Keys To Beating Iowa

Mike Daniels is a pretty good DT for Iowa, if he played for us he would probably be starting right now, other than him their DL is not too intimidating, Binns is a decent DE but nothing spectacular. Their LB's are not as athletic as some but they are pretty decent at the point of attack, I think we can expect to see more yards on the ground vs Iowa than we have in the last two games on the ground.

Thier secondary is led by a guy that should be our second lock down cb, but Callahan deemed him to be too short(Prater)but he is very good. Hyde is not quite as physical, but he has the ability to make plays as well, if they have an edge over us it might be here, as their safety play is also better than ours imo.

We need to run the ball a lot, so hopefully we rest Burkhead this week. Martinez needs to do more running, and make his decisions quicker than he has been on when to leave the pocket! This is our last game for over a month so if he takes a pounding he will have some time to rest, this game will set the tone for a rivalry for many years to come, we must play well IMO to win.

Huskers win a close one!

Unfortunately, I agree with more of the Cy thoughts than the typical Iowa fan thoughts. Vandenburg is pretty accurate at home, but he still hasn't figure out how to not get rattled on the road. Coker will probably get his yards - he really is a bulldozer. On the flip side, Burkhead will get his yards as well for the same reason. I am a die hard Iowa fan, but the defense this year has just not gelled and is missing some of the talent we have had the past few years. If this game were in Iowa City I would like our chances, but one road win where we had 3 turnovers does not inspire my confidence that we have figured out how to play on the road.

Block.

Tackle.

Catch the f-cking ball when it is thrown to you. Hold on to it.

Ya, catching and holding-on to the rock is a very big deal. We've had a string of drops over the last three games and fumbles have cost us dearly in two. Take care of the rock and NW is a win, Mich is a close loss. Who didn't put the damn ball on the turf Satuday? Scared as hell of the rock coming to Bell.

If we catch, don't turn the rock over, and play just competent D we don't lose this game.