Ratings are in - Nebraska @ Penn State was a big draw

knapplc

Many TVs tuned into Nebraska-Penn State

Posted by: Brian Christopherson on November 17, 2011 at 6:17PM CST

You may have wondered how many people tuned in to watch this past Saturday's Nebraska-Penn State game after all the news coverage about the scandal in State College.

The number is significant.

Below are the rankings for the Top 15 programs on cable networks as compiled by Nielsen for the week of Nov. 7-13.

You'll note the Nebraska-Penn State game is second only behind Monday Night Football.

Even the college football scoreboard show that followed the Nebraska-Penn State game, which focused almost entirely on the scene in Happy Valley, ranked 10th in the rankings.

On a lighter note, you'll find that SpongeBob continues to ride strong.

The numbers:

1. NFL Football: Chicago at Philadelphia (Monday, 8:30 p.m.), ESPN, 12.21 million homes, 16.84 million viewers.

2. College Football: Nebraska at Penn State (Saturday, 12:04 p.m.), ESPN, 4.18 million homes, 5.42 million viewers.

3. "Walking Dead" (Sunday, 9 p.m.), AMC, 4.08 million homes, 6.12 million viewers.

4. NFL Football: Oakland at San Diego (Thursday, 8:30 p.m.), NFLN, 3.77 million homes, 5.27 million viewers.

5. "SportsCenter" (Monday, 11:57 p.m.), ESPN, 3.44 million homes, 4.35 million viewers.

• Fire 5

Great Post.....a couple of thoughts.....

1. I was unable to watch the game as I was working, but followed it on ESPN mobile....my daughter, who watched it, said she was moved to tears at the pre-game prayer....

2. I'm wondering how this will effect recruitng....

3. I heard the pre-game prayer will become a tradition between Penn State and the Huskers, and that some type of trophy is in the works for the annual PSU-Husker contest....

Great Post.....a couple of thoughts.....

1. I was unable to watch the game as I was working, but followed it on ESPN mobile....my daughter, who watched it, said she was moved to tears at the pre-game prayer....

2. I'm wondering how this will effect recruitng....

3. I heard the pre-game prayer will become a tradition between Penn State and the Huskers, and that some type of trophy is in the works for the annual PSU-Husker contest....

1. It was definitely cool, although I don't understand why it caused everyone to go crazy in love over Ron Brown all of the sudden.

2. It won't

3. That would be cool.