Which bowl game will we go to?

I completely agree with the point that bowl games don't like to take the same team two years in a row. I guess where I am getting really irritated is the fact that if MSU falls below the Ouback which I have seen several sites project then to say it would greatly bother me would be an understatement.

this has become a major problem with bowl games, you can try to fluff up all the other reasons you want to, but the bowls basically take one thing into consideration when it comes to selections...$$$, it would be screwed up if MSU lost the B1GCG and dropped from a possible trip to the Rose Bowl all the way down to the Insight, the Outback and Capital One bowls are pretty interchangeable if you ask me, but anything lower than one of those for MSU with a loss against Wisconsin would be a huge indictment of the bowl system...

I completely agree with the point that bowl games don't like to take the same team two years in a row. I guess where I am getting really irritated is the fact that if MSU falls below the Ouback which I have seen several sites project then to say it would greatly bother me would be an understatement.

this has become a major problem with bowl games, you can try to fluff up all the other reasons you want to, but the bowls basically take one thing into consideration when it comes to selections...$$$, it would be screwed up if MSU lost the B1GCG and dropped from a possible trip to the Rose Bowl all the way down to the Insight, the Outback and Capital One bowls are pretty interchangeable if you ask me, but anything lower than one of those for MSU with a loss against Wisconsin would be a huge indictment of the bowl system...

I agree with both of you two on this. If a team makes it to the conference championship game by winning it's division, they should NOT drop 2-3 spots in the selection (maybe not even that many)...... If Wiscy wins, and Michigan makes BCS, then you "could" argue that NU beat MSU, so realistically the Capital One would have that arguement, but we all know that the pick is based on $$$ and MSU going a lot lately...

If Wiscy wins, MSU should NOT fall below Outback and should be in consideration for the Capital One..... only way this happens, is if Michigan doesn't make BCS... in that scenario, NU and Michigan may snatch up the Capital and Outback, pushing MSU to Insight..... I hate the thought of that happening. In fact, I would hope the Insight would "pass" on MSU and let them go to Gator to punish Florida..... as a fan and player, I would much rather go to Jacksonville on Jan. 2 than Pheonix on Dec. 30....

Yeah, but how many times has MSU has been to Orlando in the past 4 years? Three. I'm not sure their fans would want to go there AGAIN. So if they don't make the Outback, then it kinda makes sense for them to go somewhere "new" even if it's a step down.

Just more evidence of how screwed up the bowl situation is....

How do u say the conference champ loser should automatically get the best opppurtunity bowl? Just becuass u make the tiftle game doesnt mean your the 2nd best conference team. Georgia won the east...big deal. They were the 4th best team n the Sec...

Obviously, if Michigan State was 4-4 in the Big Ten and winners of multiple tiebreakers to get into the CCG then no they should not get a premium bowl just because they made it to the CCG. In instances though where the team that qualifies for the CCG has the best record or tied for best record in the conference then I do in fact believe that said team should be guaranteed that conferences #1 non-BCS bowl. In regards to some of the arguments that it gets old travelling to the same state for games year after year, I agree with this argument to a point but when you are severely dropping a team 2 or 3 spots just because you are tired of them visiting your state then something is seriously wrong. I'm all about the prestige of the game and going to the Capital One or Outback bowl means much more to me then going to the Insight or Gator, and in no way does having to travel to sunny Orlando or Tampa year after year deter me from going to the bowl game. Just my two cents

I sure hope MSU does not get the Cap One bowl. They need a lower tier bowl. They have not won a bowl game in forever. They are overrated this year. They got Ohio state when they were down and still barely won, lost badly to an very avg ND team, got lucky with the win vs Wisc.

If Georgia wins the SEC, where will we go? If Georgia wins the SEC in a close game, Alabama and LSU could still be nos. 1 and 2. I presume they would still play. This would put a third SEC team into a BCS bowl. If this happens, who do you envision us playing in our bowl game? If Georgia beats LSU by a fair amount, it might drop LSU behind Stanford. If that happened, there's no way LSU could get a BCS bowl. Would that open the possibility of us playing LSU in the Capital One bowl?

If Georgia wins the SEC, where will we go? If Georgia wins the SEC in a close game, Alabama and LSU could still be nos. 1 and 2. I presume they would still play. This would put a third SEC team into a BCS bowl. If this happens, who do you envision us playing in our bowl game? If Georgia beats LSU by a fair amount, it might drop LSU behind Stanford. If that happened, there's no way LSU could get a BCS bowl. Would that open the possibility of us playing LSU in the Capital One bowl?

incorrect, only two teams out of the same conference are allowed in bcs bowls, thus alabama and georgia would go to bcs games, mnc for alabama and another one for georgia...that means arky goes to cotton and lsu goes to capital one vs nebraska im presuming, georgia winning does nothing against our position, it just moves every team in the sec down one, capital one=lsu, cotton=arkansas outback=south carolina

incorrect, only two teams out of the same conference are allowed in bcs bowls, thus alabama and georgia would go to bcs games, mnc for alabama and another one for georgia...that means arky goes to cotton and lsu goes to capital one vs nebraska im presuming, georgia winning does nothing against our position, it just moves every team in the sec down one, capital one=lsu, cotton=arkansas outback=south carolina

LSU could lose and play for the NC against Alabama. Georgia would be the SEC champion and would go to a BCS game. I think the NCG is an exception to the 2 team rule.

Actually there can be three teams from the same conference in the BCS, its a loophole.

No more than two teams from a conference may be selected, regardless of whether they are automatic qualifiers or at-large selections, unless two non-champions from the same conference are ranked No. 1 and No. 2 in the final BCS Standings.

exactly and that will never happen, if lsu loses there is no way they would only drop to number 2

Actually there can be three teams from the same conference in the BCS, its a loophole.

No more than two teams from a conference may be selected, regardless of whether they are automatic qualifiers or at-large selections, unless two non-champions from the same conference are ranked No. 1 and No. 2 in the final BCS Standings.

exactly and that will never happen, if lsu loses there is no way they would only drop to number 2

Yeah because who's ever dropped only one spot before and gone to the NCG without winning their conference.......

• Fire 2

Yeah because who's ever dropped only one spot before and gone to the NCG without winning their conference.......

well i just dont see it happening, Georgia isnt a great team by any means, they just had a piss poor schedule this year, there are some 1 loss teams that i think would jump including Oklahoma St, and Stanford