud of with their hospitality yesterday. From my vantage point, about 90% of Husker fans were in the North end zone (upper level)

Nothing like an early day game, a horde of extra state police, and a stern warning of what to expect from authorities if any

of the locals caused any more trouble like last Wednesday night to get even Happy Valley folks to clean up their act.

That and the fact Penn State knew very well they were under intense national scrutiny.

Yep, saints every one of them. This time.

http://www.washingto...rn-joe-paterno/

Ask any of the NU coaching staff what happened after the Happy Valley games in 1982 and 2002.

Heck, I'm sure there are some Husker fans that would swear folks in Boulder are as nice as they can be.

This. When I watched the TV broadcast, I found myself wondering if those tears in the stands were about the victims or about the fact that JoePa lost his job or how the univeristy's image got tarnished. I seriously doubt most of them were crying for the right reasons. This article just shows what happens when you turn a football coach into an idol. Those idiots talking smack to this guy should be ashamed.

Maybe some of them were crying for the Jopa, the victims, their univ even. The turn out in blue was a class act, instead of their usuall whiteout. My hats off to them, for treating Husker fans with respect and good sportsmanship. As far as turning a coach into an idol by some of them, we seem to have a statue of one at our stadium, hmmm. Good luck to Penn St the rest of the way.

GBR!!!