twitter hate.....

irieboy8

even worse when e martin is looking to straight up kill a guy on twitter who happens to be a new huskerboard member.....

very very sad!

AustinHskr????????

not that guy... look a few posts up

but you know its just not this guys who happens to be on huskerboard i've seen other people during the season whom i dont know are members are not just hammer and hammer away

the thing that gets me as we can joke and make fun kind comments and occasional stupid things that get us in trouble in one way or another but to go on such a hostile attack is pretty weak

Just get over it. Twitter is an outlet. If a player goes to a restaurant or other public place he could hear the same things. If he allows himself to be essentially trolled then that is his fault and many players find themselves in fights and legal trouble because of it. There are a lot of great comments and constructive criticism as well in all media forms and you just have to filter out the ridiculous.

For those who havnt read it, a guy told a a few players, one was BK, about how pathetic of an effort they gave besides lavonte, said they were too scared to win, pelinis post game was bad and he's a loser, eric martin then jumped in and said he made a mistake disrespecting the players and he'd find him, and then the guy said "not scared, saw you try to catch D Rob" i thought the last line was kinda funny, but its rediculous this guy is saying these kind of things to our players

HAHAHAHA. That's a great line.

But Eric should really shut his mouth and not threaten people over social media. I'm pretty sure that's a crime.

Just get over it. Twitter is an outlet. If a player goes to a restaurant or other public place he could hear the same things. If he allows himself to be essentially trolled then that is his fault and many players find themselves in fights and legal trouble because of it. There are a lot of great comments and constructive criticism as well in all media forms and you just have to filter out the ridiculous.

I agree. While I don't agree with players being trolled or attacked personally, this stuff is inevitable when they put themselves out there on twitter, etc. IMO they shouldn't be allowed to tweet. They are college football players and students. They don't need those kind of distractions.

Them being on twitter actually supports one of my theories of why this team has struggled so much. These players are spoiled, propped up and think they are superstars. The first class treatment they receive goes to their head and I think that ultimately affect their play on the field. Instead of playing with heart, determination and a genuine love for the game, they make the mistake of thinking they are better than others and don't give it their all. They feel entitled are more worried about self promotion and being a star. Just think about how the Peter brothers or any of the other "animals" used to play. Those guys were insane and killed themselves every Saturday and didn't take anything for granted.

For those who havnt read it, a guy told a a few players, one was BK, about how pathetic of an effort they gave besides lavonte, said they were too scared to win, pelinis post game was bad and he's a loser, eric martin then jumped in and said he made a mistake disrespecting the players and he'd find him, and then the guy said "not scared, saw you try to catch D Rob" i thought the last line was kinda funny, but its rediculous this guy is saying these kind of things to our players

HAHAHAHA. That's a great line.

But Eric should really shut his mouth and not threaten people over social media. I'm pretty sure that's a crime.

Didn't look at what he said exactly, but if he specifically said, "I'm going to kill you!" That's a crime here in Iowa....................1st degree harassment, aggravated misdemeanor.

Regarding Twitter, if you're going to revel in the praise of the fans via Twitter after a victory, then you better be prepared to endure their wrath after a defeat.

If you don't want to hear what the fans think about you or your performance, get off Twitter.

then by the same logic, the troll should not mind being trolled himself...Why don't all of the husker twitter people blast this guy's twitter feed with d-bag messages and see how he likes it?

Regarding Twitter, if you're going to revel in the praise of the fans via Twitter after a victory, then you better be prepared to endure their wrath after a defeat.

If you don't want to hear what the fans think about you or your performance, get off Twitter.

This^ and this^....spot on!! Welcome to the world of social media. There are plenty of ways to edit, monitor, unsubscribe, unfriend or whatever you want to call it. Although the guy attacking the player might be a D-Bag for doing it, allowing himself to get drawn off sides by the guy is all on Martin.

I am too stupid to use twitter and facebook. Hell, I can't even put an avatar on HB and I have been a member for seems like forever... I have said before that as a HS coach, I ban the use of facebook as an "outlet for football"....they aren't allowed to comment of football...positive or negative......

Obviously, I can't and don't "police" it........(one because I am too dumb) and two, it would be impossible....but word gets out from those who do..

Anyway, I have said this before is regards to Green.....but too bad "fans" feel the need to bash players.... I will cus at my tv set and complain like the rest of us....but it is another level to contact or harass a player.... I can be upset with anyone of those coaches and/or players, but guess what.... they are ALL a HELL OF A LOT BETTER THAN I AM..... f'n grow up and i would like to see that d'bag try to tackle D-Rob....

Mayber Emart will think it was James Vandenberg....and we will destroy Iowa