The most alarming thing today...

Frankly, I thought the most alarming thing of the day was that, for the second time in four road games, our team was 100% unprepared to compete.

I thought they were ready to go against Wisconsin - they just self-destructed a bit and couldn't find their way back on the road until the fourth quarter, and we ended up learning from our mistakes.

Today - different story. Not ready to compete today.

Who was the genius who decided to go for the block? We were going to field the punt at mid-field, and probably take it to their 35. But, no, some genius said, "Go for the block." In the thousands of football games I have watched, I have seen a team block a punt when it tried to about .00001% of the time. The risk/reward ratio is so wide that it is not worth the risk. There was no way that we should have even attempted to block that punt.

Who was the genius who decided to go for the block? We were going to field the punt at mid-field, and probably take it to their 35. But, no, some genius said, "Go for the block." In the thousands of football games I have watched, I have seen a team block a punt when it tried to about .00001% of the time. The risk/reward ratio is so wide that it is not worth the risk. There was no way that we should have even attempted to block that punt.

Anyone ever tell you your hindsight is right at 20/20? That's some great second-guessing you're doing for a guy making a split-second decision.

For reference's sake, he had about as much time to decide whether to go for that punt block as you took to type the period at the end of your post. And you're cracking on him.

Brilliant. :thumbs

Anyone ever tell you your hindsight is right at 20/20?

Brilliant. :thumbs

This should not have been a hindsight 20/20 decision. Prior to the snap, they should have thought solely about containing. It's a no-brainer. I'm not furious or going to demand somebody's firing, I'm just saying that it was an amateur mistake. The most likely outcome of attempting the block occurred. We should not have even tried.

Actually thought that was kind of strange also. The block punt thing. But Nebraska would not of gotten it on the 35. I think The returner fell down trying to catch the ball at the 50. Or was the punt block called? Or did he just sneak through and go for it? Not sure. But hey, Nebraska is a little above average team. Nebraska is very young also. But if there was a year to come in and win this conference it was this year and it did not happen. But it is tough to blame coaches with all the drops and the turnovers that were big time game changers. Coaches were not on the field.